7:05 PM :  New Jersey ( 155 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    7:05 PM :  Florida ( 155 ) at  Washington ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    7:05 PM :  Columbus ( 0 ) at  St. Louis ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 115 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -135 ) —- T: 115
    8:05 PM :  Chicago ( -115 ) at  Dallas ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    8:05 PM :  Carolina ( 150 ) at  Nashville ( -170 ) —- T: 150
    10:05 PM :  Calgary ( 135 ) at  Los Angeles ( -155 ) —- T: 135
    10:35 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 110 ) at  San Jose ( -130 ) —- T: 110

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• umwoz

Anyone got the link to last night’s breakaway?

• justjeff

https://www.fanduel.com/games/16826/contests/16826-203225863/scoring

• TicketRaven

A DK’s Winning Lineup (70.5 pts.)
    From History Making 3-GM Slate that included Jackets over Habs 10-0 (no goalie change)

C / Scheifele 8
    C / Wennberg 9
    W / Atkinson 9.5
    W / Rakell 10.5
    W / Wheeler 4.5
    D / Beaulieu 0.5
    D / Werenski 7.5
    G / Bobrovsky 11
    Util / Ehlers 10

DK TOTAL: 70.5 pts.

Incredible night for NHL DFS – everyone’s comments indicate this was one to remember for good or bad. Fun!

• TheTruthIsALie

@TicketRaven said...

Jackets over Habs 10-0 (no goalie change)

LOL! Anybody happen to know what Montoya’s total was?

• umwoz

I had some Columbus but still would have been better off if Montoya got pulled after the first 5(or 6, or 7).

Rakell was easy money last night, hard not to pick him and as such he ended up at 40% in most tourneys.

I like the Habs to rebound tonight, but we’ll see.

• TicketRaven

Nice 7pm slate – going with players from:

Blackhawks
    Kings
    Jackets
    Isles
    Senators
    Bolts
    Leafs

• kdub

@TheTruthIsALie said...

LOL! Anybody happen to know what Montoya’s total was?

-4 or -5 on DK if I remember correctly…

• TicketRaven

I can’t believe Tarasenko has that high value day in and day out – not even close – should be $4800

Does anyone think Doughty has lost a few steps this year or has Martinez just gotten that much better?

Will Luongo get beat by that Ovechkin blast from the left faceoff circle area tonight and Great 8 gets value again w/ 2 goals and a few assists. This can’t happen every game – can it?

• bdvratoric

@TicketRaven said...

I can’t believe Tarasenko has that high value day in and day out – not even close – should be $4800

Does anyone think Doughty has lost a few steps this year or has Martinez just gotten that much better?

Will Luongo get beat by that Ovechkin blast from the left faceoff circle area tonight and Great 8 gets value again w/ 2 goals and a few assists. This can’t happen every game – can it?

Tarasenko has to have a big game soon enough, or I’ll keep losing money lol. Every time there’s a great match up for him he doesn’t do anything. Tonight is another one of those nights, everything looks perfect on paper for that line.

• TicketRaven

Freddy Leafs in Goal Tonight – like it

• JayWilly

• x3

2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@TicketRaven said...

Tarasenko is literally making a case for being the best offensive winger in the game so far this season.

• goldengoat29

All in on Tarasenko tonight.

• julieduke33

Montoya -16 on FD… Save percentage .750…30 saves 10 goals…

• TimmerRC

I can’t believe they left him in, that’s so damaging to a goalie’s psyche…

• spliffy

no craig anderson or carey price on lineup builder right now? New to this site, does it take some time for all the players to be added?

• dude_abides7

@TimmerRC said...

I can’t believe they left him in, that’s so damaging to a goalie’s psyche…

Don’t get me started on this again. I was flabbergasted. It was a sin.

If I was on that team I would have lost all respect for the coach. Montoya had played admirably when Price was out. He did not deserve to get thrown under the bus.

• sumodeez

if you are on you phone…switch it from probables only to all

edit…disregard, i see them there…

• cplatt87

@dude_abides7 said...

If I was on that team I would have lost all respect for the coach. Montoya had played admirably when Price was out. He did not deserve to get thrown under the bus.

What benefit is there to putting Price in though? They have another game tonight and burning both goalies in a lost cause of a game is just as pointless, especially when the goalie on your bench last night has a history of injuries and also just happens to be the best goalie on the planet. I don’t see the point of putting him in.

Sucks for Montoya, but sometimes you’re going to have nights like that if its a back to back set. I didn’t watch the game (I’m in Winnipeg so was watching Jets/Wings), but I can’t imagine the play in front of him was too stellar either to give up a 10 spot. This isn’t all on the goalie.

• zshoom

• 2016 Single Entry Series Finalist

@dude_abides7 said...

I think the intent was to embarrass the skaters. Montoya was just an unfortunate casualty of that.

The team imploded without Price last year. They put together a solid string of wins while Price was sick…but only because Montoya played at an elite level. He won’t/can’t do that every time he is called upon and if they lose Price, they will implode again.

Without elite goaltending, Montreal is a bottom 5 team in the league.

• zshoom

• 2016 Single Entry Series Finalist

@zshoom said...

I think the intent was to embarrass the skaters. Montoya was just an unfortunate casualty of that.

The team imploded without Price last year. They put together a solid string of wins while Price was sick…but only because Montoya played at an elite level. He won’t/can’t do that every time he is called upon and if they lose Price, they will implode again.

Without elite goaltending, Montreal is a bottom 5 team in the league.

To add to that…the Canucks dominated them last game as well. If it wasn’t for the combination of Price being really good at saving goals and Vancouver being really bad at scoring them…Montreal would’ve lost that game pretty badly too.

No team in the league relies on one player more than Montreal relies on Price.

• dude_abides7

@cplatt87 said...

What benefit is there to putting Price in though? They have another game tonight and burning both goalies in a lost cause of a game is just as pointless,

Bottom line is that you just don’t let that happen. I don’t care if Price had played 4 straight nights. You don’t throw your goalie under the bus like that. This isn’t debatable. Case and Point, the evidence is clear this rarely happens because coaching staffs don’t let it happen. This is by intent.

• TicketRaven

Hagelin LN 1 interesting
    Clutterbuck LN 1 hmmm….
    Meat: Del Zotto

• TicketRaven

Craig-A looks good in goal tonight

• TicketRaven

Twats at -150 and Tampons -170
    Lines look spot on

• TicketRaven

Dowd, Franson
    Puljuarvi, Malgin, Puempel
    nice sneaky meats?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).