• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Chicago ( -105 ) at  Philadelphia ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    7:05 PM :  Edmonton ( -125 ) at  New Jersey ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    7:35 PM :  Minnesota ( 0 ) at  Montreal ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Arizona ( 200 ) at  St. Louis ( -240 ) —- T: 200
    9:05 PM :  Detroit ( 145 ) at  Calgary ( -165 ) —- T: 145
    10:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 130 ) at  Anaheim ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    10:35 PM :  Tampa Bay ( 0 ) at  Los Angeles ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Blahaaron

Tampa has lost both their 2nd games in back 2 backs that they’ve played, at a score of 4 to 5. Line 1 was the hot line. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it so I am making my team around them. Also STL 1.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

STL L1 is going to be the heavy chalk tonight. Calgary L1 to a lesser extent.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I also like Chicago’s new top line!

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

I have been waiting for that for a while! It’s a little top heavy but boy will they produce!!!

• Felixxberg

Also, I’m biased as a Montrealer but they’re at home against a team that played yesterday and that could give a start to their third goalie!

• FlyGuys335

What about the whole taylor hall revenge narrative against his old team?

Im also wondering on a back to back if the lightening can keep the scoring up against a stingy LA team

• Felixxberg

@FlyGuys335 said...

That narrative happened on November 3rd in Edmonton. It could be the opposite now with Larsson having the game of his life in New Jersey.

• FlyGuys335

Yea true i just wonder how salty he is since they lost 6 to 3 and the game was away

• TimmerRC

@FlyGuys335 said...

Im also wondering on a back to back if the lightening can keep the scoring up against a stingy LA team

They did pretty well against a stingy SJ team, so I think they might be ok. Not sure yet if I’ll use them, but I can’t believe they get blanked.

• somanyrings

I watched that game late last night, the lighting looked amazing, but they used a lot of energy , pressing a lot even in the third period, and I saw a stat when the leafs were on a B2B how good quick is at home against teams playing a B2B and the end of that game was ridiculous or quick would have put up much better numbers and people hate playing the late game it seems like

• TimmerRC

So my dilemma for tonight is… how can you NOT play STL1? They will be such chalk, but my God, is there any other line as close to guaranteed to have a big day?

• Felixxberg

@TimmerRC said...

So my dilemma for tonight is… how can you NOT play STL1? They will be such chalk, but my God, is there any other line as close to guaranteed to have a big day?

With a single bullet I would fade them but anyone who plays 10 lineups or more has to have shares of them for sure!

• sizzlebeans

Goalies in LA will be interesting tonight. Miller vs Canucks and Budaj vs LA. Kind of liking VAN and LA to take advantage in those.

• FlyGuys335

Budaj with a .855 save% seems like a no brainer to attack…..the game im on the fence about is Van vs Anh

• TimmerRC

Palmieri back with Hall on NJ1… I’d say he’s a step up over Stafford, so maybe the Hall revenge angle will pay off tonight.

• StPaulMick

Hi guys. I’m going to take some combination of NJD1 or NJD PP1. Devils are outperforming expectations and Oilers have some soul-searching to do and I don’t think they get it sorted out tonight on the road. If I get talked out of that I think at the very least I will have some shares of a solo Taylor Hall. Sorry, I hate saying “naked” Taylor Hall lol

• StPaulMick

I prefer “tastefully nude” lol

• TimmerRC

I’m curious about EDM2… the Nuge line dominated the Henrique line the other day, but with Caggiula out, I’m at a loss to figure out the new winger… someone like Kassian is due for a big game and did decently well last season as a supporter on the top lines, but with Lucic already there, I doubt they would put two big guys on together like that… so… who? Pakarinen???

• tristanwolf

@Felixxberg said...

Also, I’m biased as a Montrealer but they’re at home against a team that played yesterday and that could give a start to their third goalie!

thinking bout stacking up that game. dubnyk is bad on the road and i don’t know if lindgren is for real yet.

• tristanwolf

hmm drouin and shaw questionable might make the lines a little wonky though.

• TimmerRC

I’d love to know if anyone has studied the effects of line changes on immediate performance… for instance, the Habs have terrific Corsi numbers almost across the board, as lines and as individuals. So logically, you could say that moving one winger with a 55% Corsi rate onto a line to replace someone else who ALSO has a 55% Corsi rate should have no impact on the lines performance. But now you have players skating who aren’t as familiar with each other, so how does that lack of familiarity impact the Corsi numbers? After a day or two it would smooth out, but for that first game, does a group of 3 guys with big individual Corsi suddenly become a group with a lesser Corsi?

Food for thought for another day, probs…

• somanyrings

@tristanwolf said...

hmm drouin and shaw questionable might make the lines a little wonky though.

Someone already tweeted drouin is probable and Shaw is in

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

I also like Chicago’s new top line!

YES!!

I actually like that 3rd line, too.

• TeamTarek

chicagos new top line is kane, toews and sharp?

• Felixxberg

@TeamTarek said...

chicagos new top line is kane, toews and sharp?

Yep! And to answer sizzlebeans, I like the 3rd line too but not on a 7 game slate.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).