7:05 PM :  Florida ( 110 ) at  Buffalo ( -130 ) —- T: 6o-15
    8:05 PM :  San Jose ( 105 ) at  Minnesota ( -125 ) —- T: 6o-20
    8:35 PM :  Calgary ( -120 ) at  Dallas ( 100 ) —- T: 6o-15
    8:35 PM :  Nashville ( -152 ) at  Chicago ( 137 ) —- T: 5½o-30
    9:05 PM :  St. Louis ( 137 ) at  Edmonton ( -152 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    9:05 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 105 ) at  Arizona ( -125 ) —- T: 6u-25
    10:05 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -180 ) at  Vancouver ( 160 ) —- T: 6½u-10
    10:35 PM :  Winnipeg ( -170 ) at  Los Angeles ( 150 ) —- T: 6u-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Felixxberg

Only 5 spots left in the $888 contest, if anyone wanted to enter it! 4 hours before lock, so I guess they were scared it wouldn’t fill. The $88 is already full, so they opened a $44 one. I kind of like the fact that they underestimated participation, because it makes the contests more “winnable”.

• yisman

@Felixxberg said...

Only 5 spots left in the $888 contest, if anyone wanted to enter it! 4 hours before lock, so I guess they were scared it wouldn’t fill. The $88 is already full, so they opened a $44 one. I kind of like the fact that they underestimated participation, because it makes the contests more “winnable”.

yeah I said last night I thought the 888 was too small

when someone asked last week I estimated 350-400 because that’s what made sense given the big slate. 200 was clearly too small and it showed as it filled hours before lock.

Tons of tickets out there and they only made it 200? Bizarre. Maybe they’ll post a second, smaller one.

Going back to goalie value, I’d say Hart first, Ward second, Georgiev third.

I entered the $8 early because I wanted to get that deal for the $2 back but I didn’t enter the $888 and I won’t be playing unless they re-post.

As for Dallas, Gurianov worth a try at 2900 in case he sticks with Seguin.

• Felixxberg

@yisman said...

As for Dallas, Gurianov worth a try at 2900 in case he sticks with Seguin.

I also don’t hate Garland playing on ARI1 tonight.

• yisman

@Felixxberg said...

I also don’t hate Garland playing on ARI1 tonight.

ah, that was a change that flew under the radar.

Last game he was 4th line.

Projected for tonight:

Keller—Schmaltz—Garland

Galchenyuk—Stepan—Fischer

Panik—Richardson—Archibald

Crouse—Kempe—Cousins

Also, note on the Flyers making history:

@frank_seravalli
    5h5 hours ago
    More
    Carter Hart starts for PHI, making #NHL debut tonight. #Flyers will become the second team ever to use six goalies before Christmas (#stlblues in 2002-03).

• Canuckage

Yuck everything is filling up so fast tonight! FD has oddly bad contests tonight.

• stellagirl

@Felixxberg said...

I understand the fade, but PHI are the second most favorite team according to Vegas odds, and he’s priced at $7.0K. That makes him a really good value pick.

I hear ya…. I am just deciding to zig while everyone else zags.

I don’t want to pin my hopes on a kid who might end up shell shocked due to a terrible defensive team in front of him. I also think the vegas line is way too generous – PHI has the 3rd highest GA/60 at home in the NHL.

But what do I know? Hell, I think ward is such a bad play that I have some NSH tonight.

I am rolling primarily Hutton, Helly, a little Talbot, and whomever starts for NSH.

• yisman

@Canuckage said...

Yuck everything is filling up so fast tonight! FD has oddly bad contests tonight.

yeah we’re stuck with the forum contests today

18/20
    11/20
    9/20
    3/20 for the resizables

and 9/30 for the non-resizable. Probably won’t fill because I created it too late.

DK $888 filled like 30 minutes ago. Same for the $88.

$8 should fill within 90 minutes.

• sizzlebeans

@stellagirl said...

I don’t want to pin my hopes on a kid who might end up shell shocked due to a terrible defensive team in front of him. I also think the vegas line is way too generous – PHI has the 3rd highest GA/60 at home in the NHL.

It probably depends on what contest you play, and you might be over-estimating his ownership. People looking for salary relief and/or playing Philly lines will use him. Other people will go for surer things or correlate the goalie to their line-up. There’s 22 goalies to choose from tonight, so it’s pretty wide open.

• stellagirl

Fair point!

• Canuckage

@yisman said...

yeah we’re stuck with the forum contests today

18/20
    11/20
    9/20
    3/20 for the resizables

and 9/30 for the non-resizable. Probably won’t fill because I created it too late.

DK $888 filled like 30 minutes ago. Same for the $88.

$8 should fill within 90 minutes.

Hehe I did enter like 2 of the forum contest tonight. The stupid in me couldn’t resist the $888 contest so did fire one entry into that so hopefully all the run good goes into there.

• Felixxberg

@Canuckage said...

The stupid in me couldn’t resist the $888 contest so did fire one entry into that so hopefully all the run good goes into there.

Are you okay with 2nd place? Because I might take 1st!

I really like my lineup, but I just realized that apart from Hart (uncorrelated G, which is something I don’t usually do, but I don’t like any of my duos’ G), I have no one playing before 8:30 (1.5 hour after lock). I have 2 guys at 8:30, 3 at 9:00 and 3 at 10:30. I’ll just wish nothing happens before my guys get on the ice!

• Canuckage

Still working on my FD line ups atm. Pretty torn on what to do with the PHI game. Hart is a pretty cheap value goalie but really wanted to stack DET since they play against a goalie debut with a crappy PHI D in front.

• keephustlincuz

@Canuckage said...

Still working on my FD line ups atm. Pretty torn on what to do with the PHI game. Hart is a pretty cheap value goalie but really wanted to stack DET since they play against a goalie debut with a crappy PHI D in front.

How does FD manage not to have him in the player pool. It happens often with them.

• Canuckage

@keephustlincuz said...

How does FD manage not to have him in the player pool. It happens often with them.

FD is slow on every player update/salary haha. It can be good and bad because Nurse is still at 4k!

• yisman

Yahoo and Fanduel on the same page, they always end up adding guys after their first game played. Basically can’t use guys making their debut.

They will tell you they posted the player pool the day before, blah blah blah, but it’s really just them not paying attention. Hart was called up Sunday night.

Other Flyers news:

Jori Lehtera to be prosecuted as part of a cocaine ring.

• MotownGreek

Just made my first line up and love how easy it was to fit my lines together, don’t want to say to much since it’s the one lineup in the forum contest and I’m unlikely to make other lines. To busy today to actually make my proper cash lineup and wanted to play in the $8 with at least 1 lineup since I feel it should be softer than usual.

I will say I’m liking Ward today against a NSH team on b2b. Don’t think they continue scoring away from home tonight like they have this season. Also, not buying into the Hart narrative. Probably because I’m a Wings fan :)

• yisman

random DK note

apparently you can be invited to non-league contests.

I just got a notification that “dreamweaver” invited me to the NBA mini-max.

• Zieg30

@stellagirl said...

But what do I know? Hell, I think ward is such a bad play that I have some NSH tonight.

I am rolling primarily Hutton, Helly, a little Talbot, and whomever starts for NSH.

I have some NSH too tonight solely because of Ward, but man it really sucks picking NSH players with Forsberg and Aaaaarvidsson out.

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

Aaaaarvidsson

I’m saying this in my head the same way that guy says Tomas Tataaaaar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wUXuIcRGi4

• Canuckage

Ugh it hurts me to go against my Canucks tonight :( So many good spots tonight and so little entries for me lol

• stellagirl

And on an unrelated but interesting note….. Larkin is now proudly wearing a hyperlink on RG lineups page!!

Montour, not so lucky.

• DfsBopBooth

Anyone have confirmation on STL lines. LWL is saying Senko is on the 2nd line. Really like STL1 if he is on it with Steen

• newynewstrom

• x3

2016 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Tarasenko is with Schenn and Schwartz according to Blues beat writer

• Felixxberg

@Canuckage said...

So many good spots tonight and so little entries for me lol

I have $1.3K on one lineup in an 11 game slate. That’s borderline suicidal. $888 of that come from a ticket and $300 from FPPs/crowns though.

If only the $8 contest had a decent prize structure, I would have played 100-ish lineups there to cover everything.

• kirby34

Kreider/Tavares or Hartman/Kucherov in cash on DK?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.