NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM :  Toronto ( 165 ) at  Columbus ( -185 ) —- T: 165
    8:05 PM :  Detroit ( 165 ) at  Philadelphia ( -190 ) —- T: 165
    9:35 PM :  St. Louis ( 100 ) at  Calgary ( -120 ) —- T: 100

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Worst night this year yesterday. 0/45 lineups cashing, which means I have to deposit. I like the slate tonight but the contests not so much.

• dandub9

Agreed the contests are not great. I guess FD is trying to funnel people to their big NBA contests tonight? They are still doing a $4 contest but only 20k in total prizes and still allowing 150 max. They could easily fill up a bigger NHL contest but it’s all about NBA right now.

I think I’ll mess around with the $2 Wrister with max entry of 10 and wait for tomorrow.

• crispevolution

Been grinding out some of the smaller tourneys. Finished 1st in the Late Hip Check last night. The BR is slowly coming along. Good luck to everyone tonight.

• CBugajsky21

CGY1 + CBJ1?

• Blahaaron

@crispevolution said...

Been grinding out some of the smaller tourneys. Finished 1st in the Late Hip Check last night. The BR is slowly coming along. Good luck to everyone tonight.

I was in that one. It was a tough one! Congrats.

• Blahaaron

To get the lineup I wanted I had to fade a spot. The extra money allowed me the extra d man I wanted, Ghost. Only making one lineup per day now since I limited the amount of entries to one. I think Detroit and Philly will have zee goals. Good luck peeps.

• yisman

Finally checked what happened at the end last night. As expected, I narrowly missed winning.

Second place, two-tenths of a point out of first.

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/51416911?uc=964546937

My switch from Lee/Brassard (10) to O’Reilly/Pacioretty (8.5) cost me that 1,000 ticket, and a $444 ticket (1.1 out of winning there)

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/51414709?uc=964555137

edit: by the way, I reviewed the top scorers last night. All low-owned.

Vanek, Theodore, Eric Staal, Burakovsky

• KindGuy

Had a six man Vegas stack and missed cashing by one point in the dk $8. Ugh. Cash line was 39, put up 38. Kane and Gallagher shit the bed. Had Helle. Theodore and Haula went off but not enough

• sizzlebeans

Had time while waiting for Adam to do his line matching article to put a matching chart together myself. We use different sources for data, so it’ll be interesting to see where the congruencies are.

EDIT: Note – this is all individual skater data from corsica.hockey, which has been adjusted for home/away splits. I did this the same way I do my team charts. What the opponent allows will be on the same line as the data for the skater.

https://twitter.com/JigawattJones/status/943555412791459843

Bah! I just realized a semantic error. I did not flip-flop RW vs LW data. So, what a RW allows is still in the same column for RW instead of LW. Mentally reverse those when reading.

• Felixxberg

I had some lineups made before looking at any stats and the line matching is the exact opposite of everything that I had, so I think I’ll just pass for today! Probably a single entry in the $33 and one in the late $27!

• Felixxberg

I just can’t get over the fact that Larkin has no goal in 43 shots away and that Hutton is 3-0-0, .950, 1.64 away.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

I just can’t get over the fact that Larkin has no goal in 43 shots away and that Hutton is 3-0-0, .950, 1.64 away.

Isn’t that just too small a sample size (the Hutton stat, that is) to really go by?

• yisman

dailyfaceoff is not updating

Before last night’s Dallas game, for example, the lines were released during warmups. Benn and Seguin were not together. That’s how it played out in the game.

DFO still lists Benn-Seguin-Shore as DAL1.

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

Isn’t that just too small a sample size (the Hutton stat, that is) to really go by?

It probably is, which is why I’ll trust the article. I’m still rostering Larkin in my lone lineup because I can’t believe he won’t score someday (like Koivu yesterday). Korpi is my goalie. I hope Columbus will be fired up after losing 7-2, and Toronto cooled off after winning 8-1.

• Blahaaron

No Werenski and CBJ using their backup just tipped this game into Toronto’s favour. Jones will get heavier play though. He’s a lock.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Playing both sides of his DET/PHI game and am feeling CGY now since they’re home against Hutton and he can’t keep up his road stats (3-0-0, 1.64 GAA, and .950 SV% from DFO).

• Blahaaron

@hautalak said...

Playing both sides of his DET/PHI game and am feeling CGY now since they’re home against Hutton and he can’t keep up his road stats (3-0-0, 1.64 GAA, and .950 SV% from DFO).

Wonder how a game stack of DET and PHI willl do. That’s gotta be a 7 goal game. TML vs CBJ seems like a boring 2 to 1. Maybe 3 for a empty netter. CGY and STL .. I like trends so I’ll see if Hutton continues his strong play. And I’ll go Daley for a 4th consecutive time. When players get hot I haven’t a choice but to roll them.
    Ton ight doesn’t feel like a pay up for a dman night. Pietrangelo is too much for him to bust. Giordano has been coming on lately. He’s a play. Jones. Ghost. Daley. Giordano. One has to go. Argh.

• MakinItkane9

@hautalak said...

Hutton is #good dont forget. He had a 48 game shut out last week, played unbelievable. Will be playing half hutton half elliott. Also gonna play both sides of the PHI/DET game, i kind of like frk and mantha in gpps tonight

• Ryanoss

• 2015 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@dandub9 said...

Agreed the contests are not great. I guess FD is trying to funnel people to their big NBA contests tonight? They are still doing a $4 contest but only 20k in total prizes and still allowing 150 max. They could easily fill up a bigger NHL contest but it’s all about NBA right now.

I think I’ll mess around with the $2 Wrister with max entry of 10 and wait for tomorrow.

I also believe someone at FD posted two similarly sized $4 contests last night and then removed one. They took one down and were then left with a smaller $4.

• Blahaaron

Does anyone browse the teams subs on Reddit and see what is being said about certain lines/players?

• kirby34

@Blahaaron said...

Does anyone browse the teams subs on Reddit and see what is being said about certain lines/players?

I did once, but I lost some brain cells after reading what they said. Most of it is hypothetical, what if, never gonna happen scenarios that they make up.

• Blahaaron

@kirby34 said...

I did once, but I lost some brain cells after reading what they said. Most of it is hypothetical, what if, never gonna happen scenarios that they make up.

Reddit in a nutshell.

• Benn91

CBJ will bounce back tonight after alowing 7 and TOR slow down after scoring 8. Its always like that.

• RW

nice work sizzle, much appreciated

• kirby34

@Benn91 said...

CBJ will bounce back tonight after alowing 7 and TOR slow down after scoring 8. Its always like that.

What line from CBJ? I’m torn between 1 and 2.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).