• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Carolina ( 125 ) at  Philadelphia ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    7:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 170 ) at  Washington ( -200 ) —- T: 170
    7:05 PM :  Nashville ( 110 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    7:05 PM :  St. Louis ( -160 ) at  Buffalo ( 140 ) —- T: -160
    7:35 PM :  Boston ( -130 ) at  Toronto ( 110 ) —- T: -130
    7:35 PM :  Los Angeles ( -115 ) at  Florida ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    8:05 PM :  Colorado ( 120 ) at  Winnipeg ( -140 ) —- T: 120

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• jcpram

Reimer vs Rask?

• chrisp200

Do we like Michael Hutchinson for GPP?

• maxeernst

@chrisp200 said...

Do we like Michael Hutchinson for GPP?

We like any / all goalies for GPP… at the right levels of exposure based on projected performance and ownership….

• deejones49

Top stack today

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@maxeernst said...

We like any / all goalies for GPP

Spoiler alert: There will be an exception to my line in Wednesday’s GPP article.

• zork212

@jcpram said...

Reimer vs Rask?

i’be been on the Reimer train. so Reimer for me tonight. even with loss against Boston on the weekend he did return 5 or 6pts I think. Gpp not cash.

• joemac63z

Finally decided to stack Washington tonight with Ovechkin.
    WTF 0-0 vs. Edmonton!!
    Cmon Washington score a F^%$%$%$ goal at least so I can get a win with Holtby!!

• deejones49

@joemac63z said...

Finally decided to stack Washington tonight with Ovechkin.
    WTF 0-0 vs. Edmonton!!
    Cmon Washington score a F^%$%$%$ goal at least so I can get a win with Holtby!!

Low scoring night so far

• joemac63z

If Edmonton wins 1-0 I’m gonna be sick. Washington is a 2-1 favorite tonight.

• drewbee30

So I had Lupel and Bergeron in, cash game, but decide to swap out to Kadri and Ericsson. Short handed assist and goal lost. If this isn’t a sign I’m not meant for DFS, I don’t know what is, At least some boneheaded “expert” didn’t sway me to that decision.

• deejones49

Ovechckin 4 shots now he only needs 2 goals to pay off his massive 10k tag

• deejones49

Calling for a Buffalo goal

• drewbee30

I feel like I’m so close to breaking through on a consistent basis. Usually one or two players off. Did any of you seasoned NHL DFS’ers experience a similar growth?

• deejones49

@drewbee30 said...

I feel like I’m so close to breaking through on a consistent basis. Usually one or two players off. Did any of you seasoned NHL DFS’ers experience a similar growth?

It just takes time i lost the first 7 weeks i played

• Danomite6

@deejones49 said...

You guys are talking GPP right? If you are, tonight is one of those nights where a lot of top players have done nothing and going contrary would pay off. For example, anybody take Hayes on NYR? If you did, you are probably doing well. I’m sure some people took Giroux and they are probably happy about that as well. As for me, I only play cash but can’t say I got a great return on investment for Ovie, Backstrom or Tarasenko (the really highly owned players that I think most people thought would at least do something and potentially explode).

• drewbee30

no cash. I’m always a player or two off from cashing across the board. I’ve noticed my scores creeping up in HTH’s since I started playing this year. Gave up last season cause I just got too annoyed with the process of it. I’m a big hockey fan and season ticket holder for the Devils, so I do know the game. It’s become more of a challenge for me now than the $. I’m also beginning to figure out how to play the GPP games,

• Olhausen

I decided to do some 4-3-1 stacks tonight instead of a full 6 man stack. I noticed the leaders usually have this and after some early success the six man stacks were not working as much for me. I decided to go back to the dollar and quarter games while I experiment with this. Tonight I did good on Dk and fan duel to the tune of 60$. Not much but I think I’ll keep trying this method for a while and see if works better. With MLB I never do less then a five man stack but I think this my not be the way to go with the NHL. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Olhausen said...

I decided to do some 4-3-1 stacks tonight instead of a full 6 man stack. I noticed the leaders usually have this and after some early success the six man stacks were not working as much for me. I decided to go back to the dollar and quarter games while I experiment with this. Tonight I did good on Dk and fan duel to the tune of 60$. Not much but I think I’ll keep trying this method for a while and see if works better. With MLB I never do less then a five man stack but I think this my not be the way to go with the NHL. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

On a slate over 3-4 games I’d never consider a 6 man stack, ever. Heck, I’d rarely do a 6 man stack period.

• Dewoc19

I tried the. 25 GPP tonight to just try and run out a ton of lineups and that got me .50 return on 2.75 investment, this is obviously not the way to go for me, then again it seem like a pretty crap night, wasn’t very much scoring from what I briefly saw

What makes it even worse is went 3/3 on winning goalies, in using Holtby and his shutout, but the rest of my picks, YIKES!!! didn’t see WSH and EDM only being 1-0, that really burned me

• small1dawg

@Danomite6 said...

You guys are talking GPP right? If you are, tonight is one of those nights where a lot of top players have done nothing and going contrary would pay off. For example, anybody take Hayes on NYR? If you did, you are probably doing well. I’m sure some people took Giroux and they are probably happy about that as well. As for me, I only play cash but can’t say I got a great return on investment for Ovie, Backstrom or Tarasenko (the really highly owned players that I think most people thought would at least do something and potentially explode).

ya definitley was the way to go tonight i did very well w/ a flyers and jets stack w/ lundvist

• drewbee30

@deejones49 said...

Well I spoke too soon. Laid an egg with my lineup. I’ll take this as words of encouragement, ha. Was gonna take the flyers in a stack, but they just never score. I guess in hindsight, with Lack starting, it wasn’t such a bad play. Just a quick question, is Backstrom ever worth playing in cash, the dude never shoots the puck? 9 goals, 7 assists in the year, but 29 shots.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).