7:05 PM :  Anaheim ( 140 ) at  Boston ( -160 ) —- T: 5½u-10
    7:05 PM :  Minnesota ( 100 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -120 ) —- T: 6½u-10
    8:35 PM :  Chicago ( 170 ) at  Dallas ( -200 ) —- T: 6o-20
    9:05 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -120 ) at  Calgary ( 100 ) —- T: 6½o-25
    9:05 PM :  Montreal ( 100 ) at  Arizona ( -125 ) —- T: 6u-10
    10:05 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 170 ) at  Vegas ( -200 ) —- T: 6u-20
    10:05 PM :  St. Louis ( -105 ) at  Vancouver ( -115 ) —- T: 6o-15
    10:35 PM :  Winnipeg ( 0 ) at  San Jose ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• MrBreeze

Hey guys, just beginning to dabble in NHL DFS , so send me an invite for some dead money while I get my footing here.

• yisman

@MrBreeze said...

Hey guys, just beginning to dabble in NHL DFS , so send me an invite for some dead money while I get my footing here.

Invited you to the league.

We have a 30 man set up that will likely fill within an hour.

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

What in the world?! Well hello 100%. How did I miss that? Thanks for the info though!

I’m actually having a hard time forcing him into some lineups. I like them a lot already, and I’m not really that happy with what the extra $ upgrades me to. I mean, Dougie Hamilton for $13 with his shot volume is a pretty nice deal as it is.

• bodzer74

Any news on if Ferland is playing tonight?

• nosideFX

@hautalak said...

Random question but does anybody know how often a lineup wins with exactly 50K? I don’t want to change my lineup but the ones using it all never seem to “win” but obviously they can cash.

I looked back through most of the winners in the top contests for this week. Every single one that I saw had used the entire 50k.

• MrBreeze

@yisman said...

Invited you to the league.

We have a 30 man set up that will likely fill within an hour.

donation made

• nosideFX

@BrianD99 said...

Any news on if Ferland is playing tonight?

Doubt it, they activated Staal from IR and just brought up Clark Bishop likely because Ferland will still be out.

• nosideFX

@Zieg30 said...

I doubt they’re really a sleeper. CBJ1 was the first lineup I targeted when building my lineups this morning. My favourite line of the night.

Yea I know Vegas doesn’t have them as a sleeper with the big line, I just haven’t heard anyone talk about them all day. I know if you like them I’m in good company.

• dyavid

@nosideFX said...

Yea I know Vegas doesn’t have them as a sleeper with the big line, I just haven’t heard anyone talk about them all day. I know if you like them I’m in good company.

I like a few lines that haven’t been talked about here. CBJ1 is good one. I really like STL1 and they are affordable. PHI2 is stacked, all on PP1 and cheap too. mixing in TOR1 (JT&MM), FLA1, DAL1 & CAR1 too

• yisman

I can’t speak for NHL, but in NBA, NFL, MLB, the winning lineup usually does not use the entire 50,000

more salary left=more contrarian=greater chance of being a solo winner

using more salary increases your chances of cashing but decreases your chance of being a solo winner in large contests

Unless I’m entering a lot of lineups, I don’t leave more than $300 on the table (unless a late change forces me to, like it did recently, with the late goalie not being the expected one)

• nosideFX

@yisman said...

I can’t speak for NHL, but in NBA, NFL, MLB, the winning lineup usually does not use the entire 50,000

more salary left=more contrarian=greater chance of being a solo winner

using more salary increases your chances of cashing but decreases your chance of being a solo winner in large contests

Maybe because there are so many min priced guys that actually log minutes in nhl, in comparison to the other sports where there is only that one or two who can actually contribute on a given night is why I think.

• nosideFX

@dyavid said...

I like a few lines that haven’t been talked about here. CBJ1 is good one. I really like STL1 and they are affordable. PHI2 is stacked, all on PP1 and cheap too. mixing in TOR1 (JT&MM), FLA1, DAL1 & CAR1 too

I agree with all except FLA1, Andersen has been very solid at home. It’s their first game back home from a long road trip they’re gonna want to put on a show for that home crowd. But it is definitely a good contrarian play.

• Felixxberg

@hautalak said...

I think Felix’s strategy is to pick 7 lines total and mix and match them all ways possible for 21 lines I think? I think he leaves one out. He can explain his strategy a little better but I think this is the gist of it. This was for 20 lineups.

Yep. So I go with L1-L2, L1-L3… L1-L7…L6-L7. It would add up to 21 but there’s always a combo or more that is/are impossible because of salaries.

• hsfgsteele

Can anyone send an invite for one of the $1 leagues if they are still open? Either one is fine. hsfgsteele is the tag on DK

• yisman

so JVR and Konecny with Laughton

top line is Giroux with Patrick and Raffl

I like Simmonds on the second line for value, and Patrick on the top line

• luckyjgk10

What do you do with defensemen then felixx? Just look and see what options are available with the leftover salary? Or do you have a pool of defensemen that you like that you choose from?

• yisman

@hsfgsteele said...

hsfgsteele

I invited you to the league

contest is 28/30

try this link for direct to contest

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/draftteam/66708927

• hsfgsteele

Thanks, entered!

• Danforth11

@dyavid said...

I’ve got all of these lines in a couple except STL1. Mostly just on CAR1 cus Aho has been pretty consistent.

• hautalak

@nosideFX said...

I looked back through most of the winners in the top contests for this week. Every single one that I saw had used the entire 50k.

Interesting. I don’t blantantly avoid 50K but it’s nice to know you can use it all. Thanks!

• tristanwolf

justin braun 2.8k seems too cheap lots of shots blocked and shots for that price
    jack johnson 2.8k too. any other good punt d’s? i’m trying to avoid the 2.5k real flyers lately as seems to never pay much

• canuck1995

@tristanwolf said...

justin braun 2.8k seems too cheap lots of shots blocked and shots for that price
    jack johnson 2.8k too. any other good punt d’s? i’m trying to avoid the 2.5k real flyers lately as seems to never pay much

At 2500 Pateryn and Del Zotto are alright due to injuries on their respective teams which will lead to more minutes. De Haan and Carlo are two punts I always use. Sanheim is skating on the top paring with Provorov and should see 20 minutes again, Daley sees plenty of ice time on the top D pair for Detroit with Green out, Tanev at 3400 for increased ice time with no Stetcher, and Brodin is seeing 21+ minutes as well with Dumba out

• footballbutts

Zach Hyman out. 2.8k Connor Brown skating with Tavares and Marner.

• yisman

Ekholm out

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

I’m on CBJ tonight.
    Considering this season I’ve gotten lottery tickets…with an S… right more often than this LN1, it’s a great indication everyone should fade them tonight.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.