NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

Did you know we have a new chat area specifically for NHL? Come get in on some hockey talk or sweat the games by clicking the Chat radio button up above or by clicking here: https://rotogrinders.com/chat?channel=nhl..

7:05 PM :  Vegas ( 180 ) at  Boston ( -220 ) —- T: 180
    7:05 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 130 ) at  Washington ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    7:35 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 150 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -170 ) —- T: 150
    7:35 PM :  Columbus ( -120 ) at  Florida ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    7:35 PM :  Detroit ( 125 ) at  Ottawa ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    8:05 PM :  Philadelphia ( 155 ) at  St. Louis ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    8:05 PM :  Montreal ( 125 ) at  Minnesota ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    8:05 PM :  Dallas ( -105 ) at  Winnipeg ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    9:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 0 ) at  Calgary ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  Carolina ( -120 ) at  Colorado ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    10:05 PM :  Buffalo ( -115 ) at  Arizona ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    10:35 PM :  Toronto ( 0 ) at  Los Angeles ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I have never entered the wrist shot before but if I did it would be max entries (17 entries). I kind of want to enter it but at the same time I don’t want “that guy” who mass enters every small contest.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@krighton said...

Top cheap GPP D?

If you need to go super cheap, I don’t hate Bortuzzo at $2,800. He’s certainly not the “top cheap GPP D” but he’s probably the only one at $2,800 or lower that could get a point (a real point, not a DK point) or more.

• keephustlincuz

@cchap2 said...

Thoughts on Cam Ward against Colorado tonight?

Not for me. I am heavy on the other side.

• Blahaaron

@Benn91 said...

Rask should not be trust.

Most of my lineups have vegas line 1. I think they are my favourite line this year. They can geta couple of goals tonight. I mixed and match their line with all the other top lines. If they bust tho then so do I but Boston gives up a lot of goals so i expext a big point night 😎.
    Hope i didn’t jinx myself.

• sizzlebeans

McDermmitt seems to be on the LAK PP2 for $3000

“MacDermid was among the players to grade well on the 4-2-0 road trip in limited usage. Though he was in the nine-to-13-minute range, his play on the trip aligned with his identity as a hard, competitive player capable of winning puck battles and equipped to play in his own zone. Overall, he logged one goal, five shots on net and an even rating over the four games he played.”

https://lakingsinsider.com/2017/11/02/november-2-notes-lineups-cup-odds-pearsons-success-derived-forecheck/

NOTE: this is about how Tim Heed started out before breaking out a few games ago.

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

I have never entered the wrist shot before but if I did it would be max entries (17 entries). I kind of want to enter it but at the same time I don’t want “that guy” who mass enters every small contest.

There are a lot of MME guys already in it, FWIW.

• cchap2

@sizzlebeans said...

McDermmitt seems to be on the LAK PP2 for $3000

“MacDermid was among the players to grade well on the 4-2-0 road trip in limited usage. Though he was in the nine-to-13-minute range, his play on the trip aligned with his identity as a hard, competitive player capable of winning puck battles and equipped to play in his own zone. Overall, he logged one goal, five shots on net and an even rating over the four games he played.”

https://lakingsinsider.com/2017/11/02/november-2-notes-lineups-cup-odds-pearsons-success-derived-forecheck/

NOTE: this is about how Tim Heed started out before breaking out a few games ago.

I was at the Blues-Kings game Monday night and he stands out; he’s a big guy that covers a-lot of space with ease.

• dyavid

kasperi kapenen slotting on Kadris line for 2.7k is good value.

• Blahaaron

@Felixxberg said...

You (and Blahaaron) should try $4 contests on some nights! The thing with the quarter jukebox is that if you win it, you’ll bite your fingers for not entering the $4 contest. I know there is a big difference between a $2 investment and a $32 investment in proportion since it’s 16 times more (considering that Blahaaron said he entered 8 lineups), but in dollars it’s a $30 dollars difference, which isn’t that much.

At least, you could try my “strategy”. I almost never enter any contest higher than $6 in the main slate, but I enter between 1 and 3 $27 lineups (depending on how much I’m allowed to put) in Turbo and/or Late contests. Less risk and less investment than the main slate, but the rewards are still nice. For example, in tonight’s Late slate, there is a 3 entry max $3 contest with 198 entrants where the winner wins $50. It will cost you $9 instead of $2, but you have 1.52% chances of winning it compared to the quarter jukebox where your odds of winning are at 0.11% for the same top prize. It will cost you 4.5x more but your odds of winning the same amount are 13.8x better.

When I’m in a financially better position I think I will branch out into the $40K. The few times I tried it I just barely missed out on the green. It’s those damn goalies that screw me. All my games tonight have Smith. I hope he’s the right one 😑

• InspeKtor

Is anyone still on Pacioretti at a price still under 6k on DK? He’s been scorching lately and his floor is high with the shot volume he’s been putting up…

• PhoFever

The thing I am loving most about tonight’s slate (if I had to pick one thing) is that I can fit in the Big 3 B’s (Marchand/Bergeron/Pastrnak) and still feel excited about what I can buy with my remaining $. That doesn’t happen often.

• MakinItkane9

@dyavid said...

kasperi kapenen slotting on Kadris line for 2.7k is good value.

Literally a fantastic future player. Could see him makin it happen

• mathewsmarner

i’m going to say it again for my cause, if fla can put up 5 goals in a losing effort, imagine the amount of goals they can put up in a winning effort!

• keephustlincuz

@mathewsmarner said...

i’m going to say it again for my cause, if fla can put up 5 goals in a losing effort, imagine the amount of goals they can put up in a winning effort!

Is this the sneaky game stack of the night?

• mathewsmarner

Is this the sneaky game stack of the night?

me thinks it is. along with mon/tb and kronwall with his career ending knee who is priced down and who is on pp1 and who will be contributing points on your dfs roster and who will have the nhl front office on it’s side as a poster boy for a fighter. and who will win you a gpp.

• Benn91

@Blahaaron said...

Most of my lineups have vegas line 1. I think they are my favourite line this year. They can geta couple of goals tonight. I mixed and match their line with all the other top lines. If they bust tho then so do I but Boston gives up a lot of goals so i expext a big point night 😎.
    Hope i didn’t jinx myself.

If you are going to stack a VGK line you should go VGK2 because they will have a better match up by far and VGK1 will face all night Bergeron.

• Blahaaron

@Benn91 said...

If you are going to stack a VGK line you should go VGK2 because they will have a better match up by far and VGK1 will face all night Bergeron.

I mislabeled the line. I meant line 2. Marchessault. Karlsson. Smith.
    My bad!

• Benn91

@Blahaaron said...

I mislabeled the line. I meant line 2. Marchessault. Karlsson. Smith.
    My bad!

I also believe they can put a few on the board, I just dont like Rask at all.

• habscards

I am going with a ‘who is due’ approach. And yes I am in the wristshot as well. With bigger slates I look at players who are due to score as opposed to stacking lines.

I will buck the trend and pick Crosby. No goals in his last six games with only two assists in there. Guentzel got bumped off that line for Hornqvist so I did pick Hornqvist.

Duchene has only two assists in his last five games.

Little has only one assist in his last six games.

Ovechkin has one goal in his last seven games.

I am expecting those players to have breakout games sooner than later. Hopefully tonight. Good luck all.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Good luck. Playing the “who’s due” game is a fun one. It usually pays off in at least one way.

• MakinItkane9

@habscards said...

games

Also like ov/little. Not so much the others… but hope you get it right my dude. Gl tonight

• keephustlincuz

Battle of the DK value plays. Who ya got????

DiDomenico
    Heinen
    Kunin

GO!!!!!

• MakinItkane9

@keephustlincuz said...

DiDomenico
    Heinen
    Kunin

GO!!!!!

Kapanen … if not dido

• Scumpunch

@keephustlincuz said...

DiDomenico
    Heinen
    Kunin

GO!!!!!

Perlini

• TJF74

John Carlson is due to score. 42 SOG without a goal. Playing 25-29 minutes a game. Erik Johnson is another cheaper D playing huge minutes without a goal.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).