Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Arizona ( 200 ) at  Chicago ( -240 ) —- T: 200
    7:05 PM :  Buffalo ( 0 ) at  St. Louis ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 0 ) at  Toronto ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  Minnesota ( 105 ) at  San Jose ( -125 ) —- T: 105

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• stellagirl

Small slate and a lot of obvious chalk.

Going to try something different today:

$2 bucks worth of .05 and .10 cent lineups with some ridiculous contrarian plays to see if I can luck into a satellite win or two.

• PhoFever

Last night I used the “focused single bullet” approach instead of the “try to cover all possibilities” approach in an effort to end a 3-day losing streak. Picked one lineup in the morning, stuck to my original picks after a lot of toggling and fiddling, and boom…losing streak over. Fading Trocheck/Bjugstaad was key. Gonna roll with this approach for a while. These are my takes for tonight:

-Chicago has to score more than 3 goals eventually. Tonight is the night. I hope to God. Back to DeBrincat for me.
    -The Beard will keep rolling vs. Minny
    -Buffalo is going to score a few tonight, and Risto, with his 30 minutes of ice time, should be a part of it.
    -Auston Matthews is overdue.

Side note: I love how the DFS community keeps trying to pick on Fred Anderson and the Leafs D, and night after night, they shut down the big boys. Seeing the Leafs up 3-0 in the first period yesterday, and then holding Pitt the rest of the way, was a thing of beauty!

• Aparisi33

Schwartz on IR….wonder how this changes the dynamics of the blues

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Seahawktom said...

Side note: I love how the DFS community keeps trying to pick on Fred Anderson and the Leafs D, and night after night, they shut down the big boys. Seeing the Leafs up 3-0 in the first period yesterday, and then holding Pitt the rest of the way, was a thing of beauty!

Would have loved Malkin’s line to do a bit better last night!

As is, some really unlikely stacks won last night, picked by the MMEs. Soderberg, etc.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Today’s contests are weak (normal on a Sunday but still)! I’ll throw 29 lineups in the $8 and 1 in the $33.

• epot

lol i wonder how many gamestacks edm/tor will have?

• keephustlincuz

@epot said...

lol i wonder how many gamestacks edm/tor will have?

Matthews GTD BTW.

• epot

@keephustlincuz said...

Matthews GTD BTW.

thx just caught that…i still see a few goals though

• StPaulMick

@Aparisi33 said...

Schwartz on IR….wonder how this changes the dynamics of the blues

They shook things up bigtime. At first, it looked like Jaskin would just slot in and all else would remain the same. Yeo loaded up the first line now instead: Tara, Stasny and Sobotoka. I’m seeing conflicting reports but it looks like STL2 is Steen Schenn and Jaskin.

EDM TOR is the games stack. My problem there is that EDM is just way too spread out. Draisatl maybe is getting back on track and he has PP1 ice, but he’s way down on third line. Still drawing about 17 minutes of TOI per game in the last 5 though. I think Ted Nugent-Hopkins could be my one-off. While this could be a high-scoring affair (all indications are that it will be), i just don’t see it being a McDavid/Mathews clinic, but instead a secondary scoring situation. I will fade Lucic on principal, so if I do roll McDavid it will be along with Puljvjvjvari. EDM PP1 is a crock in that it draws from all over the place: 4th liner Mark Letestu slots in, jeez that makes it a hard sell for me.

• StPaulMick

My YOLO play tonight is to roll out Alex Staloch in the Shark Tank as a salary saver

• Blahaaron

@StPaulMick said...

They shook things up bigtime. At first, it looked like Jaskin would just slot in and all else would remain the same. Yeo loaded up the first line now instead: Tara, Stasny and Sobotoka. I’m seeing conflicting reports but it looks like STL2 is Steen Schenn and Jaskin.

EDM TOR is the games stack. My problem there is that EDM is just way too spread out. Draisatl maybe is getting back on track and he has PP1 ice, but he’s way down on third line. Still drawing about 17 minutes of TOI per game in the last 5 though. I think Ted Nugent-Hopkins could be my one-off. While this could be a high-scoring affair (all indications are that it will be), i just don’t see it being a McDavid/Mathews clinic, but instead a secondary scoring situation. I will fade Lucic on principal, so if I do roll McDavid it will be along with Puljvjvjvari. EDM PP1 is a crock in that it draws from all over the place: 4th liner Mark Letestu slots in, jeez that makes it a hard sell for me.

Tarasenko, Stastny and Sobotka have been the first line since the shake up. The only thing that has changed is Jaskin moved up from the 4th line to play with Schenn and Steen.

And FWIW the coach said this is the best hockey Jaskin has played in his career (as a blues)

• PhoFever

Toronto can still score w/o Matthews, but damn, I hope he plays, my whole lineup is structured around him. And you know if he’s out, Babcock will try some silly wizardry like putting Komarov on line 1 or something.

What do you think Kane’s ownership will be tonight? That may be the way to go sans Matthews.

• StPaulMick

@Blahaaron said...

And FWIW the coach said this is the best hockey Jaskin has played in his career (as a blues)

Damn…They’re not even going to look at Schwartz for another six weeks. That’s rough. If Jaskin plays well maybe he will keep that spot from being a revolving door.

• StPaulMick

@Seahawktom said...

What do you think Kane’s ownership will be tonight? That may be the way to go sans Matthews.

15 to 20 %. He’s an easy fade for me tonight tho, b/c I like CHI1 better. If Kane doesn’t take the night off like I hope he does I’ll be in for an early night of Netflix.

• Blahaaron

@Seahawktom said...

Toronto can still score w/o Matthews, but damn, I hope he plays, my whole lineup is structured around him. And you know if he’s out, Babcock will try some silly wizardry like putting Komarov on line 1 or something.

Watching Kaner play the last few games I have the feeling he isn’t his normal self. Might be some nagging injury. He just isn’t aa dominant anymore. He will have high ownership because he’s Patrick Kane and he can score any time. I just am not feeling it.

• Blahaaron

I’m catching SJ1 and Burns during the middle of their resurgence along with STL2.

• epot

now Pietrangelo out

• Yacht67

So whats going on with Matthews?

• StPaulMick

I think the Mathews thing is just theatrics. He’s gonna play. Too much of a hyped game to sit it out.

• epot

@StPaulMick said...

I think the Mathews thing is just theatrics. He’s gonna play. Too much of a hyped game to sit it out.

he took a hit during pit’s 3rd goal last night “jammed his wrist” FWIW

• TJF74

It’s Brandon Saad bobblehead night. He has cooled off a bit since a hot start, but I like his chances for a multi goal game tonight against the Desert Dogs.

• MrValentine57

Thanks, almost rostered him

• kirby34

Has anyone used Moneypuck.com? How accurate is it?

• Blahaaron

Feels like an Arizona beats Chicago night. I’ll play em.

• Blahaaron

@Blahaaron said...

Feels like an Arizona beats Chicago night. I’ll play em.

I don’t get why everyone is so high on Chicago over Arizona. Chicago has one more win in the last 10 games than Arizona. Chicago is crap defensively and their forwards are struggling. I guess I’ll be the contrarian here. Chicago kind of gets a pass by many people despite how terrible they’ve been playing. They don’t pass my smell test. Neither team is good mind you, but chicago is gonna be so heavily favoured tonight. I hope it’s a huge bust.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).