7:05 PM :  Arizona ( 210 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -250 ) —- T: 210
    7:05 PM :  Florida ( 130 ) at  Carolina ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    7:05 PM :  Washington ( 0 ) at  Buffalo ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM :  Nashville ( 0 ) at  Columbus ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM :  St. Louis ( -135 ) at  New Jersey ( 115 ) —- T: -135
    7:35 PM :  Vegas ( 0 ) at  Montreal ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 160 ) at  Calgary ( -180 ) —- T: 160
    10:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( -115 ) at  Anaheim ( -105 ) —- T: -115

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sizzlebeans

Anyone got a solid read on the battle of LA game? Kind of thinking that could be low scoring and worth a full fade, but being the last game of the slate I hate to have 0 exposure.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@sizzlebeans said...

Anyone got a solid read on the battle of LA game? Kind of thinking that could be low scoring and worth a full fade, but being the last game of the slate I hate to have 0 exposure.

I wouldn’t say a solid “read” but I wasn’t going to be afraid to plug in some ANA guys. I know there’s less appeal with Getz out but they still have some guys that can put it together. ANA 3-1 maybe?

• B_Edelman

@Timmer Thanks, I’ll keep playing with it. It just seems like there should be a better way that doesn’t involve paying for a competitor.

• SteveM

@Zieg30 said...

Agree to disagree!

Would much prefer a similar sized $5 150 entries if they had to do 150 (and thus be above $4). The size of the $3 GPP 20-entry tonight is too small to make it seriously interesting.

I agree with your agreement to disagree.

$5 (barely over the $4 line) 150-max is the sweet spot.
    Bigger $3 prize pool to make it worth getting excited about.

• mathewsmarner

Does anyone like MTL1 or LA2?

LA1 is the obvious/sneaky pick

you can also go clb lines 2/3 for punt plays, isles line 2 for punt plays

chalkiest of chalks is clb1 isles1 and stl1 in no particular order, if i were to order it it would be stl1 isles1 and clb1

ANH1 is your second obvious/sneaky pick, i say second cause they’re at home

• habscards

@sizzlebeans said...

I too think that it will be a low scoring game. If you pick the right goalie it would be a great boost to your totals at the end of the night.

With that being said I love Matt Murray as a easy win but costly. I like Charlie Lindgren as a great value pick.

• mikezaw

Rolling the dice by playing NYI 1, LAK 1, and a few one offs. Throwing Mike Smith out there as well. All of this is subject to be changed 10 times before faceoff lol

• sizzlebeans

@habscards said...

I too think that it will be a low scoring game. If you pick the right goalie it would be a great boost to your totals at the end of the night.

With that being said I love Matt Murray as a easy win but costly. I like Charlie Lindgren as a great value pick.

yea, i’ve considered using Quick as a late night hammer, but I also like Kase and want to use him or his line which contradicts my want to use Quick.

• themouth1888

Going with a big mix of Isles and Pens tonight in all my line ups. High scoring games give me a chance. If they are low scoring then I’ve wasted alot of money lol!

I’ve taken Crosby over Malkin in the line ups as cant afford both

• mathewsmarner

pietrangelo going to feast, then leddy, then warenski

they should give out bonus’ for defenceman hatrick

Ducks center Ryan Getzlaf will miss the next two months of the season after having surgery to repair a fracture of his cheekbone.

• cchap2

Do you fade Pittsburgh in favor of NYI1?

• sizzlebeans

is there a forum league tonight?

• bigredfire

I think NYI 1 will be chalkier than Pitt 1/2. The trouble I keep running into with Pitt is, which line do you go with, 1 / 2 / PP? There are so many good players on that team and all of them can’t get all the points. If you are a gpp multi-entry person, sure it’s easy to throw a bunch of Pitt combos together with MTL and other low price options. If you only put in a couple lineups, like I do, I gravitate towards NYI 1 because its easier roster construction and safer floor. Maybe that’s a hot take, but I just find myself going that direction building lineups.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

To Zieg30 and SteveM: I get your point and I would also prefer $4-$6 150 entries contests rather than $8+ ones, but I see tonight as a step in the right direction. There’s a contest for casual players and a contest for mass enterers.

I would definitely prefer the opposite buy-ins though. I’d rather put 20 x $8 and 150 x $3 than the opposite. That being said, I don’t have enough time to build 150 lineups during the week anyway.

• PhoFever

I’m about 80% on Shea Weber and Patches.

• Blahaaron

Well i have 8 lineups in the 1.5 quarter jukebox and the 5k hip check. I’m giving marchessault Karlson Horvat and Boeser another try together. But they are the reasons i didnt get 50 plus last night. I have picked the right goalie twonights in a row. Let’s hope Quick is three times a charm!

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@bigredfire said...

I think NYI 1 will be chalkier than Pitt 1/2. The trouble I keep running into with Pitt is, which line do you go with, 1 / 2 / PP? There are so many good players on that team and all of them can’t get all the points. If you are a gpp multi-entry person, sure it’s easy to throw a bunch of Pitt combos together with MTL and other low price options. If you only put in a couple lineups, like I do, I gravitate towards NYI 1 because its easier roster construction and safer floor. Maybe that’s a hot take, but I just find myself going that direction building lineups.

NYI L2 is interesting tonight, too, though certainly does not pose the same quandary as PIT L1 v. PIT L2.

• Blahaaron

Roy Halladay 😢 my favourite Blue Jays died in a plane crash. I know this is NHL but this is gutting.

• bigredfire

@Zieg30 said...

NYI L2 is interesting tonight, too, though certainly does not pose the same quandary as PIT L1 v. PIT L2.

I’m playing around with game stacking EDM / NYI 2.

• rgreuli

@habscards said...

I hate spending so much on a goalie but Matt Murray just can’t lose tonight.

Yes, he can.

• Canuckage

@sizzlebeans said...

I moved my money back over to DK. Having a hard time adjusting to FD and their off the wall positioning some nights. So, if anyone is interested in winning some money tonight, I’ll be paying the rake in the Sniper and the Forecheck.

I find that FD offers better low stakes ($3-$5) tournaments because I prefer top heavy payout structures whereas DK offers better mid stake ($10-$40) tournaments. I’ve been playing a ton of FD but the lack of “special” pools had me moving more volume to DK.

• MakinItkane9

@Blahaaron said...

Roy Halladay 😢 my favourite Blue Jays died in a plane crash. I know this is NHL but this is gutting.

RIP – so sad. Such a great dude

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Yeah the $3 contest got me. NYI L1, CGY L1 & CGY L2, and FLA L1. We’ll see how that goes.

• Blahaaron

Hoping today is a good day. I’ve never spent this much ($15) at once before. I’d like to at least win half of it back lol.

• Canuckage

BUF L2 FTW?!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).