7:05 PM :  Arizona ( 210 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -250 ) —- T: 210
    7:05 PM :  Florida ( 130 ) at  Carolina ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    7:05 PM :  Washington ( 0 ) at  Buffalo ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM :  Nashville ( 0 ) at  Columbus ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM :  St. Louis ( -135 ) at  New Jersey ( 115 ) —- T: -135
    7:35 PM :  Vegas ( 0 ) at  Montreal ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 160 ) at  Calgary ( -180 ) —- T: 160
    10:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( -115 ) at  Anaheim ( -105 ) —- T: -115

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

NYI L1, PIT L1, and MON L1, have to be the chalk tonight, I’d think?

Good to differentiate with NYI L2, though I won’t be able to avoid more shares of L1. Don’t like PIT L2 as much now that Kessel isn’t with Malkin.

Unsure how to play that Vancouver-Calgary game. I rarely like stacking against Vancouver, but they’re on a B2B. Some luster came off VAN L1 last night, though one game means little.

• PhoFever

@Zieg30 said...

NYI L1, PIT L1, and MON L1, have to be the chalk tonight, I’d think?

Good to differentiate with NYI L2, though I won’t be able to avoid more shares of L1. Don’t like PIT L2 as much now that Kessel isn’t with Malkin.

Unsure how to play that Vancouver-Calgary game. I rarely like stacking against Vancouver, but they’re on a B2B. Some luster came off VAN L1 last night, though one game means little.

Nice slate tonight; you pretty much nailed it. It will come down to finding the right combination from those teams and picking the correct lines. Goalies, of course, are going to be key as well.

I am liking CGY2 as a way to afford a big ol’ PIT PP1 stack. Also slightly intrigued by Nashville. Scoring is picking up and COL on b2b….

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

DK finally got their contests right! Won’t play the $8 150 entries one because I don’t have the bankroll or the time to build that many lineups but it’s nice that they have it. They also have the $3 20 entries, which suits casual players best, and the $33 84 entries with a big top prize for high rollers.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@Seahawktom said...

Nice slate tonight; you pretty much nailed it. It will come down to finding the right combination from those teams and picking the correct lines. Goalies, of course, are going to be key as well.

I am liking CGY2 as a way to afford a big ol’ PIT PP1 stack. Also slightly intrigued by Nashville. Scoring is picking up and COL on b2b….

Looks like Pittsburgh changed up its lines from last game? Kessel now back on L2?

I’m not seeing anything from the beat writer twitter accounts, but both RG and LWL have new lines.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Zieg30 said...

Looks like Pittsburgh changed up its lines from last game? Kessel now back on L2?

I’m not seeing anything from the beat writer twitter accounts, but both RG and LWL have new lines.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ycmmat/lists/pit-penguins

If you scroll down enough you’ll see the new lines.

• habscards

I hate spending so much on a goalie but Matt Murray just can’t lose tonight.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Woo! A nice night with a $3 contest haha

Yeah I can’t avoid NYI L1 as much as it might suite me. Keep riding the hot hands against a struggling team on the road. I also like CGY L1 but so do a lot.

I’ll check back in after I decide where I want to “differentiate”. Hell I might even put out a blog for tonight, we’ll see.

• sizzlebeans

I moved my money back over to DK. Having a hard time adjusting to FD and their off the wall positioning some nights. So, if anyone is interested in winning some money tonight, I’ll be paying the rake in the Sniper and the Forecheck.

• sizzlebeans

nevermind, the $4, 3 entry max forecheck already filled apparently. it was a 597 field size, which seems friggen oddball AF for that contest…as is the 3 entry max. guess i better dummy enter the sniper before that fills.

@draftkings – you need to stop messing up the casual player games. they are the most popular and are filling early every night.

• yisman

Cam Atkinson returning for Columbus.

• TimmerRC

@Felixxberg said...

DK finally got their contests right! Won’t play the $8 150 entries one because I don’t have the bankroll or the time to build that many lineups but it’s nice that they have it. They also have the $3 20 entries, which suits casual players best, and the $33 84 entries with a big top prize for high rollers.

Yup, I’m loving it!

• TimmerRC

I wish the various websites could agree on which line is which…

One site calls the Smith/Marchesseault line VGK1, one calls it VGK2.

One calls the Tarasenko/Schwartz/Schenn line STL1, one calls it STL2.

• StPaulMick

@TimmerRC said...

One calls the Tarasenko/Schwartz/Schenn line STL1, one calls it STL2.

In the case of STL I think it’s basically an STL1A and STL1B type of thing. Tarasenko’s line is always going to get first line minutes regardless of whether they are the first ones on the ice at the beginning of the period or not. I know that doesn’t help you if you’re digging into the matchups but since STL is the visiting team NJ will have the privilege of last change, so you can pretty much rest assured that whichever line is the Devils shutdown line will be out on the ice when Tarasenko’s line is on the ice.

• FlyGuys335

• TimmerRC

@FlyGuys335 said...

Eh?

• benrocket

Does anyone like MTL1 or LA2?

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@Felixxberg said...

Agree to disagree!

Would much prefer a similar sized $5 150 entries if they had to do 150 (and thus be above $4). The size of the $3 GPP 20-entry tonight is too small to make it seriously interesting. So I’m stuck playing fewer entries than I want to in the $8 (though I’m using 4 or 5 $33 tickets for the Line Change as well).

• FlyGuys335

My fault it was a pocket post….daily forum lingerer here dont mind me lol

• StPaulMick

@benrocket said...

Does anyone like MTL1

I do. They are fairly priced and MON might be in the midst of righting the ship right now. As a side note, Patches is too expensive (6.3k on DK) for his lousy production so far this year (8 pts in 15 games) and on the second line, so I’m guessing he goes way low-owned on this huge slate. Like sub 5%. With the wtf goaltending situation in VGK, I think he’s worth a look.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@StPaulMick said...

I do. They are fairly priced and MON might be in the midst of righting the ship right now. As a side note, Patches is too expensive (6.3k on DK) for his lousy production so far this year (8 pts in 15 games) and on the second line, so I’m guessing he goes way low-owned on this huge slate. Like sub 5%. With the wtf goaltending situation in VGK, I think he’s worth a look.

I like MON L1 and L2 a lot, but also no way does Pacioretty go sub 5% against VGK.

• StPaulMick

@Zieg30 said...

but also no way does Pacioretty go sub 5% against VGK.

Fair enough. I will cede to the better dfs player.

• SA16

Pacioretty might literally be the highest owned wing on DK

• B_Edelman

I posted in the LineupHQ thread yesterday, but I doubt I get a good response there. Anyone have a good method for using LineupHQ to generate multiple double line stacks in one build? The only thing I can make it do is generate one double stack at a time, and then change the stacks manually and run again and again and like the ones I like. Anyone figured out a better way to actually adjust stack exposures and stuff like that.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@StPaulMick said...

StPaulMick

I certainly play more volume than you do, but which one of us is better can’t be determined by RG rankings!

And, I’m at 50% Pacioretty across my DK entries. I have none of him in my 8 or so FD entries.

• TimmerRC

@B_Edelman said...

I posted in the LineupHQ thread yesterday, but I doubt I get a good response there. Anyone have a good method for using LineupHQ to generate multiple double line stacks in one build? The only thing I can make it do is generate one double stack at a time, and then change the stacks manually and run again and again and like the ones I like. Anyone figured out a better way to actually adjust stack exposures and stuff like that.

So, this is still a bit tedious, but it works… if you have narrowed the entire slate down to a handful of lines that you want to run, first go to the team max totals and reduce all of the other teams, the ones you won’t want to use, to a max of zero. Next, go to the player pool and look at the teams you DO want to use. List the players by team, and manually exclude the forwards from the lines you won’t use. It takes about 2 minutes (you don’t have to touch the other teams because you already set their max to zero).

Then, have it generate 150 lineups, and scan around, there will inevitably be some that fit what you want, and they will often highlight combinations that you hadn’t thought of.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).