• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Arizona ( 173 ) at  Washington ( -193 ) —- T: 173
    7:05 PM :  Minnesota ( 110 ) at  Boston ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    7:05 PM :  Columbus ( -110 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    7:05 PM :  Vegas ( 180 ) at  Toronto ( -220 ) —- T: 180
    8:35 PM :  Winnipeg ( 130 ) at  Dallas ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    10:05 PM :  Detroit ( 130 ) at  Vancouver ( -150 ) —- T: 130

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@bigredfire said...

I struggled with this game. If they go off, your going to be in the minority. I see a tough low scoring game, which means it will be 6-4 or something crazy.

I’m crossing fingers!

• keephustlincuz

@Felixxberg said...

Yes, I paid for one month to see how that goes. I don’t base my choices entirely from these articles but they help a lot. Unfortunately, I have had difficulty with picking Ds lately even though I chose the best lines most of the time.

For tonight, I won’t tell which ones out of respect for dailyfaceoff and the writer but on my 7 lines, 3 are in his “lines to target” at the end of the article (he names 5).

Also, I would never fade Tor, Win and Dal if it was a 150 entries max, but on a 20 entries max, I want to be different. Like I said in this forum a couple days ago, I’m aiming for the top prize so I’m taking big risks for high rewards.

Good answer. What’s your opinion of the line matching article? I have read a few and find them pretty good. They usually pin point some lines that aren’t chalk.

• TimmerRC

I did the same, paid for one month to see how it goes. I pick the games and then use his advice to narrow the lines. Considering I flirted with a gpp win last night I’d say so far so good and I think that month paid for itself last night as well since I added in nyi2 and ended up hitting on Barzal and leddy ‘s big night thanks to his article.

• TimmerRC

@keephustlincuz said...

Good answer. What’s your opinion of the line matching article? I have read a few and find them pretty good. They usually pin point some lines that aren’t chalk.

The thing about line matching is that it has the same basic flaws as relying too heavily on corsi or Fenwick data… there is an x factor missing.

The oilers had a significant edge on Detroit in most such metrics and yet… They lose 4-0.

But if you expect a team to score big and you plan to play them it seems like a good way to spot an edge.

• TimmerRC

Is Vegas really +180 against a potentially Matthews-less Leafs team? Yikes…

Thoughts on Matthews? If they say he will play so you think his line may have reduced minutes to protect him a bit?

• keephustlincuz

@TimmerRC said...

Is Vegas really +180 against a potentially Matthews-less Leafs team? Yikes…

Thoughts on Matthews? If they say he will play so you think his line may have reduced minutes to protect him a bit?

That line is telling you he is playing.

• MakinItkane9

Hittin a matthews / nylander fade tonight see how it goes.

• Blahaaron

@TimmerRC said...

I did the same, paid for one month to see how it goes. I pick the games and then use his advice to narrow the lines. Considering I flirted with a gpp win last night I’d say so far so good and I think that month paid for itself last night as well since I added in nyi2 and ended up hitting on Barzal and leddy ‘s big night thanks to his article.

I think any time isles play everyone should make a game with the top 2 lines

• Canuckage

Yikes, Matthew situation is quite risky if he is GTD

• MakinItkane9

@Canuckage said...

Yikes, Matthew situation is quite risky if he is GTD

How does no one know yet? its 50 mins til game time.

Anyways gl tonight – entered the forum league so ill be taking your money.

• mathewsmarner

cls line 2 and wsh line 1 with a vessey on the side
    goalie is nucker

only entering 1 .25c lineup

• themouth1888

Going all in on the Leafs scoring a few goals tonight! Just hope I’m lucky with the other players I’ve drafted outside that game.

Entered the $8k light the lamp tourney

• TimmerRC

Tonight may in some ways be the perfect night to go all in on Toronto.

• epot

matty on ice for warmup!

• themouth1888

I’ve left him out of my Leafs fest. If he’s so touch and go he isn’t 100% and if Toronto do bag a few early goals will he be sat down and rested?

• Benn91

I dont know what to do with Matty :s

• kirby34

Oshie/Orlov or Smith-Pelly/Carlson?

• yisman

virtually all contests full 16 minutes before lock

• themouth1888

@yisman said...

virtually all contests full 16 minutes before lock

I always enter early even if I put in a nonsense team.

Just edit it later when lines become more apparent

• Benn91

Matty will be less owned due to his DTD status.

• yisman

I just think it’s funny when the sites don’t realize that when NBA and NHL have different lock times, NHL is going to get tons of entries

and they grossly mis-size the contests

edit: DK noticed and threw some more contests up, which are quickly filling

yahoo and fantasydraft pretty full

• epot

matty’s in

• Benn91

It will be a last minute fade for me even if he is in, I pefer to pay someone else who will be 100% , 8k is a lot…

• zachrob2k

Come on Dallas and TOR4!!!!!!

• Canuckage

@zachrob2k said...

Come on Dallas and TOR4!!!!!!

TOR4? what?! lol better off stacking Sedins that play 10 mins a game :P

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).