7:05 PM :  Arizona ( 210 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -250 ) —- T: 210
    7:05 PM :  Florida ( 130 ) at  Carolina ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    7:05 PM :  Washington ( 0 ) at  Buffalo ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM :  Nashville ( 0 ) at  Columbus ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM :  St. Louis ( -135 ) at  New Jersey ( 115 ) —- T: -135
    7:35 PM :  Vegas ( 0 ) at  Montreal ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 160 ) at  Calgary ( -180 ) —- T: 160
    10:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( -115 ) at  Anaheim ( -105 ) —- T: -115

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• NextSignal

Welp, was up several grand before they took away that last D. Brown goal. C’mon Kings!

• TimmerRC

Yeah, that goal actually had me up a couple bucks for the day… prob an offside?

• sizzlebeans

No chance for a Gibson win now.

• NextSignal

Kopitar got hurt too. Wild finish.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Come oooooon . . . Forbort. Blah

• sizzlebeans

@TimmerRC said...

I figure it should be okay to discuss his articles once all of the games have launched and nobody can actually use his info, right? And I’m happy to promote his writing, my daily ROI is definitely up since I started using his articles in conjunction with my game planning…

His top 3 lines were BUF1/STL1/NYI2, but in his game by game breakdowns he liked VAN2, MTL1, CAR2 and PIT2. WSH2 as well. So basically, at least a piece of each of his lines did something decent today, and a couple of them combined may have won you a GPP. My great downfall tonight, and the reason I’m going to roughly break even (prob down $6) is that when I saw Max Domi had switched lines, I chased him by switching to Crosby.

I strongly suggest checking his stuff out, at least for one month to see if you like it.

I had a decent amount of his top 3 lines. Lots of MTL1, some CAR2 and WAS2, not enough PIT2 and no VAN2. I was looking at CGY to take control of that one. I unfortunately faded LA, but fortunately faded the chalk NYI1. Regardless, I’m going to be inthe red tonight with these combos. I can get half of my LUs right, but can never put the right two lines together. I’m thinking it might be wise to drop the double stack and pick one line to lock into an optimizer an see what I get for the rest of the LU.

PIT1 + NYI2
    PIT1 + CAR1
    PIT1 + FLA2
    PIT2 + ANA3
    BUF1 + CAR2
    BUF1 + Stasny/Steen/Forsberg
    BUF1 + FLA2
    FLA1 + NYI2
    FLA1 + CBJ1
    NYI2 + CBJ1
    MTL1 + CAR1
    MTL1+ CGY1
    MTL1 + EDM1
    MTL1 + PIT1
    MTL1 + WAS2 (Kuz line)
    MTL pp2 + STL2 (Schenn line)
    CBJ2 + STL2
    CBJ1 + WAS2
    CAR1 + WAS2
    CAR2 + EDM1
    CGY1 + NSH mix

• sizzlebeans

Kings deserved to win that. They thoroughly outplayed the Ducks the 3rd an OT. That 4 minute penalty kill was terrific. They wouldn’t let ANA gain possession in the offensive zone for the first 3 minutes of it, then ANA took a penalty.

• TimmerRC

Thanks to that Ot goal and Quick getting the win, I’m only down $6 for the day. Considering how weird a day it was, I’ll call that a plus result.

@sizzle, you used ALL of those line combos? Maybe you are simply spreading yourself too thin?

• sizzlebeans

Pretty lame the forecheck is now a three max entry and has been replaced by the sniper with a $1000 instead of $3000 top prize. DK just shitting all over NHL DFS.

• NextSignal

@sizzlebeans said...

Pretty lame the forecheck is now a three max entry and has been replaced by the sniper with a $1000 instead of $3000 top prize. DK just shitting all over NHL DFS.

It was about this time last season that I moved over to FD, and after tonight I assume that will be the case this year as well.

• Blahaaron

8.6 for Quick getting the assist in the OT goal is so clutch. I finished in 17th place in the $300 hip check. 0.20 away from $5 tho 😣

• TimmerRC

Nice! And oh yeah, I see that late assist addition got me another $2 woot! :)

• sizzlebeans

@TimmerRC said...

@sizzle, you used ALL of those line combos? Maybe you are simply spreading yourself too thin?

Maybe. I usually target a 4 lines core and work off that. Tonight it was PIT1, MTL1, BUF1, WAS2. Then split some teams like CAR1/2, CBJ1/2, STL1/2, FLA1/2, with some NYI2, CGY1, EDM1. One offs were PIT2 and ANA3 and some NSH.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@NextSignal said...

It was about this time last season that I moved over to FD, and after tonight I assume that will be the case this year as well.

That Brown assist just put you ahead of me in the Breakaway.

Kills me that Forbort couldn’t get one more block or shot this game, which would have moved me into a tie for second.

• TimmerRC

Good luck tomorrow, I decided that I didn’t like the short slates, so I’m taking the day off! (Except maybe a 25 cent qualifier, I want to build up Dangle tickets for later in the season)

• NextSignal

@Zieg30 said...

That Brown assist just put you ahead of me in the Breakaway.

Kills me that Forbort couldn’t get one more block or shot this game, which would have moved me into a tie for second.

Yeah sorry dude, crazy finish. The previous and then denied Brown goal actually put me into 2nd but I’m happy with the results. Forbort was the right play in my opinion.

• Blahaaron

Tomorrow I’m playing Tampa 2 and NY 1.

• sizzlebeans

@NextSignal said...

Think I might do the same. I tried to a couple weeks ago, but prefer DK’s interface more for some reason. If they’re going to continue to fiddledick around with their contests, I’m out.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@NextSignal said...

Yeah sorry dude, crazy finish. The previous and then denied Brown goal actually put me into 2nd but I’m happy with the results. Forbort was the right play in my opinion.

Congrats on getting 3rd.

Yeah, Forbort was (though Manson apparently would have been the best of the $3,500 options, result-wise), though I noted for the first time this game that he gets a lot less ice-time when LA is paying from behind and really needs blocks from PK duties to get points.

• sizzlebeans

@TimmerRC said...

Good luck tomorrow, I decided that I didn’t like the short slates, so I’m taking the day off! (Except maybe a 25 cent qualifier, I want to build up Dangle tickets for later in the season)

I recently discovered like the short slates for 50/50s an stay out of GPPs. The big slates I go all GPP.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@sizzlebeans said...

Think I might do the same. I tried to a couple weeks ago, but prefer DK’s interface more for some reason. If they’re going to continue to fiddledick around with their contests, I’m out.

I much prefer the DK interface. It’s just much simpler to follow, especially when trying to figure out who you should be rooting against.

• sizzlebeans

@Zieg30 said...

Congrats on getting 3rd.

Yeah, Forbort was (though Manson apparently would have been the best of the $3,500 options, result-wise), though I noted for the first time this game that he gets a lot less ice-time when LA is paying from behind and really needs blocks from PK duties to get points.

Was this a late slate GPP? Hanafin was my target at the $3500 price tag.

• NextSignal

@sizzlebeans said...

I prefer DK as well and have done significantly better there for years, but they’re just not offering anything right now in my opinion. I really don’t understand why they continuously mess with their prize structure when their contests regularly fill.

• sizzlebeans

@Blahaaron said...

Tomorrow I’m playing Tampa 2 and NY 1.

TB2 will likely see the Joes line, with TB1 possibly getting the Tierney line – or vice versa. Couture’s line could be skating against TB3 which will be juicy.

• Canuckage

Wow thought I was drawing dead after the VAN/CGY so I took a nap and woke up to find this :D
    https://gyazo.com/67c555b0972610a29620765908f9fc9a

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).