• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Arizona ( 173 ) at  Washington ( -193 ) —- T: 173
    7:05 PM :  Minnesota ( 110 ) at  Boston ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    7:05 PM :  Columbus ( -110 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    7:05 PM :  Vegas ( 180 ) at  Toronto ( -220 ) —- T: 180
    8:35 PM :  Winnipeg ( 130 ) at  Dallas ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    10:05 PM :  Detroit ( 130 ) at  Vancouver ( -150 ) —- T: 130

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Blahaaron

Bjork was practicing on the top line this morning since Marchand wasn’t there.

• StPaulMick

@Schmo4 said...

Labs has these projected lines for Toronto: http://www.fantasylabs.com/nhl/lines/

Dang, Fantasy Labs’ hockey offerings are baller. Do you use their premium product?

• TimmerRC

Doesn’t Turris go back and forth between the countries all of the time? What would be his issue now?

• Blahaaron

Confirmed. No Marchand tonight. If you want a cheap guy on the first line, Bjork is your guy.

• Schmo4

@StPaulMick said...

Dang, Fantasy Labs’ hockey offerings are baller. Do you use their premium product?

No but definitely considering it. Their projected lines and goalies are free so I always take advantage of that. I find that they are pretty accurate and they show the average shots and blocked shots for each player

• StPaulMick

@TimmerRC said...

Doesn’t Turris go back and forth between the countries all of the time? What would be his issue now?

I think it has something to do with jurisdiction regarding his status as a “worker”, lol. It sounds funny saying it that way, but he will now be working in the US versus CAN and I think there can be visa issues even when there weren’t problems formerly, now that he is an employee of an American hockey team. Don’t quote me on this, but that’s my guess.

• Benn91

@Blahaaron said...

Confirmed. No Marchand tonight. If you want a cheap guy on the first line, Bjork is your guy.

At the same price I prefer Josh Anderson.

• StPaulMick

@zachrob2k said...

What do you guys think of TOR4 tonight in tournaments? Bozak and Marner are both pretty cheap and play on the PP1, Matt Martin is $3k on FD, when they play together they’re pretty efficient in CF% and HDCF%,

I like your reasoning here. It might be worthwhile to dig into ARI’s shorthanded stats and also average PIMs per game. Their PK% is well below league average (ARI is at 72% and the league 80%). TOR4’s time on ice per game numbers are way high (Marner and Bozak are averaging 13-14 minutes per game), but that’s probably a function of their roles on PP1. VGK4 looks rough.

*Edited to say: Forget everything I wrote. VGK’s PK% is right at the league average.

• TimmerRC

@Blahaaron said...

Hmm… I hadn’t been looking there, but would the lack of Boston’s #1 sniper make Dubnyk a solid play in goal tonight? I feel like with Marchand out and the lines shuffling, MIN prob matches pretty well against them…

And yeah, Bjork at 4200 playing alongside Bergeron could do very well.

• keephustlincuz

@TimmerRC said...

Hmm… I hadn’t been looking there, but would the lack of Boston’s #1 sniper make Dubnyk a solid play in goal tonight? I feel like with Marchand out and the lines shuffling, MIN prob matches pretty well against them…

And yeah, Bjork at 4200 playing alongside Bergeron could do very well.

I like the call. Boston hasn’t been playing well lately. Most people are playing holtby, bishop or markstrom.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Perfect night for me to be a homer with the Red Wings tonight. I have to imagine that one won’t be as popular. I like DET’s top 2 lines!

• StPaulMick

@hautalak said...

Perfect night for me to be a homer with the Red Wings tonight. I have to imagine that one won’t be as popular. I like DET’s top 2 lines!

I do not understand the Vegas moneyline love that VAN has been receiving lately. Tonight, they are favored again but I think that is all up to DET being the visitors and on the wrong side of a b2b. The ownership on DET has got to be minimal tonight. I, too, think I’ll be looking to them as a late night hammer.

• hautalak

• x2

@StPaulMick said...

I do not understand the Vegas moneyline love that VAN has been receiving lately. Tonight, they are favored again but I think that is all up to DET being the visitors and on the wrong side of a b2b. The ownership on DET has got to be minimal tonight. I, too, think I’ll be looking to them as a late night hammer.

I’m not too sure about why that is happening. I do think it’s a buyer beware situation regarding the Red Wings. It’s usually like a 4 goal game and up or they put up one or nothing and lose. I’ll have to have a share of Vanek. No narrative there, I just see him putting one in or at least making “value”.

• StPaulMick

@hautalak said...

I’ll have to have a share of Vanek

I have taken a solemn oath to never roster Vanek. Hopefully Vancouver makes the playoffs because that’s about the time of year he actually starts trying. He got on my bad side after his time in minny.

• hautalak

• x2

@StPaulMick said...

He got on my bad side after his time in minny

Yeah it didn’t go so well after BUF… He kind of resurrected his career last year and seems to be doing ok there so far.

• StPaulMick

@hautalak said...

He kind of resurrected his career last year and seems to be doing ok there so far.

I should say he got on my bad side during his second time in minny. When he was a Gopher, he rocked.

• shortstop2e19

Vegas odds has this game at 6.5 but TOR and VEG scoring at 3.80 and 3.62 respectively. Goals against TOR and VEG are 3.67 and 2.85 respectively. I think VEG could surprise here since TOR goalie has allowed 4 or more goals in half his starts. VEG goalie is likely not going to be any good especially on the road. Both of these teams top 6 skaters are in play and I think both teams have 5+ goal upside.

• cchap2

@shortstop2e19 said...

Vegas odds has this game at 6.5 but TOR and VEG scoring at 3.80 and 3.62 respectively. Goals against TOR and VEG are 3.67 and 2.85 respectively. I think VEG could surprise here since TOR goalie has allowed 4 or more goals in half his starts. VEG goalie is likely not going to be any good especially on the road. Both of these teams top 6 skaters are in play and I think both teams have 5+ goal upside.

I was at the game Saturday against St. Louis and Freddie Anderson was so bad, not to mention I’ve seen better D in beer league than Toronto plays; I’ll be on Vegas tonight.

• mathewsmarner

don’t look too hard but wsh line 3 can give u points

i know i’m 10 years too late in saying this but that wsh pp1 is lethal
    clb pp1 also lethal as well as lines 1 and 2, don’t think i’m 10 years too late in saying this, maybe just a season or two
    bottom of the barrel, go with nyr line 4
    leafs line 1 lethal
    wsh line 1 lethal
    wpg line 1 lethal
    det pp1 good if you can get the puck up front
    van line 4 another bottom of the barrel you can go with

• sportsnut11

Blahaaron i love the vegas duo except i went Karlsson and Smith because of the PP correlation.

I am hopeful that Vegas goes underowned and they have a 4 or 5 goal night against Toronto.

• MakinItkane9

@StPaulMick said...

60$ a month is wayyyyy too expensive no?

• StPaulMick

Eff yes, it is. I didn’t realize that was what they were asking. I’ve never actually checked them out before today. I just liked all the colors lol

• Canuckage

Sigh the Medium Light the Lamp already filled up. DK needs to be a bit more ambitious with their pools.

Loving the VGS L1 tonight!

• Kingspark35

@MakinItkane9 said...

60$ a month is wayyyyy too expensive no?

Hell yes. For 60$ a month , I would expect a personal visit from Eric Lindros.

• keephustlincuz

@Kingspark35 said...

Hell yes. For 60$ a month , I would expect a personal visit from Eric Lindros.

Just make sure you have a towel for the drool.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).