• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM : Arizona ( 185 ) at Toronto ( -225 ) —- T: 185
    7:05 PM : Calgary ( 125 ) at Washington ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    7:05 PM : Columbus ( -157 ) at Buffalo ( 142 ) —- T: -157
    8:05 PM : Winnipeg ( 120 ) at Nashville ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    8:05 PM : New Jersey ( 149 ) at Minnesota ( -165 ) —- T: 149
    10:35 PM : Anaheim ( 0 ) at San Jose ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@Brandon684 said...

Yeah Nashville apparently loves picking up dumb minor penalties. A WPG PP stack is definitely contrarian.

Yep I think I’m going to get in as much of them as possible. I’ll throw Helle in one too.

• scsa1998

See a 6 game NHL slate so I get excited to play. Go over to DK to enter tourneys and see the low stakes is only 10k. and the mid stake is what the $4 contest used to be at 35k. Does DK really care about NHL?

• Brandon684

@hautalak said...

Yep I think I’m going to get in as much of them as possible. I’ll throw Helle in one too.

Also WPG has an 86% PK on the road

• hsfgsteele

Homer glasses are on for this one. Don’t have a lot of confidence in CBJ right now but since cam got his contract hes been playing with a fire lit under him. Dubi has been playing well and is to cheap along with PLD getting the opportunity to center Panarin. I’m having trouble identifying spots I like anyways on this slate so may as well ride and die with the jackets.

• Poochy16

In the same boat as a lot of folks here — think I’m going TOR PP1 with Reilly added in. Bringing it back with NSH1 and Anderson in net.

• Quickparty

@hsfgsteele said...

Homer glasses are on for this one. Don’t have a lot of confidence in CBJ right now but since cam got his contract hes been playing with a fire lit under him. Dubi has been playing well and is to cheap along with PLD getting the opportunity to center Panarin. I’m having trouble identifying spots I like anyways on this slate so may as well ride and die with the jackets.

It’s Torts, I wouldn’t expect PLD to last too long on that line. CBJ has hit that point where I’ll either Josh-stack them or ignore them completely with all the in-game line blender BS.

• PhoFever

@hsfgsteele said...

Nice to see a Jackets fan out there in the DFS universe. I actually live in Ohio. Not from here originally, but enjoy watching CBJ do well. I have Dubi and Jenner plugged in several spots tonight; I remember how well that line played last year together and am waiting for them to reignite the magic. I like Savard as a D punt tonight, too, along with Niskanen and Gardiner.

• sizzlebeans

Looks like the Banker is back in the line-up tonight and skating with the Joes…for at least the first period until DeBoer moves him to the fourth line, then backup to the 3rd line in period three.

https://twitter.com/CurtisPashelka/status/932677583061127168

O’Regan is a spicy little one-off play if you’re looking for cap relief. Dude was an animal for the Barracuda this year.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@sizzlebeans said...

Looks like the Banker is back in the line-up tonight and skating with the Joes…for at least the first period until DeBoer moves him to the fourth line, then backup to the 3rd line in period three.

https://twitter.com/CurtisPashelka/status/932677583061127168

O’Regan is a spicy little one-off play if you’re looking for cap relief. Dude was an animal for the Barracuda this year.

Thankfully it looks like LWL has deciphered those jersey numbers for us.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

The $33 contest is already almost full on DK so they opened a new one with 282 players and 8 entries max. That’s exactly what I was waiting for! Didn’t want to get crushed by people entering 31 lineups in the contest that is almost full or 150 lineups in the $8 contest, and didn’t want to enter the $3 one where the top prize is only $500 and you have to beat almost 4,000 people to win it.

• small1dawg

@Felixxberg said...

The $33 contest is already almost full on DK so they opened a new one with 282 players and 8 entries max. That’s exactly what I was waiting for! Didn’t want to get crushed by people entering 31 lineups in the contest that is almost full or 150 lineups in the $8 contest, and didn’t want to enter the $3 one where the top prize is only $500 and you have to beat almost 4,000 people to win it.

Ideally they would properly size these tournaments to not fill 4 hours early

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

@Felixxberg said...

So I like that structure for sure, but I rarely find myself entering such tournaments simply because I’d be so frustrated if I came in first with a score that would have won the larger one.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

@small1dawg said...

Ideally they would properly size these tournaments to not fill 4 hours early

This. They clearly realized their $33 was undersized by 25%.

• Canuckage

Wow thanks for the heads up for $33, didn’t think it would fill up so fast. One of the better prizes tonight.

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

So I like that structure for sure, but I rarely find myself entering such tournaments simply because I’d be so frustrated if I came in first with a score that would have won the larger one.

I just don’t like to enter contests without max entering but I was not ready to risk $1,023 either so I prefer this smaller contest. With 8 lineups, I can cover a little more than 4 lines. Someone who enters 31 lineups can cover a little more than 8 lines. I would have had a big disadvantage if I had entered only 8. If I win the smaller contest, I won’t look at the bigger contest’s results.

I also don’t disagree with what small1dawg says. If it fills at 6:00pm, it’s not a big deal, but right now it’s only 3:30pm (in my time zone). It doesn’t make sense.

• Canuckage

@Felixxberg said...

I just don’t like to enter contests without max entering but I was not ready to risk $1,023 either so I prefer this smaller contest. With 8 lineups, I can cover a little more than 4 lines. Someone who enters 31 lineups can cover a little more than 8 lines. I would have had a big disadvantage if I had entered only 8. If I win the smaller contest, I won’t look at the bigger contest’s results.

I also don’t disagree with what small1dawg says. If it fills at 6:00pm, it’s not a big deal, but right now it’s only 3:30pm (in my time zone). It doesn’t make sense.

Just enter the most +EV line up you believe. I don’t think mass entering or not really matters.

• mathewsmarner

so far i’m liking tor 1, wsh pp1 and wpg lines 1 and 2….reasons

1. give it to matthews
    2. wsh pp was dominant back in the day so why wouldn’t they stick with it
    3. wpg line 1 has regressed somewhat but not so much as to write them off so line 2 has graduated to consideration.

still need to look at nsh/nj/min/anh/sj

• Quickparty

@Canuckage said...

Just enter the most +EV line up you believe. I don’t think mass entering or not really matters.

Their $200 NBA 3-max could be scaled down to $50 for NHL to make the best contest going (I threw it on twitter), but alas. NHL contests are incredibly frustrating on all sites.

• Felixxberg

@Canuckage said...

The thing with mass entering is that I’ll throw a lot of “dud” lineups with 3rd lines that could perform despite being virtually untaken (for example, the night when Kempe – Cammalleri had 4 points each, or last week when Jankowski – Bennett had a big night). I would never enter these if I entered only 8 lineups.

• Felixxberg

@Felixxberg said...

The thing with mass entering is that I’ll throw a lot of “dud” lineups with 3rd lines that could perform despite being virtually untaken (for example, the night when Kempe – Cammalleri had 4 points each, or last week when Jankowski – Bennett had a big night). I would never enter these if I entered only 8 lineups.

But I’m also not always max entering. For example, yesterday, I entered 43 lineups on a possibility of 88 because I felt I had covered everything I wanted to cover. On 12 game slates, I wish the $3 150 entries contests still existed.

• Canuckage

@Felixxberg said...

I never really mess with 3rd lines on 6+ games slates as I think it is -EV investment unless the 3rd line is somewhat legitimate meaning they play some second pp and have like 10+ mins. Yes, they can hit from time to time but over a large sample size, I think it’ll be a negative expected value investment.

The Kempe-Cammalleri day was pretty absurd as they probably played like 10-12 mins. Even if you had that stack, you gotta get lucky with other stack also. If your other stack got 0 pts then your Kempe-Cammalleri will just be cancelled out easily.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Playing 3 lineups tonight, so WPG L1 & L2 for sure and a Helle share. Gonna hit the chalk with NSH L1 for a hedge. Buying into this game.

• StPaulMick

Off topic question: can anyone remind me how you can get a list of all players across all of your lineups that have already been entered (in DK). Someone told me how to do it once. I like to be able to check out if I need to swap heathy scratches or line demotions, especially if I make my lineups in the early afternoon. I hate doing it “by hand” and I thought there was a way to generate that list within DK. Thank you in advance.

• Canuckage

@Quickparty said...

Their $200 NBA 3-max could be scaled down to $50 for NHL to make the best contest going (I threw it on twitter), but alas. NHL contests are incredibly frustrating on all sites.

Agreed. Also DK’s “main pool” of $8 – Two Man Advantage needs to be reduced to $4-5 entry fee to attract more casual players and also NHL DFS fans with lower bankroll.

FD continues to have the best $3-$4 pools but has a very conservative prize pool ($30k tonight). Don’t remember it ever having overlays but they always have such low prize pools over there, very sad.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

@Canuckage said...

Agreed. Also DK’s “main pool” of $8 – Two Man Advantage needs to be reduced to $4-5 entry fee to attract more casual players and also NHL DFS fans with lower bankroll.

FD continues to have the best $3-$4 pools but has a very conservative prize pool ($30k tonight).

The $8 would be fine if they just mixed in the $4. Every other day, or every third day, just something for those who don’t to spend a ton and not face 150 entries by so many others.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).