7:05 PM :  Calgary ( -130 ) at  Columbus ( 110 ) —- T: 6u-10
    7:05 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 100 ) at  Buffalo ( -120 ) —- T: 5½u-10
    7:05 PM :  Montreal ( -105 ) at  Dallas ( -115 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    8:05 PM :  St. Louis ( -115 ) at  Minnesota ( -105 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    9:05 PM :  Minnesota ( 105 ) at 43771.87847 ( -125 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    10:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 125 ) at  San Jose ( -142 ) —- T: 6½u-07
    10:05 PM :  Winnipeg ( 190 ) at  Vegas ( -230 ) —- T: 6½o-20
    10:35 PM :  Chicago ( 100 ) at  Los Angeles ( -120 ) —- T: 6½u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• keephustlincuz

@Felixxberg said...

Rule #1 of NHL DFS: always stack against Bernier.

Rule #2: always play BOS1 (especially at home).

Rule #3: always play FLA1 and DAL1 at home.

Unfortunately you can’t follow all rules with a single lineup.

We sort of can.

• Southie777

Wow, finding a lot I like and am able to jam in together. These are the nights that I usually start falling in love with my lineups and talking myself into playing over my head and entering tournaments that I have no business entering. And then they don’t come through. MUST. RESIST.

• nosideFX

Which defensive pairing do you like best,
    Boychuk and D. Toews or
    Klingberg and Heiskanen

• Krausehouse

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Any merit to playing a 2 team stack on a 12 game slate? Someone tell me if I’m crazy or not. 3/3/1/1/1

• nosideFX

@Krausehouse said...

Any merit to playing a 2 team stack on a 12 game slate? Someone tell me if I’m crazy or not. 3/3/1/1/1

I don’t think it’s crazy for a tournament at all, but it’s high risk for the slate so many places look good. But expect to see a ton of Bos 1 lines.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Krausehouse said...

Not sure what you mean by a 2 team stack. You mean the basic full line-full line strategy?

In a large GPP, you need the top two lines of the day to win. Going with full lines is the best way to achieve that. You can differentiate by leaving one guy out or not correlating Ds and/or G.

In a small GPP, you don’t need to be perfect. Going with duos or one-offs makes a lot of sense.

If you mean going with two lines from the same team, I wouldn’t recommend that at all in a 12 game slate. You basically need your team to win with 6+ goals with none of those goals scored by a D, L3 or L4. The odds of the best two lines of the night being in the same team out of 24 teams playing are incredibly small. Not saying it’s impossible, but it’s not likely.

• Southie777

I will just say this, don’t sleep on BOS2 and BOS3. Full disclosure, I’m a Bruins fan, as I’ve mentioned several times on here. But the secondary scoring is starting to come and several of those guys seem on the verge of breaking out. Cehlarik filling in for Ritchie at the stone-cold minimum is a great salary saver!

• Krausehouse

Felix- Yeah I’m referring to a basic full line strategy. In a smaller field gpp. I’ve changed my line a few times, and it looks safer with duos and such. But I feel like at that point I’m just making too safe of a line hoping for a min cash. When I should be trying to blow out the field for a top prize.

• DFresh121

RG Overall Ranking

Who manages the lineups page at RG? Shows Tavares on TOR2.

• gairz

New look to (most of) the lines and defense pairs:

Vesey-Eichel-Reinhart
    Skinner-Johansson-Olofsson
    Sobotka-Mittelstadt-Sheary
    Girgensons-Larsson-Okposo

McCabe-Ristolainen
    Dahlin-Montour
    Jokiharju-Miller

• zovyn

There’s a lot of conflicting information regarding lineups tonight across the slate between Rotogrinders, Rotowire, Daily Faceoff, and Fanduel… a lot more than usual.

• stellagirl

First time in NHL DFS history that the usual CGY1 and DAL1 lines fit together with room to spare.
    That is a lot of underperforming talent right there…

Ended up with some Toronto top 2 line mix-ups as well.

Plus….bos, fla, vgk – all the chalky crap, plus a bit of SJS2 and even a SJS3/BOS1.

GL all!

• OttawaCityMadman

ohoh, Chalk bomb in coming.

• mr_papageorgio

I’m on a very annoying streak of picking goalies who end up seeing no shots. Andersen with one save more than halfway through the first smh.

• stellagirl

Bad looking injury. Sabourin off on a stretcher, after a failed check on Backes that had him out cold and unable to protect his head on the crash down to the ice.

Backes was so shaken up he left the bench and went down the tunnel after they took Sabourin off.

Damn. Prayers to the kid and his family.

• Southie777

@stellagirl said...

Bad looking injury. Sabourin off on a stretcher, after a failed check on Backes that had him out cold and unable to protect his head on the crash down to the ice.

Backes was so shaken up he left the bench and went down the tunnel after they took Sabourin off.

Yep, at the game, scary moment. Gave a thumbs up from the stretcher, though, good sign. (Not that I could see the thumbs up from our seats, saw it on Twitter.)

• yisman

Still waiting on goalies from Colorado, LA, SJ, Vancouver

• Syzltuth

@Felixxberg said...

Rule #1 of NHL DFS: always stack against Bernier.

Rule #2: always play BOS1 (especially at home).

Rule #3: always play FLA1 and DAL1 at home.

Unfortunately you can’t follow all rules with a single lineup.

👍 made a lineup with all these for fun and so far it has goals from pasta, barkov & radulov

• yisman

@stellagirl said...

best wishes to Sabourin, hope to see him again this season

• gmen81

Hayton up to Arizona 1 and Keller down to Arizona 2

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 (11/3 – 7 PM)

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/79882998

• yisman

had to do DK so quickly I just used lineuphq 5 minutes before lock

I see now it stuck me with Schneider, who isn’t even starting (and it was known he wasn’t starting at the time)

geez…

He was same price at Blackwood. Let’s see if it matters.

• Krausehouse

Matthews/Johns/Nyl < Matthews/Foegel/Bergeron. Lesson learned haha

• mr_papageorgio

I think I’m done playing slates with Boston on them. BOS1 just ruins the fun and I know when I finally cave and play them they will get shutout.

• Wammer44

X

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).