Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Vegas ( -140 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( 120 ) —- T: 6u-15
    8:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( 0 ) at  Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:35 PM :  Philadelphia ( 150 ) at  Calgary ( -170 ) —- T: 6o-25
    10:05 PM :  Dallas ( -110 ) at  Anaheim ( -110 ) —- T: 5½u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• yisman

like yesterday, no real value in net

I don’t want to use Stolarz and I definitely don’t want to use Crawford, but the goalies are overpriced

Gibson for 7900? I’d rather use Crawford/Stolarz for the savings.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@yisman said...

but the goalies are overpriced

I’ve been harping on this all year. I’m like you and like to find the “value” Gs as well and very rarely play anybody over 8K (unless circumstances lead me there).

I did play a Smith tonight because it’s the Flyers and CGY L2 is really cheap now. Otherwise I’m trotting out Lehner and Bishop (gulp…).

• yisman

very few scenarios where it’s worth paying 8000+ for a goalie (expanding to Yahoo, 35+)

every night now there are goalies over 8000 and almost none of them make sense at the price.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

@yisman said...

very few scenarios where it’s worth paying 8000+ for a goalie (expanding to Yahoo, 35+)

every night now there are goalies over 8000 and almost none of them make sense at the price.

100% right here! I will never take Andersen (well I won’t say never) at over 8K because no matter your thoughts on him he has potential to give up 3-5 a night more than any other goalie in the top range. I avoid Rinne for the most part to but I think a case could be made for playing him, although I never find it worth the “risk” since G’s can sink your team like a top dollar pitcher.

Gimme reasonable goalie pricing back!!!

• PhoFever

@yisman said...

What about when a goalie becomes so outrageously priced that he ironically becomes a good GPP play? This might be Fleury for today on Yahoo ($39). If you can find the value in your skaters, then Fleury might end up being the highest scoring goalie on the slate, and help you leap the field. I think it’s worth the risk, seeing how a lot of people are going to be paying up on offense for PIT1/2 and DAL1. I’m pretty confident that PIT is capable of ending the Blackhawks losing streak, and I’m pretty confident that Dallas could get shut down by Gibson on the road (or at the very least get nothing more than couple of Janmark and Pitlick goals).

• yisman

@PhoFever said...

What about when a goalie becomes so outrageously priced that he ironically becomes a good GPP play? This might be Fleury for today on Yahoo ($39). If you can find the value in your skaters, then Fleury might end up being the highest scoring goalie on the slate, and help you leap the field. I think it’s worth the risk, seeing how a lot of people are going to be paying up on offense for PIT1/2 and DAL1. I’m pretty confident that PIT is capable of ending the Blackhawks losing streak, and I’m pretty confident that Dallas could get shut down by Gibson on the road (or at the very least get nothing more than couple of Janmark and Pitlick goals).

you could say that whenever a guy is obviously overpriced. Lower ownership for sure.

On Yahoo, there’s always a few guys 10-14 who are underpriced and allow you to overspend at goalie.

Many times on Yahoo I struggle with how to spend the salary. The choices are (example that sticks) use Burns at $5 too expensive (he was over 30) or use a goalie $5 too expensive. I don’t like to leave more than 3.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I changed my mind. Going with something more logical.

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

100% right here! I will never take Andersen (well I won’t say never) at over 8K because no matter your thoughts on him he has potential to give up 3-5 a night more than any other goalie in the top range. I avoid Rinne for the most part to but I think a case could be made for playing him, although I never find it worth the “risk” since G’s can sink your team like a top dollar pitcher.

Gimme reasonable goalie pricing back!!!

Hautalak, I meant to respond to your Yahoo golf post on the other thread that has since disappeared. I actually won 3 bucks in the year long Yahoo freeroll and had a couple weekly cashes along the way. I was just using the optimizer most of the time, so no skill whatsoever. What you say about the scoring makes sense, though. One thing I discovered was that I didn’t enjoy score checking as much as in other sports. Points coming and going so quickly and in such vast amounts…it felt pointless to check your score over the four days other than during the cuts on Saturday, then towards the end on Sunday. Maybe that’s just the nature of golf, and gold DFS.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

Interesting story, Keith and Seabrook set to play their 1000th game TOGETHER

no defensive pairing has ever come close to this number.

• gairz

I’m having a rough time making lineups tonight. Not sure what it is but goalies are not looking very good either. Anybody else having these issues? I feel its going to be either boom or bust for me tonight.
    Hoping for the.

• tristanwolf

the kane debrincat strome line is too appealing. blackhawks gonna kill me again?

• yisman

Yahoo goalie is no fun today :(

usually it’s easier over there. Today it’s like DK. My DK goalie was going to be Murray just because he was still tagged as injured but the tag is gone and he isn’t starting, so…

• canuck1995

@tristanwolf said...

the kane debrincat strome line is too appealing. blackhawks gonna kill me again?

where you seeing the lines? Yesterday Kane played with Kampf and Kahun, Debrincat was with Strome/Perlini

• bodzer74

Stolarz is the play tonight

• SoreOnSunday

@tristanwolf said...

Is that the line combo im seeing different..

• stellagirl

No mini-max so rolling 30-ish lineups in the .10 satties. Up to about a dozen $3 and $8 tickets for the snowman and outdoor showdown.

Rolling VGK, NYI, PIT, and CGY. I REALLY like NYI in this spot, with Vegas’s road/home splits, and they are cheap to boot. Some of you really like the Kane line for CHI…… NYI is my CHI tonight.

Other than value defensemen or goalie, I have literally ZERO PHI, DAL, CHI, or ANA.

DeSmith, Bishop, and Gibson are my netminders. Full fade of MAF (I feel that strongly about NYI)

Good luck all!!

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@SoreOnSunday said...

Is that the line combo im seeing different..

It’s either Strome or Kahun with Kane. LWL has one and DFO the other.

• Felixxberg

@canuck1995 and SoreOnSunday: They started with different lines but ended up playing Kane-Strome-DeBrincat for most of the game, as you can see on LWL (https://leftwinglock.com/line-combinations/chicago-blackhawks/?team=chicago-blackhawks&strength=EV&gametype=1)

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

@canuck1995 and SoreOnSunday: They started with different lines but ended up playing Kane-Strome-DeBrincat for most of the game, as you can see on LWL (https://leftwinglock.com/line-combinations/chicago-blackhawks/?team=chicago-blackhawks&strength=EV&gametype=1)

But what about L1. Was it Hayden or Perlini? Hayden played with Toews and Saad longer, but the real question is when that was, early or late in the game!?

• canuck1995

@Felixxberg said...

Awesome thank you. And I’m hoping things go a bit differently than you Stellagirl. I have a pretty good amount of Fleury. I spread out a lot on small slates but Fleury was my favourite at his price. Not a big believer in the Islanders

• BigA

D, Sikura in for the hawks at 2500 on dk.

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

but the real question is when that was, early or late in the game!?

I don’t know how to find that info! I don’t have GameCenter anymore so I can’t go there and watch.

• yisman

the 25 man contest I created after the first two filled fell just short of filling, unfortunately. An hour before lock it was 19/25. It probably got to 22 or 23. Too bad. I had one lineup in a 20 man and another lineup in the 25 man.

We can try again tomorrow to fill a bigger contest. We should be able to do 30 or even 35 on a Thursday.

Here are the 20 entry ones we filled:

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/66217453
    https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/66210810

The Penguins officially placed Hornqvist on IR.

• yisman

@CRoumeliotis
    13m13 minutes ago
    More Charlie Roumeliotis Retweeted the boy who lives
    Lines TBD until warmups, but Jeremy Colliton said Kane and Strome will start together tonight. #Blackhawks

• tristanwolf

ahh dang i was busy with nba forgot to donate to forum again.

hawks beat writer tracey meyers said it appears the kane strome debrincat is what they are going with

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).