11/5/2015 19:05 :  Tampa Bay ( -185 ) at  Buffalo ( 165 ) —- T: 5o-30
    11/5/2015 19:35 :  N.Y. Islanders ( 0 ) at  Montreal ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    11/5/2015 19:35 :  Winnipeg ( 110 ) at  Ottawa ( -130 ) —- T: 5½u-10
    11/5/2015 20:05 :  Nashville ( 115 ) at  Minnesota ( -135 ) —- T: 5½u-45
    11/5/2015 21:05 :  Colorado ( 100 ) at  Arizona ( -120 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    11/5/2015 21:05 :  Philadelphia ( 115 ) at  Calgary ( -135 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    11/5/2015 22:35 :  Columbus ( 170 ) at  Los Angeles ( -200 ) —- T: 5o-30
    11/5/2015 22:35 :  Florida ( 0 ) at  San Jose ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• Danomite6

Last night was one of those nights I go to bed thinking I’m good to finish top 50% and wake up to a nasty surprise. I was somewhat right to balance on the Vancouver/Pittsburgh game but I don’t think I could possibly have made worse player choices from each line. Malkin instead of Kessel. Hornqvist instead of Crosby. Vrbata instead of Daniel Sedin. Ugh, I think that was approximately a 12 point difference even though these players all play on the same line. I guess that is what you get sometimes when you play a short slate. Hopefully the DFS gods will be more kind tonight lol!

• JesseCandela22

@Danomite6 said...

Hopefully the DFS gods will be more kind tonight lol!

The DFS Gods have no heart…

• garciafan59

Don’t need to tell me about the Gods having no heart… Can’t pick a goalie to win as of late…

• chrisp200

I had a solid night last night. Tonight however, seems unpredictable. Tough matchups all around IMO.

• Bossman071

Ive been getting into NHL DFS alot and have been targeting my team matchups pretty well I would say. But I am having trouble pin pointing on my players who I should get exposure to, etack, etc. I play all cash games on DK. On small/large slates, would you suggest getting exposure to both lines 1 & 2 on a team you like or to stack that line? Last night for example I had lot of exposure to WPG/TOR/CHI with Ehlers, Panarin, JVR, Rielly, and Seabrook with an added Lehtera & Jagr in there. They didnt do horrible but I went more WPG1 vs there first line. Is it best to get exposure to both lines & PP or to stack in cash?

Just looking for some pointers, thanks for help and GL.

• shadymsix

I think WSH will do quite well against rask today.. rask has never beaten wsh not that that matters .. but i think holtby will have his work cut out for him.. especially with Boston scoring the way they been

What about avs n yotes? High scoring?

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Bossman071 said...

would you suggest getting exposure to both lines 1 & 2 on a team you like or to stack that line? Last night for example I had lot of exposure to WPG/TOR/CHI with Ehlers, Panarin, JVR, Rielly, and Seabrook with an added Lehtera & Jagr in there. They didnt do horrible but I went more WPG1 vs there first line. Is it best to get exposure to both lines & PP or to stack in cash?

If you’re talking 1 specific lineup, generally not a good idea to combine 2 guys who play on seperate lines and seperate PP. It will differentiate your lineup. Last night I had Ehlers + some of WPG 1 in cash lineups because Ehlers was way under priced. In general, better to just stick with guys who play together.

• Bossman071

@mberkowi said...

If you’re talking 1 specific lineup, generally not a good idea to combine 2 guys who play on seperate lines and seperate PP. It will differentiate your lineup. Last night I had Ehlers + some of WPG 1 in cash lineups because Ehlers was way under priced. In general, better to just stick with guys who play together.

Yea I just construct 1 cash lineup a night and play multiple cash contests. I guess thats been my problem I pin point the games well but have been stacking 2/3 man that also on PP together and then the other line goes off. Didnt know if getting exposure to both lines 1&2 but they play together on same PP is best. Or to even target my teams and do 2 player stacks that always play together and hope for the best… Or even not stack at all and just play single player value spots for larger slates like tonight?

• maxeernst

Hi all, I just submitted today’s Grind Down so it should be posted shortly. Hope you can take a look and find it helpful.

• ShowMeYourHITS

@Bossman071 said...

Yea I just construct 1 cash lineup a night and play multiple cash contests. I guess thats been my problem I pin point the games well but have been stacking 2/3 man that also on PP together and then the other line goes off. Didnt know if getting exposure to both lines 1&2 but they play together on same PP is best. Or to even target my teams and do 2 player stacks that always play together and hope for the best… Or even not stack at all and just play single player value spots for larger slates like tonight?

If you are looking for exposure to multiple lines, try and target the skaters that are value price but still playing with hunks. I’ve had success with skaters from one team that play on different lines, but it all depends on how the team as a whole performs. I prefer to target couples that play together on one line AND PP.

For tonight I’m thinking it’s a good night to target cheaper goalies in good matchups because there are some studs going, but the matchup is less than ideal. Then use the salary savings to target the studs in high scoring affairs.

• Danomite6

It is not necessarily a bad idea to take players from different lines, especially on some teams where it is hard to determine what is truly the first line and if the players from each line also play a lot of pp minutes. It is actually a bit of a safety net (if one line is terrible and one line is great on a given night you don’t completely miss out). This happened recently for me when I took Draisaitl and Yakupov. One player missed and the other did extremely well. It was enough to finish top 50 percent but if I had gone with McDavid and Yakupov I would have been bottom 50 percent.

• illuminatedk

Scooped in cash, thanks to you all who played Crawford. Who is on Ramo tonight on FD :D?

• Olhausen

That goal with 5 seconds to go in the Anh vs Florida cost me last night. Had longo got the win I would have finished 14th in the wrist shot just a few days after finishing 5th.

• abombhoosier

Who to roster on Draftkings? Kyle Turris or Jakub Voracek?

Thanks in advance!

• letterj007

@abombhoosier said...

Thanks in advance!

GPP or Cash??

• ydomes

@mberkowi said...

For FD specifically, don’t you think stacking forwards on the same line adds too much variance in cash? I entirely understand that your ceiling increases but your floor also drops substantially because of the +-. Interested to hear your thought process.

• drewbee30

@abombhoosier said...

Thanks in advance!

Well I had Quick in my lineup, but read Enroth was first off the ice this morning so he may start. Now I’m hearing Quick is expected to start. Got f’d last year cause Sutter plays games. Decided to toss Holtby into my cash games, and with a little re-work added Turris with Voracek.

• JesseCandela22

@abombhoosier said...

Turris, Vegas has more goal total… Vegas is sneaky

• abombhoosier

@letterj007 said...

GPP or Cash??

Cash Line Up!

• mberkowi

@ydomes said...

For FD specifically, don’t you think stacking forwards on the same line adds too much variance in cash? I entirely understand that your ceiling increases but your floor also drops substantially because of the +-. Interested to hear your thought process.

Does your floor really drop? Yes, it’s more likley that Wheeler/Ladd/Little are all on the ice for a goal, then Wheeler/Crosby/Kane, but playing linemates doesn’t change your floor. You can take a -6 from both groups.

I’m very against the whole idea of a cash lineup on any site needing to fit a specific pattern. There are situations were it makes sense to play a guy on F1 & F2 in the same lineup, but you better have a really good reason.

Interesting that this topic comes up tonight, because last night and tonight are the rare days I have an F1 & F2 player from the same team in my FD cash lineup.

• letterj007

@JesseCandela22 said...

Turris, Vegas has more goal total… Vegas is sneaky

Yet it’s cash. He’s looking for floor, not ceiling. No Stone. I say it’s Vorachek. Against a Calgary team that has given up more than 4 goals a game. JMHO

• noddy

@abombhoosier said...

Thanks in advance!

I would go Turris, but I read someplace Voracek has taken 50 shots this year and hasn’t scored yet…if ever there was a time someone was due this might be it.

• ScottyP33

@maxeernst said...

Hi all, I just submitted today’s Grind Down so it should be posted shortly. Hope you can take a look and find it helpful.

Good work Max. I enjoy your writing. Working “stifles” and “anemic” into an article is always bonus points! Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

• letterj007

@noddy said...

I would go Turris, but I read someplace Voracek has taken 50 shots this year and hasn’t scored yet…if ever there was a time someone was due this might be it.

This would be correct. 0 sh%. Last year, 10%. The year before 9.8%.

• mberkowi

@abombhoosier said...

Thanks in advance!

I like Voracek, but I’ve quite possibly lost more money playing Voracek/Giroux then any other pair.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).