• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Anaheim ( 105 ) at  New Jersey ( -125 ) —- T: 105
    7:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( 100 ) at  Philadelphia ( -120 ) —- T: 100
    7:05 PM :  Columbus ( 110 ) at  Boston ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    9:05 PM :  Pittsburgh ( -160 ) at  Colorado ( 140 ) —- T: -160
    9:05 PM :  San Jose ( 115 ) at  Edmonton ( -135 ) —- T: 115

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• sizzlebeans

NFL beat my ass yesterday. Probably going to have to stick to cash game in NHL to build some BR back up. Maybe single enter the 2 Man again, since that worked out alright last night.

• wolfinballgame

I do not like when the king’s or the sharks play.

• savedatmoneyquan

Going to Pens Avs lets hope its another high scoring affair

• keephustlincuz

@savedatmoneyquan said...

Going to Pens Avs lets hope its another high scoring affair

I have stacked every col home game this year and will continue to do so until they adjust the pricing.

Ratanen at 4500 is a joke.

• PhoFever

@sizzlebeans said...

NFL beat my ass yesterday. Probably going to have to stick to cash game in NHL to build some BR back up. Maybe single enter the 2 Man again, since that worked out alright last night.

I’ve almost given up on on the NFL. Down to playing 1 contest a week, usually a $1 H2H, and I can’t even win those anymore…scored 145 yesterday and my opponent scored 159. Sheesh.

For tonight, what to make of EDM vs. possibly Couture-less Sharks? They are such an on-again, off-again team. Regarldess, I think I’m going to have to take the plunge and go about 80% exposure to Connie Mac.

• savedatmoneyquan

@keephustlincuz said...

I have stacked every col home game this year and will continue to do so until they adjust the pricing.

Yeah way too cheap given his role, Compher cheap as well. Pens been better on the PK so will be an interesting game.

• Blahaaron

I like NJD2 and LAK3

• Blahaaron

@Seahawktom said...

I’ve almost given up on on the NFL. Down to playing 1 contest a week, usually a $1 H2H, and I can’t even win those anymore…scored 145 yesterday and my opponent scored 159. Sheesh.

For tonight, what to make of EDM vs. possibly Couture-less Sharks? They are such an on-again, off-again team. Regarldess, I think I’m going to have to take the plunge and go about 80% exposure to Connie Mac.

Couture is their best player at digging for pucks in the corners. And he is very physical. This gives Edmonton a pretty big boost. But I still like Dell as my goalie and Burns as my d man. Still one of the best PPs in the league lately.

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

@Blahaaron said...

I like NJD2 and LAK3

You must be looking at the wrong LA lines if you’re considering rostering anyone in their bottom 6

• sizzlebeans

Anyone know anything about this?

Hornqvist and Simon are absent from the morning skate

https://twitter.com/PensInsideScoop/status/942825806287355904

• Blahaaron

@Scumpunch said...

You must be looking at the wrong LA lines if you’re considering rostering anyone in their bottom 6

Nope. I like the Gaborik line. Obviously not as my main line. But if you’re matching lines you need a cheaper one.

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

@Blahaaron said...

Nope. I like the Gaborik line. Obviously not as my main line. But if you’re matching lines you need a cheaper one.

I’m seeing Gaborik on the first line with Kopitar and Brown.

• mathewsmarner

@keephustlincuz said...

funny u should say cause i stacked col (inculding seymon) but no rantanan or kerfoot for that matter

• Blahaaron

@Scumpunch said...

I’m seeing Gaborik on the first line with Kopitar and Brown.

Early this morning when I was making lines it was Gaborik, Mitchell and Jokinen. But yes it looks like they changed. I am gonna keep it as is though. Maybe I’ll get lucky for the amount of money they cost.

• Faucher

• Blogger of the Month

This slate does not have much appeal. Other than the Pitt/Col game think the under will hit in the other 4 games.

• tuukkatime1989

I would love being able to play one $50 h2h on dk thats not vs the same 4 people :(

• Blahaaron

@Faucher said...

This slate does not have much appeal. Other than the Pitt/Col game think the under will hit in the other 4 games.

COL and PIT played last week and Bernier won 2 to 1. Which is why I am hesitant at using any of the players in this game other than maybe the goalies.

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

@tuukkatime1989 said...

I would love being able to play one $50 h2h on dk thats not vs the same 4 people :(

Shouldn’t be too hard, given that DK lets you block up to 10 players.

• Ryanoss

• 2015 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Scumpunch said...

I don’t know…. I have that line as a top 35 option on this slate…

• Blahaaron

I’ve seen very unlikely lines help players win GPPs. The people that win a lot are the ones willing to try different lines while everyone else goes for the safest options.
    Like last nights Calgary3 going off. I’m sure some smart guy would have said what are u crazy, if I mentioned playing that line. Well they went off and kicked most of our butts. You never know what unlikely line it’s gonna be.

• MakinItkane9

Not sure why people don’t like this slate. Edmonton, Phi, Col, Pit healthy boston this could be an explosive night

• Felixxberg

RG Overall Ranking

@Blahaaron said...

I’ve seen very unlikely lines help players win GPPs. The people that win a lot are the ones willing to try different lines while everyone else goes for the safest options.
    Like last nights Calgary3 going off. I’m sure some smart guy would have said what are u crazy, if I mentioned playing that line. Well they went off and kicked most of our butts. You never know what unlikely line it’s gonna be.

It’s too hard to guess which one it will be though. I have seen Testosterown use a strategy a lot of times that consists in picking a super expensive line (ie. BOS1) and mixing it with a lot of 3rd lines. That way, you can have BOS1 with expensive Ds, which normally isn’t possible. The only bad thing is that you have to be willing to lose a lot when your expensive line doesn’t hit. It’s a strategy that I would use if entering more lineups, or on a smaller slate, or in a huge contest.

• sizzlebeans

@Blahaaron said...

Like last nights Calgary3 going off. I’m sure some smart guy would have said what are u crazy, if I mentioned playing that line

I played that line last night (Jank/Bennett only) with my single bullet in the 2 man adv. Glad I don’t ask “smart guys” for advice, lol. They were a good play against a depleted VAN bottom 6. CGY is also better on the road lately it seems, and they were likely to be low owned. For a single shot, you have to play lines like that.

I’m using a 3rd line (or parts of one) again tonight for my single entry as well.

• Blahaaron

@Felixxberg said...

It’s too hard to guess which one it will be though. I have seen Testosterown use a strategy a lot of times that consists in picking a super expensive line (ie. BOS1) and mixing it with a lot of 3rd lines. That way, you can have BOS1 with expensive Ds, which normally isn’t possible. The only bad thing is that you have to be willing to lose a lot when your expensive line doesn’t hit. It’s a strategy that I would use if entering more lineups, or on a smaller slate, or in a huge contest.

That’s why Tesosterown wins the big money. He takes those risks that most of us won’t take. This is gambling. You gotta take big risks to win big. I’m gonna give it a try for a week, in the quarter jukebox. I totally understand not having a big enough bankroll to go crazy with 3rd and 4th lines. But if it works for Testosterown, it can work for us.

• Blahaaron

@sizzlebeans said...

I played that line last night (Jank/Bennett only) with my single bullet in the 2 man adv. Glad I don’t ask “smart guys” for advice, lol. They were a good play against a depleted VAN bottom 6. CGY is also better on the road lately it seems, and they were likely to be low owned. For a single shot, you have to play lines like that.

I’m using a 3rd line (or parts of one) again tonight for my single entry as well.

That is decent! Lol. Good luck tonight. Hope you picked another 3rd line that does good.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler