7:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 0 ) at  Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 180 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -220 ) —- T: 180
    7:35 PM :  Chicago ( 145 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -165 ) —- T: 145
    8:05 PM :  Montreal ( 0 ) at  Nashville ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  San Jose ( -140 ) at  Arizona ( 120 ) —- T: -140
    9:05 PM :  Dallas ( 0 ) at  Colorado ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    10:35 PM :  Winnipeg ( 115 ) at  Los Angeles ( -135 ) —- T: 115
    10:35 PM :  Vegas ( 140 ) at  Anaheim ( -155 ) —- T: 140

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Blahaaron

@Ryanoss said...

This is an interesting take. Do you have any evidence to show this?
    I guess put another way is there somewhere that shows cash line being higher on larger slates than on smaller slates?

On night with 8 to 10 games we usually get 70 goals give or take. Go to the NHL app and count the goals on the busy nights. You’ll see.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Ryanoss said...

I guess put another way is there somewhere that shows cash line being higher on larger slates than on smaller slates?

Well, this doesn’t address your question, but there’s certainly a greater likelihood that the top-end scores will be higher, given that there are so many more possibilities for stacks to go off.

Last night’s top-end scores were atypically high for a three game slate. Things were decently low until the third periods of the final two games.

• Blahaaron

Looking at a few of these matchups I see 8 games that are capable of 5 goals or more. And a few that will be blow outs.

• Blahaaron

@Ryanoss said...

Well, last night the cash line was over 43 pts and that was due to one line going off on a 3 game slate. Tonight there is potential for many lines going off and getting 30, even 40 pts. On the night I got 70 pts and multiple 60 pts the cash line was 48 and that had about 10 games on the slate. Hey I could be wrong but I dont think I am. Conditions are favourable for multiple pucknados.

Does anyone want to hazard their own estimation where the cash line will be And how what the highest points will be?

I say cash line at 52 and highest points will be 75.

• sizzlebeans

@Blahaaron said...

Well, last night the cash line was over 43 pts and that was due to one line going off on a 3 game slate. Tonight there is potential for many lines going off and getting 30, even 40 pts. On the night I got 70 pts and multiple 60 pts the cash line was 48 and that had about 10 games on the slate. Hey I could be wrong but I dont think I am. Conditions are favourable for multiple pucknados.

Does anyone want to hazard their own estimation where the cash line will be And how what the highest points will be?

I say cash line at 52 and highest points will be 75.

It’ll depend on what contests you enter. If you’re in a 3 max, the cash line could be in the mid 40’s, maybe even a slow as 41 or 42.

• Blahaaron

@sizzlebeans said...

It’ll depend on what contests you enter. If you’re in a 3 max, the cash line could be in the mid 40’s, maybe even a slow as 41 or 42.

For sure. Like the ones between 3 dollars and a quarter where everyone mass enters the max it Will be higher in those than the ones that cost more

• Blahaaron

Good luck to everyone tonight. I am excited to see which stacks go off. I have a pouchoscopy to get to and I can only handle one anal probing per day 😅 so i only entered a couple games for tonight. Hope everyone gets a profit 💸

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

My highest score ever in NHL on DK, in 18,138 total lineups, is 88.5 (I verified in the Excel sheet). The strange thing is that it was on a 2 game slate (late contest). It probably was a perfect lineup.

I tend to think that larger slates have a lot less variance in terms of score, meaning that on 8+ game slates, the winner will have something around 70 and the cash line will be at around 45 (I’m completely guessing). On 3- game slates, someone could win with 25, but someone could also not be in the money with 60. As a matter of fact, on the night where I had 88.5, I have an entry that didn’t cash with 60.9 DK points!

Let’s say 2 lines perform amazingly (ie. STL1 yesterday) one night. On shorter slates, someone will have them mixed together. On larger slates, the odds are diminished. For example, the night last week when Teravainen had his hat trick, he was taken by approx. 15%. On a slate like tonight, he will be taken by approx. 2%. The odds that someone takes his line AND another well performing line are smaller than on short slates.

I’m not basing myself on any facts (except for my highest score), but a lot of times I have seen a late/turbo contest score that would have won the main contest but the person didn’t enter that lineup in the main contest. Myself on that night is a good example.

• dyavid

@StPaulMick said...

My two cents are that Ekblad career numbers have been in a consistent decline since his rookie season. Not a freefall, but consistently down. And I am taking that with a grain of salt since these numbers are not always relevant in daily fantasy due to streaking, match-ups and TOI.

I disagree on Ekblad. He may not be putting up a ton of points but he did have 9 shots on net last game and 5 dk pts without an actual point. Any D in the low 4ks that is shooting that much is worth considering. Last time he put up 9 shots in a game was last year and he followed that up with 7 and 8 shots the next two games.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@hsfgsteele said...

The story was that he slept with Conroy’s wife so Iggy and Regehr fought him in a hallway. Iggy went and demanded that Dion be traded or he was going to demand a trade.

Yeah that’s kind of what I thought although for some reason I was thinking it was Gio’s wife.

And no problem St.Paul, but too bad the games went the way they did for the blog’s sake haha I’m staying away from NHL for the most part tonight though.

• Felixxberg

Oh god Niemi likely starting. Poor Habs.

• Benn91

@Felixxberg said...

Oh god Niemi likely starting. Poor Habs

God Bless America

• StPaulMick

@Benn91 said...

God Bless America

Quarter Jukebox = Niemi and Vancouver stack.

• StPaulMick

@hautalak said...

I’m staying away from NHL for the most part tonight though.

But you’re gonna stack DET versus the hapless Oilers, right?

• Benn91

@StPaulMick said...

• Canuckage

@StPaulMick said...

• Quickparty

@Felixxberg said...

I sympathize with Quickparty/Adam Daly-Frey today!

Line Matching is done, MTL3 did well last night (even after getting split up!) so hopefully we are on the same guys tonight?

• Felixxberg

@Quickparty said...

Line Matching is done, MTL3 did well last night (even after getting split up!) so hopefully we are on the same guys tonight?

Thanks a lot again! Yep I was watching the game and Hudon was remarkable!

For tonight, your first choice is always on my sneaky list but they’re not at home, so the other team might match (?). I like your 3rd and 4th choices a lot (won’t get screwed again by not picking the 4th).

Your 2nd choice(s) are also sneaky on such a large slate. I would/will use your 5th to mix with expensive lines such as TB1.

There are so many lines that I like! That’s the kind of night where I would enter 150 lineups if I had the bankroll to.

• small1dawg

@Quickparty said...

You have a couple teams listed at home that are road teams

• Quickparty

Which ones? Vegas is fixed now, but I guess that’s what I get for setting up the page at 2am.
    EDIT: Nevermind, BOS/NJ the other. Note provided.

• small1dawg

@Quickparty said...

Which ones? Vegas is fixed now, but I guess that’s what I guess for setting up the page at 2am.
    EDIT: Nevermind, BOS/NJ the other. Note provided.

Anyways thx for the article I’m sure it was grueling today

• Schmo4

Are we sure that Subban is still #good?

• Canuckage

Anyone know the PP Quarterback for BOS1? Some sites have Grzelyck and some have McAvoy

• Felixxberg

@Canuckage said...

Anyone know the PP Quarterback for BOS1? Some sites have Grzelyck and some have McAvoy

https://twitter.com/MattKalman/status/933000162821197824

• kirby34

Is a full line stack still viable on a big slate like this? Or do you want to get exposure to as many games as possible?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).