7:05 PM :  Dallas ( -155 ) at  Buffalo ( 135 ) —- T: -155
    7:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( -150 ) at  Philadelphia ( 130 ) —- T: -150
    7:05 PM :  San Jose ( 110 ) at  Boston ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    7:05 PM :  St. Louis ( -120 ) at  Columbus ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    7:35 PM :  Colorado ( -110 ) at  Toronto ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    7:35 PM :  Minnesota ( 110 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    8:05 PM :  Anaheim ( 155 ) at  Nashville ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    9:05 PM :  New Jersey ( 100 ) at  Calgary ( -120 ) —- T: 100

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• huskerfan50

Thoughts on tonight’s slate? Will Nashville finally come down to earth? who keeps their current momentum, Colorado or Toronto?

• chrisp200

All I’ll say is there are three revenge games tonight and all three look juicy.

• woefulstuff

Vegas is already off Anaheim prematurely me thinks. Never thought I’d see them as the biggest dogs of the night at any point this season.

• maxeernst

Not sure how NJ is a dog. I’ll take that bet.

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@chrisp200 said...

All I’ll say is there are three revenge games tonight and all three look juicy.

I did go to college with Mike Santorelli, but he’s usually not on my DFS radar and he was only in Nashville for a couple months.

Do you just keep a lit of upcoming revenge games? I’ll assume Jeff Carter and Joe Thornton are 2 of your 3. Do these things just go on for perpetuity? I’m not saying these are bad plays, but Carter has won 2 Cups since leaving PHI and when Thornton was in BOS, PJ Stock was a teammate.

• huskerfan50

Do you guys ever play an entire line as a stack?

• Ryanoss

• 2015 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@huskerfan50 said...

Do you guys ever play an entire line as a stack?

I would suggest reviewing winning lineups in gpps that you enter to see what is working for people.

• Ryanoss

• 2015 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@mberkowi said...

I did go to college with Mike Santorelli, but he’s usually not on my DFS radar and he was only in Nashville for a couple months.

Do you just keep a lit of upcoming revenge games? I’ll assume Jeff Carter and Joe Thornton are 2 of your 3. Do these things just go on for perpetuity? I’m not saying these are bad plays, but Carter has won 2 Cups since leaving PHI and when Thornton was in BOS, PJ Stock was a teammate.

You don’t have to look too hard to find revenge narratives in this day and age. Lindy Ruff fired by sabres so he will game plan extra hard to beat them. Dave Schlemko narrative too. It’s a reach but martin Jones was briefly a bruin. B. Schenn. Parenteau. Cammaleri. Plus the ones you mentioned.
    These are off the top of my head. There are likely countless others.

• chrisp200

@mberkowi said...

Only one of the three you mentioned was on my list.

• noddy

@maxeernst said...

Not sure how NJ is a dog. I’ll take that bet.

This

• umwoz

After last night, I’m really happy to see that picking a winning goalie looks really easy tonight. We’ll see how long it takes me to eat those words though.

• letterj007

Carter
    Thorton
    Cammalieri
    Simmonds (was traded for one of either Carter or Richards)
    B Schenn too
    Ruff

• umwoz

I get worried when I see a moneyline that is so far from what I think it should be like Calgary-NJ tonight. What do they know that we don’t? It seems to have successfully pulled money off of NJ and public bets are pretty even. Is that their strategy?

• Aalbanese102089

I’m not sure if I want Niemi tonight.. or Schneider.

• maxeernst

@umwoz said...

I get worried when I see a moneyline that is so far from what I think it should be like Calgary-NJ tonight. What do they know that we don’t? It seems to have successfully pulled money off of NJ and public bets are pretty even. Is that their strategy?

I mentioned it earlier. You’re not the only one. I imagine a lot of money will land on NJ before puck drop there. Calgary cannot defend and they’re struggling to score. Schneider has been in beast mode for some time now. He has the best stats of any goalie in the NHL over the last 3 years despite playing for a mediocre club. I think the Devils will roll.

• EasyRawlins

@Ryanoss said...

You don’t have to look too hard to find revenge narratives in this day and age. Lindy Ruff fired by sabres so he will game plan extra hard to beat them. Dave Schlemko narrative too. It’s a reach but martin Jones was briefly a bruin. B. Schenn. Parenteau. Cammaleri. Plus the ones you mentioned.
    These are off the top of my head. There are likely countless others.

Joel Ward. Boston.

• Danomite6

What are the Vegas odds that Vegas makes Toronto the favorite in any game this year? I mean if they were going to do it, tonight might be the night but they still wouldn’t favor the leafs tonight. Seems like an ideal matchup for the Leafs and they are not playing Santa Claus (I mean Bernier – who likes to give out at least 2 gift wrapped goals to the opposition on any given night). Either way, I’m not touching any players from either side of this game nor am I touching the goalies even though they are in fact the 2 hottest goalies right now in cash games. If it was GPP though, I’d probably stack Kadri/Van Riemsdyk (Kadri is so due for some goals it isn’t even funny with 74 shots and 1 goal).

• umwoz

Colorado has been good, but they are not “win 4 road games in a row” good. Not saying that they are “due” for a loss but each game it’s becoming more likely they regress back to what they are. That said, Reimer has also been playing above his norm. I’ll snag some exposure to Colorado, simply because they have such high upside, but I agree with you that I wouldn’t grab either goalie.

• ydomes

Anyone know why FD is only paying out 100/1149 in the $25 dollar tourney? As much as I love the big prizes (5k,3k,2k for 1,2,3) up top, seems a little ridiculous to only pay out 8.7%.

• Danomite6

Still struggling with the goalie choice here. Honestly can’t decide between: Elliot (for value), Quick, Niemi or Rinne. I have concerns about all based on the matchups and/or how they have been playing lately. Hardest night this year I have found to make a choice.

• drewbee30

I’m running with Schneider and Rinne in cash.

• letterj007

@Danomite6 said...

What are the Vegas odds that Vegas makes Toronto the favorite in any game this year? I mean if they were going to do it, tonight might be the night but they still wouldn’t favor the leafs tonight. Seems like an ideal matchup for the Leafs and they are not playing Santa Claus (I mean Bernier – who likes to give out at least 2 gift wrapped goals to the opposition on any given night). Either way, I’m not touching any players from either side of this game nor am I touching the goalies even though they are in fact the 2 hottest goalies right now in cash games. If it was GPP though, I’d probably stack Kadri/Van Riemsdyk (Kadri is so due for some goals it isn’t even funny with 74 shots and 1 goal).

I think you should look at the open. I don’t believe Toronto OPENED as a fave.

• deejones49

Top stack

• deejones49

Colton Parayko appears to be a scratch for Tuesday night.

• Danomite6

@deejones49 said...

Colton Parayko appears to be a scratch for Tuesday night.

Yeah, was just about to post that…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).