NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NHL? Come get in on some hockey talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nhl..

7:05 PM :  Vegas ( 180 ) at  Boston ( -220 ) —- T: 180
    7:05 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 130 ) at  Washington ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    7:35 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 150 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -170 ) —- T: 150
    7:35 PM :  Columbus ( -120 ) at  Florida ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    7:35 PM :  Detroit ( 125 ) at  Ottawa ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    8:05 PM :  Philadelphia ( 155 ) at  St. Louis ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    8:05 PM :  Montreal ( 125 ) at  Minnesota ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    8:05 PM :  Dallas ( -105 ) at  Winnipeg ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    9:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 0 ) at  Calgary ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  Carolina ( -120 ) at  Colorado ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    10:05 PM :  Buffalo ( -115 ) at  Arizona ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    10:35 PM :  Toronto ( 0 ) at  Los Angeles ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Indycrocodile

• Blogger of the Month

12 games? My head is already spinning. At least there won’t be concentrated ownership anywhere. Hopefully.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

What a night for me yesterday! +$55 in the main $4 contest and +$446 in the late $27 contest for a total of +$501!

Now for tonight, the obvious stacks are Boston, TB and St. Louis.

• keephustlincuz

Keller 6400 on FD. Wow.

• Blahaaron

@Felixxberg said...

What a night for me yesterday! +$55 in the main $4 contest and +$446 in the late $27 contest for a total of +$501!

Now for tonight, the obvious stacks are Boston, TB and St. Louis.

Wow. That is awesome. Good job!

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Blahaaron said...

Wow. That is awesome. Good job!

Thanks! Like you said yesterday, it came back soon enough!

• dyavid

Love the Dal/Wpg game.. I won a tournament last year with a game stack when these teams met so i’ll be going back to well on that one. Also Pittsburghs struggles on the second half of B2B have been pretty interesting. Wondering if that will continue.. Might have to throw in a little CGY1 tonight

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

I’ll try and get my blog out this afternoon, but looks like it might be a “chalky” night for me. I can’t pass on CGY L1 or NYI L1. I’m plugging in some COL L1 as well. Goalie who they hell knows but right now (Price, Varlamov, and Bob).

• Blahaaron

Almost all coyotes games have had more than 5 goals. I think this one will be the same. I’m stacking.

• dyavid

@hautalak said...

Goalie who they hell knows but right now (Price, Varlamov, and Bob).

I know Johnny T has been hot but holtby at home for 7.3k is way too cheap.

• hautalak

• x2

I’m playing too much NYI so I don’t want to do that to myself. Maybe 1 “hedge” in case but otherwise I’ll still look elsewhere.

• mathewsmarner

like me some dylan larkin, i think he’s taking over the red wings roster as their #1 guy

• Benn91

Finding value guys will be the key tonight.

• hautalak

• x2

Love the slate today obviously so I put out a blog (here). It just goes over some of my favorite DK lines, goalies, defensemen, and value plays. Some of it is pretty obvious but there should be some lesser owned stuff in there as well. Hopefully it can help or at the very least make you consider something. Good luck on this great slate!

• StPaulMick

^Baller. Thanks, dude.

• TimmerRC

I’m off NYI tonight. You guys playing NYI1 may end up having a huge night, but I look at Tavares and other than the hat trick against Nashville, he doesn’t have a single goal or even a single assist on the road, this year in 6 road games other than Nashville. And his production at home has been super solid, but much of it came against Arizona and a Vegas team onto their 3rd and then 4th goalies… considering that I’ve got Stamkos at home against the Rangers, I think I’ll pass. Now that I’ve said this, Tavares will get 3 more goals, lol.

• hautalak

• x2

@StPaulMick said...

^Baller. Thanks, dude.

Anytime! My lines are pretty obvious but I don’t see how you can avoid them if running multiple lineups. Goalies still piss me off this year haha

• TimmerRC

@hautalak said...

Love the slate today obviously so I put out a blog (here). It just goes over some of my favorite DK lines, goalies, defensemen, and value plays. Some of it is pretty obvious but there should be some lesser owned stuff in there as well. Hopefully it can help or at the very least make you consider something. Good luck on this great slate!

Just read this, nice work! You are a bit chalky, but you admit that, lol… I agree on Reilly Smith… I think people focus so much on Vegas’ goalie woes that they are missing how hard their forwards are busting it to keep their season going… Boston lets a decent number of goals in, so Reilly Smith at his price makes for a great play imo. That said, hard not to look at a Marchand too, because… that goalie…

• dyavid

On a 12 game slate ownership will be spread out so i wouldnt worry at all about chalkyness. so many good places to go.

Just trying to figure out which top line will be 3% and go off like Philly did against Washington two weeks ago

• hautalak

• x2

@TimmerRC said...

Just read this, nice work! You are a bit chalky, but you admit that, lol… I agree on Reilly Smith… I think people focus so much on Vegas’ goalie woes that they are missing how hard their forwards are busting it to keep their season going… Boston lets a decent number of goals in, so Reilly Smith at his price makes for a great play imo. That said, hard not to look at a Marchand too, because… that goalie…

Thank you! I just can’t get off those top two lines. The value for NYI is there with the huge upside. Yeah you can go a variety of ways with Vegas and Boston isn’t great on the defensive end. I agree Marchand, just not sure I can fit him in with some of the other guys I want to play. I think Schenn would make a nice play going against his old team that I’m not sure he was too fond of with how he was used there. I’m not sure that’s how he feels but would guess so with his production this year.

• TimmerRC

I’m avoiding NYI because they will be too popular and I think they won’t match the expected production, and I’m off Calgary as well. I get the thought process about it, but Calgary plays a shut-down low action game at home and I can’t build lineups assuming that a Crosby-led team will allow 7 goals again.

I’m loving TB1 at home against a pathetic NYR team, and TB2 as well.

I’ll be using a lot of the CLM PP1 too. Florida gets a lot of penalties, and they have the 3rd worst PK. Columbus has virtually zero PP goals this season but Torts just sat the team down and spent two days talking about nothing but the PP and how they all need to relax about it and chill. I think CLM gets at least 4 goals and that PP unit should hit big.

• hautalak

• x2

@TimmerRC said...

I’m avoiding NYI because they will be too popular and I think they won’t match the expected production, and I’m off Calgary as well. I get the thought process about it, but Calgary plays a shut-down low action game at home and I can’t build lineups assuming that a Crosby-led team will allow 7 goals again.

I’m loving TB1 at home against a pathetic NYR team, and TB2 as well.

I’ll be using a lot of the CLM PP1 too. Florida gets a lot of penalties, and they have the 3rd worst PK. Columbus has virtually zero PP goals this season but Torts just sat the team down and spent two days talking about nothing but the PP and how they all need to relax about it and chill. I think CLM gets at least 4 goals and that PP unit should hit big.

There’s definitely some validity to all those points. I’m not expecting them to give up 7 again though lol More like 4 or so. And NYI could easily lose, I just like the hot hands in hockey. I want TB but they are too expensive (rightfully so). Maybe a Stammer one-off somewhere and a Kucherov one-off somewhere. Scoring for CBJ is tough to pinpoint so I’ll stick with their D.

• Blahaaron

@TimmerRC said...

That is why i have both line 1s for boston and Vegas in the same game. I think it has huge potential to explode.

• Blahaaron

@hautalak said...

There’s definitely some validity to all those points. I’m not expecting them to give up 7 again though lol More like 4 or so. And NYI could easily lose, I just like the hot hands in hockey. I want TB but they are too expensive (rightfully so). Maybe a Stammer one-off somewhere and a Kucherov one-off somewhere. Scoring for CBJ is tough to pinpoint so I’ll stick with their D.

Brayden Point is good for value if you want a Bolt. And Bailey or Barzal.

• hautalak

• x2

@Blahaaron said...

Brayden Point is good for value if you want a Bolt. And Bailey or Barzal.

Yeah I don’t love Point’s line though. That L4 for TB is actually “terrifying”, well for a L4 at least. Bailey check and Barzal is definitively in consideration.

• PhoFever

Maybe this is my inexperience talking here, but out of all the teams talked about as “chalky” tonight, I did not expect NYI to come up. Holtby seemed to right the ship last game, and now he’s got home ice and a powerful offense behind him that is bound for positive regression soon. And it’s not as if NYI has been beating up good teams lately, other than struggling Nashville. I’ll pass. I like the idea of stacking the Yotes so I can fit in BOS1 or TB1.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).