7:05 PM :  Philadelphia ( -110 ) at  New Jersey ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    7:35 PM :  Boston ( 100 ) at  Florida ( -120 ) —- T: 100
    7:35 PM :  St. Louis ( 0 ) at  Tampa Bay ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Minnesota ( 115 ) at  Montreal ( -135 ) —- T: 115
    7:35 PM :  Anaheim ( -110 ) at  Ottawa ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    8:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( 120 ) at  Nashville ( -140 ) —- T: 120
    9:05 PM :  Toronto ( -125 ) at  Colorado ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    10:05 PM :  Winnipeg ( -120 ) at  Vancouver ( 100 ) —- T: -120

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Scumpunch

RG Overall Ranking

Sorry to everyone who didn’t get into the Forum League contest today. There are now 25 members in the league, so if we get a few more, we could try for a 25-man contest tomorrow. The problem is, if the contest doesn’t fill, it doesn’t run. So it’s a bit of a balancing act deciding on the correct size. Now I know how the sites must feel sizing their big GPPs!

• croy31

I’m in croy31

• TicketRaven

Sign me up – TicketRaven on FD

• TicketRaven

Has anyone had more success just picking random worst 3 goalies of the slate and taking low priced home defenseman and then taking C’s and Wingers at high end prices to win? Oddly enough – in a blindfolded goalie picking way – this has worked recently. Anyone else try this lately? Might be dumb luck, but the lineups I tried this on the last 6 or 7 nights – those lineups did better than most. hmmmmm

• epot

@TicketRaven said...

Has anyone had more success just picking random worst 3 goalies of the slate and taking low priced home defenseman and then taking C’s and Wingers at high end prices to win? Oddly enough – in a blindfolded goalie picking way – this has worked recently. Anyone else try this lately? Might be dumb luck, but the lineups I tried this on the last 6 or 7 nights – those lineups did better than most. hmmmmm

interesting! I thought of taking cheapest goalie at 6400(dk) that is not playing and use the extra money elsewhere? roughly an extra grand…I know you get a gooseegg in the goalie slot but if the extra g-note turns into a profitable move it might be worth it. IE: last night smith I believe had 0.6 in th end. Antone else thought of this????

• flip4flop

I just can’t figure out how PHI is the underdog. I get they are on the second game of a back to back but the Devils are last in shots per game, Schneider is terrible and PHI offense has been pretty solid.

Edit: Stolarz price on FD is criminal

• Olhausen

@umwoz said...

Who’s got the balls to play Bobrovsky tonight?

I’m on him tonight. If he can keep it under 4 goals he might see 35-40 shots which would be well worth it if he gets the win.

• NextSignal

@flip4flop said...

I just can’t figure out how PHI is the underdog. I get they are on the second game of a back to back but the Devils are last in shots per game, Schneider is terrible and PHI offense has been pretty solid.

Mason is in net now too so that underdog status may (hopefully) throw quite a few people off. I do disagree about Schneider and think he’s historically an elite goalie all things considered, but the Flyers put up some points and may squeak through with some relatively low ownership.

• NextSignal

@Olhausen said...

I’m on him tonight. If he can keep it under 4 goals he might see 35-40 shots which would be well worth it if he gets the win.

I’m on him as well.

• flip4flop

@NextSignal said...

Mason is in net now too so that underdog status may (hopefully) throw quite a few people off. I do disagree about Schneider and think he’s historically an elite goalie all things considered, but the Flyers put up some points and may squeak through with some relatively low ownership.

Crap didn’t see the switch. Thank you for catching that although I wish it would have stayed with Stolarz

• TicketRaven

that path of using the goalie not playing for cheap has been gone down before by many on this forum – doesn’t work. I also heard about a night when a “live” playing goalie on a slate was mistakenly rated at “$0”
    that didn’t work either –

• TicketRaven

Ducks look good tonight
    Canucks could play well
    I think the Preds lay down tonight and get run over
    Panthers might win 6-2

• yuda

Wow, over/under on the Pens/CBJ game moved up to 6.5? That is a very rare move.

• epot

@TicketRaven said...

that path of using the goalie not playing for cheap has been gone down before by many on this forum – doesn’t work. I also heard about a night when a “live” playing goalie on a slate was mistakenly rated at “$0”
    that didn’t work either –

lol didn’t know that….I normally think in terms of the team when picking goalies anyway, if the team in front of the goalie is playing well then the safer it is to play him.

• kirby34

Auston Matthews or Patric Hornqvist for the UTIL spot on DK? Already have Hyman/Gardiner and Schultz/Malkin in my lineup.

• epot

any news on Stone?

• yuda

Lots of Devils in my LU’s tonight.

• scsa1998

I feel like I built my Fanduel team exactly how I wanted to do it. Pit2 / Tor / and Terasanko. I must have rushed through my DK team since I absolutely hate the roster I put together there.

Thanks to late swap I was able to step back from the team and make some changes hopefully it works out

• yuda

Stone on the ice for warmups.

• goldengoat29

I think we chose one of the hardest nights to start this league. On Tuesday there were too many good plays to get them all in. Tonight I had fewer convictions and more tentative hunches. I have feelings about Hall and Karlsson and it cost me getting exposure to the Blue Jackets in a rare 6.5 over/under game. I seldom ever go against Vegas so much but do I really like anyone on Columbus more than Hall? He is a way better player than Saad, Foligno and Atkinson is nursing a swollen foot and will be preoccupied with Crosby. Jenner is the best value of the bunch but has the Crosby dilemma and hasn’t produced much this year in more limited ice time. I like all those Jackets, don’t get wrong but I find it hard paying for them in lieu of my hunch Hall. Hopefully it pays off.

It was also really hard to pick a goalie tonight. I like Price the best but I wasn’t convinced enough about him on a night where I so desperately needed the cash relief.

• NextSignal

@kirby34 said...

Auston Matthews or Patric Hornqvist for the UTIL spot on DK? Already have Hyman/Gardiner and Schultz/Malkin in my lineup.

Matthews for me

• TicketRaven

I’ve noticed some winning NHL DFS lineups recently where owners have left $600, $700, and even a case where $800+ was left on the table (yes, in a 7 game slate and more)
    That is wild stuff!

• goldengoat29

What’s weird is that pretty much everyone in our league and all the pros in my 50/50s pretty much faded the Jackets. Thought I would be out on an island with my quaking dismissal of the Jackets.

• TicketRaven

Goat – gotta get in that league -sounds like fun – is it FD or DK?

• epot

@yuda said...

Stone on the ice for warmups.

so hes in?
    edit: just read it hes in thx

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler