NHL FORUM

Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Buffalo ( 145 ) at  Washington ( -165 ) —- T: 6½u-20
    7:05 PM :  Ottawa ( 140 ) at  New Jersey ( -170 ) —- T: 6u-10
    9:05 PM :  Chicago ( 175 ) at  Colorado ( -215 ) —- T: 6½u-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Kuchhhh86

@hautalak said...

Most likely my NHL action there for tonight. Built me 1 NJ L1 lineup as a hedge. Already had a DK BUF/WSH stack, so I have everything covered besides CHI but don’t have a great feeling about them.

CHI lines are always a mess when Kane is not playing with Toews.

• Kuchhhh86

Delia is not event list on FD

• Felixxberg

luckyjgk10, about yesterday’s question: I usually have a very tight D pool. I normally take a cheap one and pair him with the best I can in all lineups. Sometimes I correlate them with one of the lines, sometimes I don’t. It’s all about finding value!

• Felixxberg

COL1 is an obvious lock! I like home teams as always.

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

Most likely my NHL action there for tonight. Built me 1 NJ L1 lineup as a hedge. Already had a DK BUF/WSH stack, so I have everything covered besides CHI but don’t have a great feeling about them.

The optimizer likes CHI quite a bit. Normally I don’t ever touch that team, but I will throw in a few players in my single DK lineup.

How about them Stars last night, by the way? Their DFS (or real life) mediocrity can’t be understated. Maybe they can bring Brett Hull back.

• Kuchhhh86

@Felix What about that postpone case?

• dyavid

@hautalak said...

Anderson way too cheap at 7.2K IMO

I’ll be 100% on him as i wont be putting in many lineups tonight. Anderson always seems to play well against NJ. One of my best DFS nights i can remember i was 100% on a cheap Andy on the road vs NJ and he got a shutout.

I was curious so i looked up his career record vs NJ. 11-3-2 .933 sv% and 2.41 GAA pretty decent

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

How about them Stars last night, by the way? Their DFS (or real life) mediocrity can’t be understated. Maybe they can bring Brett Hull back.

I guess not! Not sure what’s going on over there. Is that team going to blow up soon with trade overhauls? That’s probably a big stretch but I think you get the point.

As for Brett Hull I love everything about him!!! Loved him as a Wing, love hearing old Hull stories about taking Hitch’s car (I think his) out on the town one night as a youngster, the stories of late drinking nights, and on top of everything he had the greatest drop snap shot there ever was!

• hautalak

@dyavid said...

I was curious so i looked up his career record vs NJ. 11-3-2 .933 sv% and 2.41 GAA pretty decent

I’ll take that! Now of course is gonna be the night it bites us.

• Kuchhhh86

@hautalak said...

I guess not! Not sure what’s going on over there. Is that team going to blow up soon with trade overhauls? That’s probably a big stretch but I think you get the point.

As for Brett Hull I love everything about him!!! Loved him as a Wing, love hearing old Hull stories about taking Hitch’s car (I think his) out on the town one night as a youngster, the stories of late drinking nights, and on top of everything he had the greatest drop snap shot there ever was!

I have a bad feeling that my Stars won’t make the playoffs again…

• Felixxberg

@Kuchhhh86 said...

@Felix What about that postpone case?

I won it! Now it’s vacation time!

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

I had to watch one of these in honor of your comment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Y26D7porM

• luckyjgk10

Awesome, thanks for the advice. If it doesn’t give away too many of your secrets what do you usually do on smaller slates like this? It’s tough to get the combos you want because the good matchups are so expensive. Appreciate the help!

• klubba575

Johansson placed on IR for the Devils. Hall had moved down to LN2 according to the sites, but guessing he jumps back up to 1.

• Felixxberg

@luckyjgk10 said...

Awesome, thanks for the advice. If it doesn’t give away too many of your secrets what do you usually do on smaller slates like this? It’s tough to get the combos you want because the good matchups are so expensive. Appreciate the help!

On smaller slates, there is way more randomness and less strategy.

It depends on how much you’re willing to risk. With COL1 being the most owned line of the slate, fading them is a huge risk, but if you do it and they bust, you’ll have a significant advantage. That said, COL1 is my favorite line in the NHL so I’m always heavy on them!

I normally go with very cheap Ds or I mix the expensive lines (ie. COL1) with some low owned lines (third lines mostly). I also have lineups with COL1, Ovechkin and a very cheap duo. It’s really hard to mix COL1 and Ovechkin together, so most people won’t.

Like I said, small slates are very random. It’s hard to give advice on them. I like spreading as much as possible to cover a lot of scenarios.

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

I had to watch one of these in honor of your comment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1Y26D7porM

Thank you! One of the true goal scorers. He used one of the most flexible sticks, like almost a kid’s stick. The thing flexed in half. Such a quick release!

• gairz

Unsure if there are any bobblehead nights going but lotsa BIRTHdays today…most guys, no play

Cody CECI
    Alex IAFALLO
    Charlie McAVOY
    Jamie OLEKSIAK
    Malcolm SUBBAN

I got me a mishmash of all 6 teams tonight. I can alllmooost see Chi upsetting Col tonight.. almost..

• Kuchhhh86

14 games tomorrow :0

• gairz

Sabres have their Moms withem in WAS.

McCabe and Pilut back in as well.

• gairz

Your CHI G for tonight – none other thannnnn Colin Delia..

Edit: i see that from earlier now..

• Kuchhhh86

Good luck everyone in the forum contest

• Felixxberg

I managed to tweak my lineups according to NDJ’s “new” lines but I had to double some lineups because I couldn’t upgrade some of them. I hope one of them hits big!

• NIN1002

In the $25 50/50 at Yahoo….I am somehow the ONLY person with Holtby out of 22 people. 50% on Kinkaid and 50% on Anderson.

Guessing we’re all 100% on Grubauer later. :) I find it fascinating I’m flying solo on Holtby on such a small slate.

• Felixxberg

Zacha coming in clutch for me!

And yes that’s surprising nin1002. I have a whole lot of Holtby!

• Kuchhhh86

My NJ1 pay off, I need OTT1 to scores now.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.