7:05 PM :  Ottawa ( 124 ) at  Boston ( -146 ) —- T: 124
    7:05 PM :  Montreal ( 109 ) at  Carolina ( -131 ) —- T: 109
    8:05 PM :  Washington ( 0 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Nashville ( 0 ) at  St. Louis ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 0 ) at  Winnipeg ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Dallas ( 0 ) at  Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  Arizona ( 0 ) at  Colorado ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    10:05 PM :  Vegas ( 0 ) at  Anaheim ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• mathewsmarner

this might just be a coincidence but i literally have 8 players from teams who play for cities beginning with the letter N. Nsh, NYR, N.J. The other player is Rackel from Anaheim. Which is the first letter of the alphabet. Happy New Years maybe?

• MakinItkane9

@mathewsmarner said...

this might just be a coincidence but i literally have 8 players from teams who play for cities beginning with the letter N. Nsh, NYR, N.J. The other player is Rackel from Anaheim. Which is the first letter of the alphabet. Happy New Years maybe?

I’m diggin it. Wish there was WJ dfs I’d love that but at least we got Boxing Day hockey !!

• Blahaaron

@MakinItkane9 said...

I’m diggin it. Wish there was WJ dfs I’d love that but at least we got Boxing Day hockey !!

We don’t have boxing day hockey. There is no games until tomorrow according to NHL app.

Oh nvm. You meant world juniors!
    My bad.

Gooo Canada.

• mathewsmarner

plays of the year on tsn as I/we await the canada game

you just know it’s 50% hockey 15% soccer and 35% the other major sports in north america.

I’ll probably never tire from a golf shot from the woods but a tennis racket between the legs i can do without. Also streaking should be considered a play of the year, getting past the security to streak has to be a feat.

just had a thought, top 10 streaking plays of the year! (that’s gold jerry, gold!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a6ej477GxM

• mathewsmarner

Top Play of the YEAR (tsn)

• Blahaaron

Buffalo and isles and Bruins and Sens can either be 1 to 0 or a buttload of goals. That’s a tough one.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Nice to see the thread up already.

I’ll move my conundrum from the last thread to this one: Butcher or Vatanen? That’s my big question now.

Butcher gets the PP time, but Vatanen is on the ice 3-5 more minutes per game and certainly doesn’t lack for an offensive touch.

• Blahaaron

@Zieg30 said...

I’ll move my conundrum from the last thread to this one: Butcher or Vatanen? That’s my big question now.

Butcher gets the PP time, but Vatanen is on the ice 3-5 more minutes per game and certainly doesn’t lack for an offensive touch.

Not a fan of either men. But out of the two Butcher. Which means you should pick Vatanen 🙃. Vatanen definitely.

• Duck911

@Zieg30 said...

I’d probably be more interested in Hanifin or Sekera for even less cash.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@Zieg30 said...

Like I said in the old thread, my favorite value D is Ceci, but if I had to choose between Butcher and Vatanen, I would choose Vatanen. He had nice fantasy value the past 3 games, so I hope he gets back to where he left last season. Butcher, on the other hand, is a guy who gets DK points by making real points. He doesn’t have a lot of SOG and BS. He had 2 assists last game, so the odds are against him getting back to back multi point games.

That being said, I don’t really like any of the two. I would rather spend a little less or a little more for other options. I don’t like the 3,400-3,600 range at all.

• Blahaaron

@Felixxberg said...

Like I said in the old thread, my favorite value D is Ceci, but if I had to choose between Butcher and Vatanen, I would choose Vatanen. He had nice fantasy value the past 3 games, so I hope he gets back to where he left last season. Butcher, on the other hand, is a guy who gets DK points by making real points. He doesn’t have a lot of SOG and BS. He had 2 assists last game, so the odds are against him getting back to back multi point games.

That being said, I don’t really like any of the two. I would rather spend a little less or a little more for other options. I don’t like the 3,400-3,600 range at all.

I’ve learned lately that spending up on defenseman doesn’t work all too much. So I have Daley and Ceci and spent up to get Tavares. I’ll consider that a success if I get 5 to 8 pts with those two. Too many times have I spent 10,000 + on Dmen and got less than 5 pts.

• JimmyTango

@Blahaaron said...

Buffalo and isles and Bruins and Sens can either be 1 to 0 or a buttload of goals. That’s a tough one.

Indeed. I’ve been burned by Buffalo and Ottawa a bunch this year.

• Blahaaron

Dunno if this matters much but last year on the first day back after Christmas break the away teams won 7 of the 10 games.

Edit: but the year before that the home team won 5 of the 9 times.

Guess it might not matter.

• somanyrings

No weber, mete, or schlemko for the habs has to bump Carolina up right?

• mathewsmarner

i think it’s best to focus on teams who are in the playoff picture at the moment but won’t be as much by the all star break, these teams need the early points. New Jersey is a perfect example. They don’t belong in the top spot of the metro (but they are) and i think it won’t stay that way come all star break but i see them getting 2pts and putting up goals vs the wings. Great spot they’re in.

Then again, if ur going to drop in the standings, losing to the wings would be the time to do so.

• Blahaaron

@somanyrings said...

No weber, mete, or schlemko for the habs has to bump Carolina up right?

Carolina has won 4 of the last 5 games and are scoring. They are a better team than Montreal hands down. Cam Ward is a great pick tonight.

• Blahaaron

@mathewsmarner said...

i think it’s best to focus on teams who are in the playoff picture at the moment but won’t be as much by the all star break, these teams need the early points. New Jersey is a perfect example. They don’t belong in the top spot of the metro (but they are) and i think it won’t stay that way come all star break but i see them getting 2pts and putting up goals vs the wings. Great spot they’re in.

Then again, if ur going to drop in the standings, losing to the wings would be the time to do so.

NJ is a very good team where all lines can score. Schneider has been playing great too. They’re definitely worthy of their spot in the standings.

• eaglezzz

Looking at Colorado L1 and NYI L2 for GPPs

• mathewsmarner

@Blahaaron said...

NJ is a very good team where all lines can score. Schneider has been playing great too. They’re definitely worthy of their spot in the standings.

i do admire schneider and he is probably the ‘main’ reason they are where they are but this team like the leafs last year leads all teams in rookie scoring (which suggests they probably have a roster full of rookies than all teams in the nhl) and like the leafs if they are going to make the playoffs, it would happen on the last day of the schedule and as an 8th seeded team.

• scsa1998

Rangers reshuffled their lines during the break.

• Blahaaron

@mathewsmarner said...

i do admire schneider and he is probably the ‘main’ reason they are where they are but this team like the leafs last year leads all teams in rookie scoring (which suggests they probably have a roster full of rookies than all teams in the nhl) and like the leafs if they are going to make the playoffs, it would happen on the last day of the schedule and as an 8th seeded team.

NJD are 10th on the PP, 5th on the PK. You don’t win unless you got numbers like those. Unless they get into a myriad of key injuries they’ll keep rolling. Interestingly NJD and DRW are top 5 in short handed goals. Gibbons has 3 and Larkin has 2. Chances are good we get one shortie tonight. Gibbons is a good one to have.

• Blahaaron

Letang is out with a lower body so Maata gets his minutes and spot on PP1.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@scsa1998 said...

Rangers reshuffled their lines during the break.

I like the new L1! A lot of teams have new lines but at least every team has a morning skate today.

Notable changes from the teams that interest me:
    NJD1: Bratt – Hischier – Hall
    PIT1: Sheary – Crosby – Hornqvist
    PIT2: Guentzel – Malkin – Kessel
    MIN1: Zucker – Koivu – Granlund (not playing MIN2 but: Ennis – Staal – Coyle)
    NYR1: Nash – Zibanejad – Zuccarello

More to come with later morning skates.

• Blahaaron

@Felixxberg said...

I like the new L1! A lot of teams have new lines but at least every team has a morning skate today.

Notable changes from the teams that interest me:
    NJD1: Bratt – Hischier – Hall
    PIT1: Sheary – Crosby – Hornqvist
    PIT2: Guentzel – Malkin – Kessel
    MIN1: Zucker – Koivu – Granlund (not playing MIN2 but: Ennis – Staal – Coyle)
    NYR1: Nash – Zibanejad – Zuccarello

More to come with later morning skates.

Bratt on NJd1 is definitely a good idea
    The kid is fast, has great hands and will compliment his linemates well.

CBJPP1 is also a definite play tonight. That’ll be the game I’m gonna watch. They hate each others guts and any games they have feel like they mean something. I like PIT2 a lot tonight.

• bstreich9

Rangers are an easy fade fro me every night, you never know which line goes off.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).