7:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 155 ) at  Carolina ( -175 ) —- T: 155
    7:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( -120 ) at  Buffalo ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    7:35 PM :  San Jose ( -115 ) at  Toronto ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    7:35 PM :  Arizona ( 0 ) at  Detroit ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 110 ) at  Nashville ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    8:05 PM :  Florida ( 125 ) at  Minnesota ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    8:35 PM :  Anaheim ( -120 ) at  Dallas ( 100 ) —- T: -120
    9:05 PM :  Columbus ( -105 ) at  Edmonton ( -115 ) —- T: -105

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• goldengoat29

Putting Ward in over Dubnyk to get Vanek in over Nyquist may cost me.

• goldengoat29

Lesson of the night: never trust a shitty goalie just because he’s in a favorable matchup.

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

@yuda said...

I was rostering the Marner line quite a bit earlier this year but now it seems like Marner has been getting dropped to the 4th line a lot mid-game, especially when they have a lead.

Nah, it hasn’t happened a lot. Just in one game, against the Avs I believe.

Mike Babcock keeps saying that they have 10 guys for 9 spots, so there will always be a “non-4th liner” on the 4th line. At the moment it is Soshnikov.

• Olhausen

@goldengoat29 said...

I hope this isn’t one of those 19 saves on 22 shots games for Ward.

Nope just one of those 25 shots and basically no saves nights.

• goldengoat29

@Olhausen said...

Nope just one of those 25 shots and basically no saves nights.

Yeah I would have taken a 19 of 22 game. I hope I don’t lose tonight because I wasn’t really a fan of Ward. I would rather go down with the guys I had a lot of faith in than lose by the guys I was chary of using.

• Zieg30

@goldengoat29 said...

Yeah I would have taken a 19 of 22 game. I hope I don’t lose tonight because I wasn’t really a fan of Ward. I would rather go down with the guys I had a lot of faith in than lose by the guys I was chary of using.

does Ward have 15 saves or 10 saves? Yahoo sports is showing 15 saves on 18 SA, DK is showing 10 saves.

• goldengoat29

@Zieg30 said...

does Ward have 15 saves or 10 saves? Yahoo sports is showing 15 saves on 18 SA, DK is showing 10 saves.

And ESPN is showing 13 saves

• yuda

@Scumpunch said...

Nah, it hasn’t happened a lot. Just in one game, against the Avs I believe.

Mike Babcock keeps saying that they have 10 guys for 9 spots, so there will always be a “non-4th liner” on the 4th line. At the moment it is Soshnikov.

Yeah, looking back at LWL, I think my bias from that Avs game impacted my thought process. I thought that line was broken up in the Bruins game also but looking at the log again, that line was together 17% of the time.

• Zieg30

The DFS Gods are looking like they’re going to screw with my mind again tonight. After Rask losing the SO with 2 min left (while ultimately still getting the win, so what a waste!) cost me a decent cash last night, my tinker with 15 minutes left before lock replacing Dubnyk with Ward in my Rask-line/Faulk/Matthews-line stack is looking like it could cost me a big cash. I need Dubnyk to get destroyed right now, or for the Rask-line/Matthews-line to stop scoring.

Ahhhhh…. This is gonna hurt.

• yuda

My main LU tonight was a stack of the Matthews-Skinner lines. However, I rostered Ward also. Would it be wise to make two LU’s with the same stacks but switch goalies when possible?

• Zieg30

@yuda said...

My main LU tonight was a stack of the Matthews-Skinner lines. However, I rostered Ward also. Would it be wise to make two LU’s with the same stacks but switch goalies when possible?

I create two lineups of every stack combination in the forecheck, using a different goalie in each of the two. I don’t do that in the bigger-entry tournaments, like tonight’s $33.

• dude_abides7

@yuda said...

I wish I did…sitting 6th in the 1 timer @161.20 with Ward’s fat -4.

https://www.fanduel.com/games/17305/contests/17305-205170334/entries/1111483610/scoring?entry=1111483610

• goldengoat29

Now can they just bring in Ward to close this one out. Have him skate in to Enter Sandman like Mariano Rivera.

• goldengoat29

Scoreboard said it was 2-1, I was like good the Panthers scored. Now I see the scoreboard says 3-0, apparently the Wild’s latest tally was miscredited to the Panthers.

• goldengoat29

14 goals in the Canes/Canucks tilt. Jeez.

• Heterodox

@goldengoat29 said...

Putting Ward in over Dubnyk to get Vanek in over Nyquist may cost me.

guy leading the QA right now has Ward and a Van stack. He won’t hold, but still.

• Heterodox

@goldengoat29 said...

Now can they just bring in Ward to close this one out. Have him skate in to Enter Sandman like Mariano Rivera.

uh did they actually do that? He grabbed two more saves.

• dude_abides7

@Heterodox said...

uh did they actually do that? He grabbed two more saves.

Those were backlogged. ESPN had it right I think.

• deejones49

Got 3 players with no points and Ward still cashing hold lol

• J2B

Howard and Ward are safe tonight guys

• Heterodox

@J2B said...

Howard and Ward are safe tonight guys

I wouldn’t have told you Howard, but the Ward thing is a fluke. I’m lucky I didn’t end up playing my full complement of lineups tonight, or I’d have had at least a bit of him. Honestly, I didn’t really like anyone tonight though.

Also, safe is a relative term in DFS. No one is ever truly safe.

• kirby34

Has anyone received points for Skinner’s assist in the 3rd?

• Zieg30

Yup. Changed from the 2nd place lineup with my Dubnyk to Ward switch to a 6th place lineup in the Line Change. Can’t be too upset with that finish, but boy I’d have preferred the extra $5,000 had I not tinkered. Don’t.tinker.

• Zieg30

Interestingly, all 8 of the top lineups in the Line Change paired the Rask line with a different co-stack. Rare for that to be possible, but no other stack truly differentiated itself tonight.

• deejones49

@kirby34 said...

Has anyone received points for Skinner’s assist in the 3rd?

No NHL.com and ESPN have him with an assist it has not been added

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.