7:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 155 ) at  Carolina ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    7:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( -120 ) at  Buffalo ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    7:35 PM :  San Jose ( -115 ) at  Toronto ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    7:35 PM :  Arizona ( 0 ) at  Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 110 ) at  Nashville ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    8:05 PM :  Florida ( 125 ) at  Minnesota ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    8:35 PM :  Anaheim ( -120 ) at  Dallas ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    9:05 PM :  Columbus ( -105 ) at  Edmonton ( -115 ) —- T: -105

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• bdvratoric

@deejones49 said...

Devan Dubnyk, Jimmy Howard Cam Ward which one for cash leaning towards Ward

Wards home numbers are very good.

I’m currently using Dubnyk, FLA has one of the lowest scoring rates at 5v5 on the slate and MIN has the 3rd lowest against.

• goldengoat29

I was going to say Saahil would use Zetterberg tonight but he’s usually on top of injuries and scratches. I’m sure he’ll have no reservations about Evander and Risto against the Kings.

• cplatt87

@deejones49 said...

Devan Dubnyk, Jimmy Howard Cam Ward which one for cash leaning towards Ward

Howard is waaaaay too expensive and inconsistent for me to trust in cash games. I’m rolling with Ward tonight since he’s cheaper but Dubnyk is also a fine play.

• TicketRaven

This message board went from 6, 7, or 8 deep pages to one. There is something strange and not good about DFS. Maybe its just me. I have been reading alot on twitter and here and NBA and NFL and things are definately different in high scores, and “taxing” rake on the games and more . . . not sure what is up, but it doesn’t seem to be on the level.

Anyway – I have the Jackets line and the Ward in goal and some Sabres

• TimmerRC

We’re not dead, yet!

I’m liking Anaheim tonight, and Ari has a contrarian pick if Zetts ends up being out.

• kdub

I really wish I knew if Z was playing tonight or not…

• TJF74

Riley Sheahan seems like the value play tonight, especially if Zetterberg is out. 29 games without a goal after scoring 14 and 13 the last two seasons. He’s due to find the back of the twine.

• deejones49

@kdub said...

I really wish I knew if Z was playing tonight or not…

What about Howard

• BDholla89

• x2

2017 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@deejones49 said...

What about Howard

Howard is confirmed

• kdub

@deejones49 said...

What about Howard

love me some howard tonight, cant figure out the wings lines though… i hate seeing Sheahan in the top 6…..

• croy31

whats the best strategy on big night slates?

• goldengoat29

Larkin is my favorite Wing tonight, in no small part to his being their most talented player, but tough to sensibly weave into my lineup.

• goldengoat29

I have a feeling Zetts will play tonight but what the hell do I know.

• goldengoat29

I hope this isn’t one of those 19 saves on 22 shots games for Ward.

• trammal11

It definitely is not what it was pre New York ban. I think the increase in rake is a large reason. College football was also a big loss. Seems like the pool of people playing is about a 1/3 of what it was. The big rake and professionals taking 6-7 spots in every 10 person league doesn’t help. It also makes it difficult for bank rolls. I made about 15k last year. This year probably down 5k.

• goldengoat29

Yeah F_ Schneiderman.

Has the rake only risen in tournaments? Same old in cash.

• NextSignal

fuuuuuuu I missed that McDonagh news.

• yuda

Ladd skating with Tavares and Bailey? I didn’t see any news on that, I stacked Nelson with them.

• yuda

Go Canes!

• yountingly

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #27

RG Tiered Ranking

@TicketRaven said...

This message board went from 6, 7, or 8 deep pages to one. There is something strange and not good about DFS. Maybe its just me. I have been reading alot on twitter and here and NBA and NFL and things are definately different in high scores, and “taxing” rake on the games and more . . . not sure what is up, but it doesn’t seem to be on the level.

Anyway – I have the Jackets line and the Ward in goal and some Sabres

I’ll speak for myself who was pretty active in here early on. Between, work and now how busy I am on days off with the holidays, I have little time to post let alone research to make lus. I’ve taken several nights off lately and actually have played more NBA in last 2 weeks than NHL to keep things fresh. I was off today but between, finishing shopping, then food shopping, doing the Xmas cards, taking the kids for haircuts, homework and then dinner, I sat down at 6:40 and made 3 gpps for the big DK forecheck and then a cash lu on FD that I put in 3 of those 113 man single entry ones that weren’t filled.

I went maybe chalky. Not sure. I went Howard in all except. I stacked ovi line with Car.which is off to nice start. Have some wings, the Tarasenko line and then some Ducks2.

• yuda

Matthews 6.9% in the Line Change Special. Thought he and his line would be much higher owned.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@yuda said...

Matthews 6.9% in the Line Change Special. Thought he and his line would be much higher owned.

Would love a Hyman hat trick tonight with some line assists!

I was actually focusing on other Toronto lines tonight, but then I read Jaywilly’s writeup of Matthews and saw that he was no longer with Connor Brown, so I threw an entry in with him.

• yuda

@Zieg30 said...

I was actually focusing on other Toronto lines tonight, but then I read Jaywilly’s writeup of Matthews and saw that he was no longer with Connor Brown, so I threw an entry in with him.

Yes, I have a ton of that line!

• y2mulder

Red Wings ZERO shots in 12 minutes against the Yotes.

• yuda

@Zieg30 said...

I was rostering the Marner line quite a bit earlier this year but now it seems like Marner has been getting dropped to the 4th line a lot mid-game, especially when they have a lead.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).