7:05 PM :  Columbus ( 132 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -146 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    7:05 PM :  Chicago ( 122 ) at  Florida ( -135 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    7:05 PM :  Winnipeg ( -123 ) at  St. Louis ( 111 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    7:05 PM :  Boston ( -115 ) at  Montreal ( -105 ) —- T: 5½u-10
    7:05 PM :  Philadelphia ( 146 ) at  Toronto ( -162 ) —- T: 6½u-10
    9:05 PM :  Dallas ( 131 ) at  Colorado ( -145 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    10:05 PM :  San Jose ( -114 ) at  Vegas ( 103 ) —- T: 5½o-25
    10:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 155 ) at  Los Angeles ( -175 ) —- T: 5½o-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• hautalak

Hoping for a repeat of yesterday’s showdown. Do we expect the Rags to come back fighting? I’m not sure but I’ll have 1 lineup that’s heavy them.

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

The whole world waits for BLAH-Aaron’s 3rd and 4th line analysis.

• NIN1002

I thought Carolina wanted to win. Then I see they are projecting the corpse of Scott Darling to start and now I know they just want to give this one away.

• stellagirl

Another night pretty spread ownership, methinks.

Obviously the Avs and Leafs will garner a lot of attention but I can see plenty of action on the pens, kings, and Panthers, too.

Touts are all over the Kings… I dont think it will be as sneaky as everyone thinks it will be.

Need to do a little digging to see if Buff or CBJ might be a good pivot.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

I remember reading last night about the discussion over the lower lines.
    Wanted to give my two cents on why I think SJ LN3 is one of the better lower lines tonight, well, any night right now.
    Salary, they are way too cheap. Thorton (PP2), Sorensen (PK), and Labanc (PP1) all see special teams. Their chemistry is through the roof atm, and their match up game is right. Subban is the goalie equivalent of me, so generally speaking we should be looking at 5 goals It’s Fluery, still at least three goals. My concern is they have been doing so well it may not be the most buy-low scenario anymore, but since they are SJ and play so late not everyone may have been watching to see how sick they have been as of late.
    I’m not saying hey look at these advanced stats or something, just noticed how well they have been doing, their matchup and their salaries if anything dropping.

• keephustlincuz

@nin1002 said...

I thought Carolina wanted to win. Then I see they are projecting the corpse of Scott Darling to start and now I know they just want to give this one away.

Love that game stack.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@stellagirl said...

Touts are all over the Kings

Kovi prob my fav play of the night.
    Sounds like a solid fade for everyone else.

• keephustlincuz

@sirrobert6 said...

I remember reading last night about the discussion over the lower lines.
    Wanted to give my two cents on why I think SJ LN3 is one of the better lower lines tonight, well, any night right now.
    Salary, they are way too cheap. Thorton (PP2), Sorensen (PK), and Labanc (PP1) all see special teams. Their chemistry is through the roof atm, and their match up game is right. Subban is the goalie equivalent of me, so generally speaking we should be looking at 5 goals. My concern is they have been doing so well it may not be the most buy-low scenario anymore, but since they are SJ and play so late not everyone may have been watching to see how sick they have been as of late.
    I’m not saying hey look at these advanced stats or something, just noticed how well they have been doing, their matchup and their salaries if anything dropping.

MAF confirmed. It does give me some pause on SJ.

• mathewsmarner

My line 3 take, if a player on line 2 leads the team on ice time (ex.couture) take the line 3 from that team (more so if they’re on the road) (ex.San Jose tonight)

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@keephustlincuz said...

MAF confirmed. It does give me some pause on SJ.

yeah literally as I’m wiping my hands over another excellent post it pops up on my feed.
    Thanks, DFS gods. It’s already been one of those days.
    note: relevance of smelling of my own balls.

• Syzltuth

Of course I had vessey last slate, do I today? Nope

• mathewsmarner

kotkaniemi a good third line option (pp1)

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@sirrobert6 said...

Kovi prob my fav play of the night.
    Sounds like a solid fade for everyone else.

He has been downgraded to 3rd line so I wouldn’t put too much on him!

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@Felixxberg said...

He has been downgraded to 3rd line so I wouldn’t put too much on him!

that’s got me liking him even more! The moment I saw him I thought “good, now he doesn’t have to defend with their top lines anymore”.
    Don’t get me wrong, obviously what you are saying is the right decision.
    However, I love his matchup slot tonight. I think a lot of people will be drawn to Iafallo, especially in cash, so I’m looking to pivot where I can. He’s still super expensive on FD, however.

• stellagirl

I am a HUGE Sharks homer (hell, I had 2 lineups last night with SJS line 3) but I am staying away tonight.

I think SJS3 is really reaching tonight..

Vegas has allowed the FEWEST GOALS AT HOME of any team in the NHL this season – 19 total goals.That is a 1.88 GA/60 at home. They have also allowed only 3 total PP goals at home, tied for tops in the NHL. Not to mention MAF in net.

The Thornton-on-line-3 thing hasn’t been tried outside of the Tank yet, either. That could be good or bad if you’re willing to take a flier, but losing the line change advantage and the likelyhood a middling/slow game forces some lines to change…..

It’s a pass for me.

• yisman

Roussell fined for biting Vlasic. I guess he thought it was a pickle.

Edler close to a return. He should return either tonight or the next game.

• stellagirl

@yisman said...

Roussell fined for biting Vlasic. I guess he thought it was a pickle.

Thanks! The replays never showed what had happened.

I wondered why the usually cool as a
    cucumber Vlasic was so upset.

• keephustlincuz

@stellagirl said...

Thanks! The replays never showed what had happened.

I wondered why the usually cool as a
    cucumber Vlasic was so upset.

No suspension. I guess the nhl doesn’t think it’s a big dill.

• stellagirl

@keephustlincuz said...

No suspension. I guess the nhl doesn’t think it’s a big dill.

I don’t think it’s kosher to bite someone in a hockey game……

• yisman

^ hehe

Hornqvist out tonight

• stellagirl

Decent punt option: Boston D-man John Moore back in the lineup, skating on PP2 at min $2.5k on DK.

• yisman

Simon back on Crosby’s line now, most likely.

Hornqvist has a concussion so he’s going to be out at least a week, I’d say.

• keephustlincuz

Goalie is disgusting tonight.

• keephustlincuz

@yisman said...

Simon back on Crosby’s line now, most likely.

Is it strange that pit is a -140 fav and the total is 6.5 in that game?

• cheezpizza

Is jt compher out tonight?
    Dailyfaceoff lists him as injured but he played last night and isn’t listed as injured on DK.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).