• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Chicago ( -105 ) at  Philadelphia ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    7:05 PM :  Edmonton ( -125 ) at  New Jersey ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    7:35 PM :  Minnesota ( 0 ) at  Montreal ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Arizona ( 200 ) at  St. Louis ( -240 ) —- T: 200
    9:05 PM :  Detroit ( 145 ) at  Calgary ( -165 ) —- T: 145
    10:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 130 ) at  Anaheim ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    10:35 PM :  Tampa Bay ( 0 ) at  Los Angeles ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• TimmerRC

@bigredfire said...

I am so torn tonight! The game theory/crazy side of me wants to fade STL 1 in tournaments, but the rational/sane side of me knows it’s a mistake. So of course I am going to fade.

The best way to fade STL1 but not fade STL itself, imo, would be to roster Steen and Pietrangelo and maybe someone from PP2 like Sundqvist, and then hope that either Pietrangelo scoops the STL1 goals and that a couple of PP goals go to the secondary members of the PP units

In fact a Steen (5100) Parayko (4400) Sundqvist (3300) trio is only about 60% of the cost of STL1 straight up, allowing you to afford to roster a TB1 or CGY1 or pretty much any other major line.

In crazier would be a STL3 line, as guys like Jaskin and Paajaarvi are all due for some goals.

Lots of ways to plays STL without jut sticking to STL1!

• Felixxberg

RG Overall Ranking

@Zieg30 said...

Good luck!!

Thanks! You too!

• keephustlincuz

Any one playing AA, Mantha and Frk with st1?

Asking for a friend.

• Felixxberg

RG Overall Ranking

@bigredfire said...

I am so torn tonight! The game theory/crazy side of me wants to fade STL 1 in tournaments, but the rational/sane side of me knows it’s a mistake. So of course I am going to fade.

If you’re only playing a few lineups in large GPPs, you have to fade them if you want to have a shot! Otherwise, it’s a very hard fade.

• Felixxberg

RG Overall Ranking

@keephustlincuz said...

Asking for a friend.

I get that they’re on PP1 but 2/3 are also on the 4th line, so their TOI will probably not be high enough to be worth it!

• hautalak

Doing something a bit different tonight. CHI L1 still with my exposure to STL L1. SIngle bullet though.

• hautalak

@keephustlincuz said...

Asking for a friend.

As a bias Wings fan they are always in play haha

• bigredfire

@TimmerRC said...

The best way to fade STL1 but not fade STL itself, imo, would be to roster Steen and Pietrangelo and maybe someone from PP2 like Sundqvist, and then hope that either Pietrangelo scoops the STL1 goals and that a couple of PP goals go to the secondary members of the PP units

I like the Pietrangelo call. Just looking at PPG, I could see other top line combos doing at least as well as STL 1. I think with ownership, in tournaments and leagues, it makes sense to differentiate.

Also, I am only playing 1 tournament and leagues team tonight.

• keephustlincuz

@Felixxberg said...

I get that they’re on PP1 but 2/3 are also on the 4th line, so their TOI will probably not be high enough to be worth it!

They will be pretty much unowned and i doubt cal will worry about putting a good defensive line against them.

• TimmerRC

Pietrangelo has 6 goals, and 5 of them were assisted by STL1, so I like that there are ways to use him to “represent” STL1 and then field two other lines from other teams around him.

• TimmerRC

Anybody see any official word on who takes Caggiula’s spot on EDM2?

• Felixxberg

RG Overall Ranking

Added 3 lineups with the BBB line just to feel less bad if they have a good night!

To keephustlincuz: these are valid points, but I’m not having shares on a 7 game slate!

• Canuckage

Time for BBB line to shine again

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

Added 3 lineups with the BBB line just to feel less bad if they have a good night!

To keephustlincuz: these are valid points, but I’m not having shares on a 7 game slate!

lol…I just faded my few shares to narrow done my LUs to 9 line total across 20 LUs.

• Mrmet8692

Hypothetical here, lets say you max entry the $4 contest on FD tonight ($600) investment, how much should you expect to recover? I would think regaining 50% of the original investment assuming no big hit, would be about right. Anyone have experience with the max entry at that price point?

• goleafsgo14

anyone want to play in a 5 dollar 7 man tourny in my league with my donkey co workers one guy didnt get in and going to screw it up. let meknow for a invite.

• Canuckage

@Mrmet8692 said...

Hypothetical here, lets say you max entry the $4 contest on FD tonight ($600) investment, how much should you expect to recover? I would think regaining 50% of the original investment assuming no big hit, would be about right. Anyone have experience with the max entry at that price point?

It really varies depending on your line ups. Some people mix lineups from all teams whereas some people focus on few main line ups. I do a mix of those two strategy and will recover 30-50% of the original investment if most stuff bricks.

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

@Mrmet8692 said...

Let’s say you don’t have any LUs in the top 5. If you remove the top 5 prizes from the pool, the remaining $29250 is divided among 11899 entries, for $2.46/entry. So, an average result with no top 5 LU would net you $369, or about 61%

• SteveM

@Mrmet8692 said...

I’ve done worse, but yeah – losing half my buyin qualifies as a really bad day.

• Canuckage

Hmm possible overlay for the 100k Penalty Kill on DK. It is wise to yolo single entry there ? :P

• Felixxberg

RG Overall Ranking

@Canuckage said...

Hmm possible overlay for the 100k Penalty Kill on DK. It is wise to yolo single entry there ? :P

It’s a super small overlay though!

• Canuckage

@Felixxberg said...

It’s a super small overlay though!

True essentially rake free tournament at the moment. Will monitor closely

• mathewsmarner

so has anyone mentioned stl 1?

• Felixxberg

RG Overall Ranking

@Mrmet8692 said...

The worst that I lost was $400 out of my $600, but I had multiple +$400 or over, so overall I’d say it’s worth it!

• bigredfire

I usually don’t max in NHL, but in football it’s usually 30-40% for me.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler