NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NHL? Come get in on some hockey talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nhl..

7:05 PM :  Vegas ( 180 ) at  Boston ( -220 ) —- T: 180
    7:05 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 130 ) at  Washington ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    7:35 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 150 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -170 ) —- T: 150
    7:35 PM :  Columbus ( -120 ) at  Florida ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    7:35 PM :  Detroit ( 125 ) at  Ottawa ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    8:05 PM :  Philadelphia ( 155 ) at  St. Louis ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    8:05 PM :  Montreal ( 125 ) at  Minnesota ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    8:05 PM :  Dallas ( -105 ) at  Winnipeg ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    9:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 0 ) at  Calgary ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  Carolina ( -120 ) at  Colorado ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    10:05 PM :  Buffalo ( -115 ) at  Arizona ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    10:35 PM :  Toronto ( 0 ) at  Los Angeles ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sizzlebeans

@dyavid said...

The % payout is not why you would play this tournament, you are looking to come top 5 not a min cash. i’ve had success with this tournament taking it down 3 times and top 5 a few more times since i discovered it last january. Like i said its a top heavy payout tournament with limited total entries so it wont take as high of a score to win. When i won the first time i scored of 56 when the winner in the forecheck had 65 that night and i won $300 but would have won $50 in the forecheck.

good points

• dyavid

Also compare that to the $1 hipcheck. Both have payouts of $200 for 1st but the wrist shot is 594 entries compared to the hipcheck at 4756. Thats 8x as many entries you are competing against. If youre going to play 2 in the hipcheck, it makes more sense to play 1 in the wrist shot imo

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Felixxberg said...

I get that when you play multiple sports, it’s a lot to research and verify before lock if you start entering Turbo and Late lineups!

For the main slate, I see that you already do a lot of research (nice blog by the way) so all that effort for a 0.11% chance (a little more since you do more research than others, but still) of getting away with $50 isn’t as nice as trying to go for the $3,000 top prize, or at least like dyavid says the $2 wrist shot where the top prize is 4 times better with about 12 times fewer entrants.

That being said, on a huge slate like tonight, the risk is definitely very high compared to yesterday, for example. For that reason, I would wait a for a smaller slate.

Thank you.

I really need to toy around with contest selection moving forward. I’ll keep it how I’ve been for tonight but moving forward I’ll look into the numbers better. I’m thinking it’s going to be a big night for this forum!

• hautalak

• x2

After quick consideration, I’m playing the $2 tonight (if it doesn’t fill before I get home). I’m going to trust one of my lineups tonight.

• Cal_Naughton_Jr

I wonder how many people will be on the bet against Pits on the b2b train

• hautalak

• x2

@Cal_Naughton_Jr said...

I wonder how many people will be on the bet against Pits on the b2b train

My guess would be a lot (including me). I just don’t trust their tender and lines right now. Sure they can score but they’ll also get scored on. Flames at home too.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@hautalak said...

After quick consideration, I’m playing the $2 tonight (if it doesn’t fill before I get home). I’m going to trust one of my lineups tonight.

I hope you get a good payout! On a 12 game slate there is a lot of variance though.

• hautalak

• x2

@Felixxberg said...

I hope you get a good payout! On a 12 game slate there is a lot of variance though.

Yeah even if I don’t it’s the “right” thing to do. With the smaller field I think that’s reduced quite a bit. Well I would imagine less guys with 20 entries helps mitigate that.

• MakinItkane9

Already entered lineups in the 2$ tourney and regretting it. All the brains in this forum are entering now

Edit: Rename the wrist shot to the rotogrinders wrist shot?

• sizzlebeans

@MakinItkane9 said...

Already entered lineups in the 2$ tourney and regretting it. All the brains in this forum are entering now

I just max entered it, lol

• hautalak

• x2

Hey I’m all for an expanded “league” contest. Somebody will bring it down!

• TimmerRC

Oh, is the $2 where its at? Heading there now… :)

• dyavid

Was mostly in the forecheck tonight but i guess i’ll have to throw one or two in the $2 now

• MakinItkane9

Ez win tonight in the wrist shot ;)

as long as gopatsgo_12 doesn’t win im happy

• hautalak

• x2

@MakinItkane9 said...

Ez win tonight in the wrist shot ;)

as long as gopatsgo_12 doesn’t win im happy

It’s really looking like a “forum night”. Who that may be is the question. I hope there’s as many goals as some of these totals are suggesting.

• keephustlincuz

Enter the wrist shot you say? I hope someone from the forum wins.

• PhoFever

I haven’t heard STL1/2 come up yet. Is there a reason? Obviously, Allen makes some sense at goalie because of the b2b and after watching Wedgewood and Crawford mostly tame L1, which was on fire before that. But I think STL1/2 have a nice chance to pot 4 goals tonight against Neuvirth.

• keephustlincuz

@Seahawktom said...

I haven’t heard STL1/2 come up yet. Is there a reason? Obviously, Allen makes some sense at goalie because of the b2b and after watching Wedgewood and Crawford mostly tame L1, which was on fire before that. But I think STL1/2 have a nice chance to pot 4 goals tonight against Neuvirth.

I just put them in the wrist shot. Shhh.

• krighton

Top cheap GPP D?

• cchap2

Thoughts on Cam Ward against Colorado tonight?

• cchap2

Demers? @krighton

• sizzlebeans

@cchap2 said...

Demers?

Goligoski and Scandella also from that game, for $200 cheaper, if needed.

• hautalak

• x2

Damn that structure of the $2 wrist shot is rough… Reserving my entry now. Bring this bitch down forum!!!

• krighton

@sizzlebeans said...

Goligoski and Scandella also from that game, for $200 cheaper, if needed.

thanks

• cchap2

@Seahawktom said...

I’m all over STL1

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).