7:05 PM :  New Jersey ( 115 ) at  Ottawa ( -135 ) —- T: 115
    7:05 PM :  Montreal ( 150 ) at  Washington ( -170 ) —- T: 150
    7:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -125 ) at  Toronto ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    7:05 PM :  Buffalo ( -110 ) at  Carolina ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    7:05 PM :  Anaheim ( -140 ) at  Detroit ( 120 ) —- T: -140
    8:05 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 100 ) at  Nashville ( -120 ) —- T: 100
    8:05 PM :  Chicago ( 110 ) at  St. Louis ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    10:05 PM :  Tampa Bay ( 130 ) at  Edmonton ( -150 ) —- T: 130

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Joda

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #38

RG Tiered Ranking

Tough slate to find a goalie. Who do you trust?

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

Holtby at home against a one line team for $7.5k

• Joda

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #38

RG Tiered Ranking

Yes, on DraftKings Holtby is almost a free square at $7,500. However, on FanDuel he is $9,500 while pitted against Carey Price.

• Wammer44

@Joda said...

Tough slate to find a goalie. Who do you trust?

…..

• dude_abides7

@Joda said...

Yes, on DraftKings Holtby is almost a free square at $7,500. However, on FanDuel he is $9,500 while pitted against Carey Price.

As of yesterday the Habs were committed to Montoya for the start tonight. That said, since Price was pulled (and publicly not happy about it) they may pivot on that.

• Trevmitch27

I have no idea what to do at goalie tonight on FD, Price vs. Holtby is a wash… especially a pissed of price, who knows what could happen. I keep falling on Mrazek and I don’t want to.

• umwoz

Hate that I work today and won’t have time to put lineups together. Been easily my best week for NHL DFS even if you exclude the late Breakaway win. I’ve learned my lesson entering lineups without putting the work in due to lack of time already.

• dude_abides7

@umwoz said...

Hate that I work today and won’t have time to put lineups together. Been easily my best week for NHL DFS even if you exclude the late Breakaway win. I’ve learned my lesson entering lineups without putting the work in due to lack of time already.

I agree, but here is the thing…..

To consistently cash I certainly do better when I put in my due diligence. There is no substitution for putting in the time and research. That said, some of my highest and most profitable scores have been on hastily constructed “single bullets” that I entered just to have something to sweat later on. I think overthinking gets in the way just as much as under-thinking.

• Joda

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #38

RG Tiered Ranking

@dude_abides7 said...

As of yesterday the Habs were committed to Montoya for the start tonight. That said, since Price was pulled (and publicly not happy about it) they may pivot on that.

Carey Price was already confirmed last night – https://twitter.com/amandacstein/status/809964609528627200

• yuda

Still no Brad Hunt on FD. Do they only update NHL rosters once a month or what?

• goldengoat29

I wonder if you guys could help me with this (somewhat) related dilemma:

Leading my opponent in all three goaltending categories for the week~

Wins: I have 2, my opponent has 1
    GAA: Mine is 1.50, his is 2.00
    SV%: Mine is .9545, his is .9286

Now he has Holtby going tonight for his last goaltending start. Since my Dubnyk is sitting, I picked up Kuemper.

I figure the Caps will win and he’ll tie me in Wins. He could also tie me in GAA should Holtby only allow 1 goal. He will win the category should Holtby only allow 1 goal in an overtime game. SV% is hard for him to catch me in unless Holtby gets a shutout or like a 37 of 38 save performance.

Do think it is too risky to use Kuemper? I think he has a very strong likelihood of getting the win and holding down the category for me but it may come at the expense of the other two categories.

• dude_abides7

@yuda said...

Still no Brad Hunt on FD. Do they only update NHL rosters once a month or what?

My first thought today was to punt Hunt to get Senko and McDavid in the same LU. Naturally, FD is asleep at the wheel as always. Guy is on the damn PP1 and not in the player pool. smh

• goldengoat29

Perhaps I should have Kuempered my expectations. I am using him.

• Heterodox

@Joda said...

Carey Price was already confirmed last night – https://twitter.com/amandacstein/status/809964609528627200

So he screws up a third of my lineups last night, then tanks my plans for today. Fuck him.

• NextSignal

Leftwinglock with some funky Rangers lines right now.

• deejones49

@NextSignal said...

Leftwinglock with some funky Rangers lines right now.

Those lines are not right Pirri is out dfo has the right lines

• gbiancone

Justin Schultz appreciation night?

• keephustlincuz

With fluery starting that pens leafs game makes for a great stack.

• Zieg30

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

The old Tatar/Berglund nuts night.

• tristanwolf

Kane-panarin-anisimov 5% tonight. That line is like a min cash guarantee more often than not,

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).