7:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 200 ) at  Boston ( -240 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    7:05 PM :  Arizona ( 0 ) at  Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Buffalo ( 115 ) at  Montreal ( -135 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    7:35 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 180 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -220 ) —- T: 6u-10
    7:35 PM :  Vegas ( -158 ) at  Ottawa ( 143 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    8:35 PM :  Carolina ( -115 ) at  Chicago ( -105 ) —- T: 6u-25
    8:35 PM :  San Jose ( -130 ) at  Dallas ( 110 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    10:35 PM :  Minnesota ( -110 ) at  Los Angeles ( -110 ) —- T: 5½o-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• elctrceye

• Blogger of the Month

Time to fire up the Chicago power play

• stellagirl

OTT is #1 in the NHL in goals scored in home ice. VGK is nearly dead last in goals scored on the road. Not sure why Vegas has VGK pegged as such a strong favorite, but I will have some OTT1 exposure.

Also liking TBL2 as a pivot off the top line (cheaper, with almost the exact same productivity but with fewer minutes played.)

Plenty of value out there tonight, too.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Benn-Seguin-Gurianov would have been so perfect! Disappointed with the actual lines.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Listened to both advices up top! Started with Kane/Toews/Seabrook and went to Stone/White (PP correlation and salary relief) next. Then a Barzal one off for some reason. See I can’t even make lineups myself anymore with how I’ve been doing lol

• PhoFever

@stellagirl said...

Also liking TBL2 as a pivot off the top line (cheaper, with almost the exact same productivity but with fewer minutes played.)

I feel very, very confident about TB1 tonight. Which means that is its probably going to be a NYI1/2, Lehner shutout type of night.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

If you’re playing Yahoo tonight and want a low owned goalie, make it Bobby Lou! Apparently he’s not starting there so maybe people will believe it. He’s not in the best spot but did see this is EDM’s 8th game in 13 days. He’s the best low priced goalie I like there besides Anderson.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@stellagirl said...

OTT is #1 in the NHL in goals scored in home ice. VGK is nearly dead last in goals scored on the road. Not sure why Vegas has VGK pegged as such a strong favorite, but I will have some OTT1 exposure.

Likely because Ottawa is doing a lot of it with smoke and mirrors. They’re not going to sustain this.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

Oh crap. My employer finally added DK and FD to its list of banned sites. This is going to be annoying.

• Wingman

Are we expecting same lines for Hawks?

• mr_papageorgio

I’ve been falling for the VGK trap all season, no reason to stop tonight right?

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Zieg30 said...

Oh crap. My employer finally added DK and FD to its list of banned sites. This is going to be annoying.

Maybe he saw you had a little too much activity there! You should say it’s for business development. There’s a lot of law stuff to do for DK!

• tristanwolf

@Zieg30 said...

doh! how did they find out?

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

If you’re playing Yahoo tonight and want a low owned goalie, make it Bobby Lou! Apparently he’s not starting there so maybe people will believe it. He’s not in the best spot but did see this is EDM’s 8th game in 13 days. He’s the best low priced goalie I like there besides Anderson.

Oh yeah, on it! Put him with a big Panther stack.

Yahoo almost always has at least 3-4 wrong goalies starting per evening. People who play regularly know to NEVER rely on what Yahoo says. It baffles me, to be quite honest…in their other sports, they stay on top of who is playing have a great alert system when someone you roster is scratched or not in the starting lineup.

• PhoFever

@Zieg30 said...

Likely because Ottawa is doing a lot of it with smoke and mirrors. They’re not going to sustain this.

Playing a lot of OTT tonight feels like ultimate game log chasing. I’m playing more Fleury than I am Sens.

• canuck1995

@stellagirl said...

Are you talking FD? I think TBL2 is actually more expensive now than TBL1 now on dk

• KindGuy

@Seahawktom said...

Oh yeah, on it! Put him with a big Panther stack.

Yahoo almost always has at least 3-4 wrong goalies starting per evening. People who play regularly know to NEVER rely on what Yahoo says. It baffles me, to be quite honest…in their other sports, they stay on top of who is playing have a great alert system when someone you roster is scratched or not in the starting lineup.

Yep, I got burned once last season. I think it was Hellebuyck who Yahoo had as starting when in fact it was someone else.

• Canuckage

@mr_papageorgio said...

I’ve been falling for the VGK trap all season, no reason to stop tonight right?

Haha I’m on the same boat. I’ll pick them til they explode because once I stop is when they score 5-6 goals.

• sizzlebeans

@Wingman said...

Are we expecting same lines for Hawks?

The Blackhawks did not run lines during the morning skate. The forward lineup from Wednesday’s practice was as follows:

DeBrincat-Toews-Kahun

Schmaltz-Anisimov-Kane

Saad-Kampf-Fortin

Martinsen-Kruger-Kunitz

https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/news/preview-blackhawks-vs-hurricanes-118/c-301705000

• stellagirl

@Zieg30 said...

Maybe…. but in addition to being the top home scoring team, they are also tied with Ovi’ Capitals for most home pp goals (12), and have the highest Corsi For of any home power play in the league. VGK also have the 2nd worse road goal differential in the NHL (-13) andntheirnroad defense is middling, at best.

They seem to find a way to get the puck in the net, and Tkachuk is back tonight, too.

Also, they’ll be insanely low owned. 1/3 of my meager bankroll is going into the Sens side of this game.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@stellagirl said...

Also, they’ll be insanely low owned. 1/3 of my meager bankroll is going into the Sens side of this game.

I’ll have a couple OTT L1s myself, but I still think VGK wins this game!

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@Felixxberg said...

Maybe he saw you had a little too much activity there! You should say it’s for business development. There’s a lot of law stuff to do for DK!

My activity has been less this year than years past! Not sure why it happened. I’m not concerned about it, more frustrated.

• keephustlincuz

@stellagirl said...

Maybe…. but in addition to being the top home scoring team, they are also tied with Ovi’ Capitals for most home pp goals (12), and have the highest Corsi For of any home power play in the league. VGK also have the 2nd worse road goal differential in the NHL (-13) andntheirnroad defense is middling, at best.

They seem to find a way to get the puck in the net, and Tkachuk is back tonight, too.

Glad you mentioned him. I was gonna ask about tkachuk. On DK he is still showing a dl tag. On FD he is 3900. Seems like he could be lowed tonight as well.

Anyone interested?

• fantasybender

My system is producing interesting lines today. Cheap goalies and ownership differentials got me on EDM1/BUF1 vs some low CA/60 opponents. Props aren’t terrible at least. Outside of theory, I like CHI PP/TB1

• sizzlebeans

@fantasybender said...

My system is producing interesting lines today. Cheap goalies and ownership differentials got me on EDM1/BUF1 vs some low CA/60 opponents. Props aren’t terrible at least. Outside of theory, I like CHI PP/TB1

yea, my data pointed me to EDM and VGK. EDM and FLA have the best power play data, so I’ll have about 40% EDM exposure tonight hoping the data is accurate. The “gut data” says use CHI for the same reasons we used LAK their first game after the coach got fired. I also like both sides of the ARI/PHI game. An initial gut build had me on MTL and LAK so I’ll have that as well.

• keephustlincuz

@sizzlebeans said...

yea, my data pointed me to EDM and VGK. EDM and FLA have the best power play data, so I’ll have about 40% EDM exposure tonight hoping the data is accurate. The “gut data” says use CHI for the same reasons we used LAK their first game after the coach got fired. I also like both sides of the ARI/PHI game. An initial gut build had me on MTL and LAK so I’ll have that as well.

I like the fla edm game stack.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).