7:35 PM :  Philadelphia ( -105 ) at  Ottawa ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    7:35 PM :  Florida ( -115 ) at  Detroit ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    8:05 PM :  Tampa Bay ( 130 ) at  St. Louis ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    8:05 PM :  Edmonton ( -105 ) at  Winnipeg ( -115 ) —- T: -105
    8:35 PM :  New Jersey ( 145 ) at  Chicago ( -165 ) —- T: 145
    9:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( -135 ) at  Arizona ( 115 ) —- T: -135
    9:05 PM :  Columbus ( -135 ) at  Colorado ( 115 ) —- T: -135
    10:05 PM :  Anaheim ( -140 ) at  Vancouver ( 120 ) —- T: -140

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• goldengoat29

Why Ian Cole? One of the sharps in my 50/50 has him too.

• zombiekopitar

@goldengoat29 said...

Why Ian Cole? One of the sharps in my 50/50 has him too.

Because I liked Pitt3 tonight against the Dalass D for a nice contrarian play.
    He plays with them and has been playing well.

I’m pretty freaking mad because I would have just pivoted to Khudobin if I knew, and still be winning the Penalty Kill…..there should be some rule where if the backup gets the start last minute he will be implemented if he costs less.

• goldengoat29

@zombiekopitar said...

Because I liked Pitt3 tonight against the Dalass D for a nice contrarian play.
    He plays with them and has been playing well.

I’m pretty freaking mad because I would have just pivoted to Khudobin if I knew, and still be winning the Penalty Kill…..there should be some rule where if the backup gets the start last minute he will be implemented if he costs less.

Yeah or just start a team’s goalie, like you start a Defense/ST in fantasy football.

• goldengoat29

I mean people have lives. Maybe someone is out to dinner from 6:30-7 and not in a position to check if so so is in net.

• Olhausen

Lit money on fire by starting Rask tonight. Can’t believe I didn’t check back for the first time this year before lock and this shit happens.

• yuda

@goldengoat29 said...

Yeah or just start a team’s goalie, like you start a Defense/ST in fantasy football.

I’ve always liked this idea as well. Plus, if a goalie is injured and removed from the game your LU is still alive.

• Scumpunch

@goldengoat29 said...

This is how FantasyDraft does it.

• bdvratoric

Considered rostering Letestu but he was 4.3k can anyone tell me why he was so much?

• goldengoat29

Do you think I should have gone with those two defensemen and Jenner considering my predicament. This is a 50/50 and I’m currently on the outside looking in save for like one of them.

http://i.imgur.com/Hr1wUlq.png

I was thinking of using MacKinnon or someone more explosive.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@goldengoat29 said...

I don’t like this idea at all. One shouldn’t have to pay the same for a team’s starter as a team’s backup (in most circumstances).

Deciding when to take advantage of the salary reduction in starting a backup is its own strategy.

• Fsudrew17

Wow screwed by the Caps. Ovi and Holtby= $17,100 for 4.60 points

• goldengoat29

@Zieg30 said...

I don’t like this idea at all. One shouldn’t have to pay the same for a team’s starter as a team’s backup (in most circumstances).

Deciding when to take advantage of the salary reduction in starting a backup is its own strategy.

Well they’re pretty much always comparable in price on DraftKings. I tend to play matchup more than anything but I can see your point.

I just wish DraftKings would somehow alert me if so and so was not starting.

ESPN Fantasy Baseball puts a little red box with an exclamation mark alongside the name of hitters who are not in the lineup. I’m sure I would have noticed such a red box next to Rask’s name.

Anyhow, the Islanders improbable eruption on Holtby and Capitals has me dancing. Usually the Islanders take the third period off. I would have surely used Holtby had I known Rask would not go. Now I feel if I lose, I would have been destined to lose, starting netminder or not.

• goldengoat29

SaahilSud used Halak in cash.

Given his reputation I would like to call it prophetic but c’mon that’s dumb luck.

• goldengoat29

Was considering changing to Saad and Seth Jones from Jenner and Erik Johnson just before. Wish I had.

• goldengoat29

That Hanzal is so hot right now

• TicketRaven

I like this alot – this would be cool

• goldengoat29

I wish I knew Draisaitl was with McDavid. He was already mildly enticing playing on the top PP unit against one of the most penalized teams in the NHL.

• deejones49

@goldengoat29 said...

SaahilSud used Halak in cash.

Given his reputation I would like to call it prophetic but c’mon that’s dumb luck.

Can you post the link i almost played Sallysuds tonight

• goldengoat29

I have a picture:

• deejones49

@goldengoat29 said...

I have a picture:

That lineup looks bad i was going to play him on FD

• goldengoat29

@deejones49 said...

That lineup looks bad i was going to play him on FD

His are usually bad but somehow he pulls it off.

I don’t understand his reasoning. He makes the big investment in Ovechkin (as I did). I thought it was imperative to have exposure to Ovechkin somehow. But what I cannot fathom is why he stuck Halak in there? Skaters and goalies may have a symbiotic relationship — shots and saves — but if you are paying top dollar for Ovechkin you are doing so on the basis he will pot a few. The only reason I could think of was he chose the cheapest goaltending option to field the rest of his lineup. If so, he had no conviction Halak would be any good and got lucky with his performance.

• umwoz

Eventually Halak was going to turn it around I could see the angle. What I couldn’t see is why you would want to play Ovi in cash against Halak.

Did my full set of research and felt unsatisfied going into tonight. There was very little I could uncover that you couldn’t arrive at by simply saying “this player is good and this one is bad”. I’m glad I dialed the volume back because I have absolutely no angle on how STL was a good play tonight besides the fact that Tarasenko has that kind of upside every night. Vasilevskiy isn’t generally a goalie I target against.

• goldengoat29

As for me, with this Boone Jenner goal, it’s looking like my failure to have an active netminder will be the difference between me placing across the board and losing all my contests. I was hoping, if I were to lose, to lose by a margin greater than 2 points. What Holtby would have given me.

• keephustlincuz

@goldengoat29 said...

His are usually bad but somehow he pulls it off.

I don’t understand his reasoning. He makes the big investment in Ovechkin (as I did). I thought it was imperative to have exposure to Ovechkin somehow. But what I cannot fathom is why he stuck Halak in there? Skaters and goalies may have a symbiotic relationship — shots and saves — but if you are paying top dollar for Ovechkin you are doing so on the basis he will pot a few. The only reason I could think of was he chose the cheapest goaltending option to field the rest of his lineup. If so, he had no conviction Halak would be any good and got lucky with his performance.

I am guessing his halak and ovie in the same lineup play would be the same logic as people that roster max sherzer and an opposing hitter in mlb. He will strike out 12 or 13 but he usually gives up a solo shot or 2.

• goldengoat29

@keephustlincuz said...

I am guessing his halak and ovie in the same lineup play would be the same logic as people that roster max sherzer and an opposing hitter in mlb. He will strike out 12 or 13 but he usually gives up a solo shot or 2.

The only problem is Halak is not the NHL equivalent of Max Scherzer. Especially on a lousy Islanders team on a B2B against one of the best teams in the league, rested and in their own building.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).