7:05 PM :  Ottawa ( 124 ) at  Boston ( -146 ) —- T: 124
    7:05 PM :  Montreal ( 109 ) at  Carolina ( -131 ) —- T: 109
    8:05 PM :  Washington ( 0 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Nashville ( 0 ) at  St. Louis ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Edmonton ( 0 ) at  Winnipeg ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Dallas ( 0 ) at  Minnesota ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  Arizona ( 0 ) at  Colorado ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    10:05 PM :  Vegas ( 0 ) at  Anaheim ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PhoFever

COL1, BUF2, and BOS1 were the lines I drew from most heavily when I made my placeholder lineups a few days ago. Going to do my best to leave things as they are and not fiddle too much. Part of me wants to yank my BOS1 guys in favor of more exposure to NYI1, but BOS1 is a streaky line and when they are on, they score in bunches. They helped me last Fri. and I’m hoping to ride that wave a little bit longer.

• bstreich9

CAR2 has some nice value. pair them with Slavin/Hanifin too

• scsa1998

@bstreich9 said...

Rangers are an easy fade fro me every night, you never know which line goes off.

Its been like that for a few seasons. I’ve been playing Zibanejad and Kreider lately just because they shoot so much. Taking a wait and see approach with these new NYR lines

• mathewsmarner

@Seahawktom said...

COL1, BUF2, and BOS1 were the lines I drew from most heavily when I made my placeholder lineups a few days ago. Going to do my best to leave things as they are and not fiddle too much. Part of me wants to yank my BOS1 guys in favor of more exposure to NYI1, but BOS1 is a streaky line and when they are on, they score in bunches. They helped me last Fri. and I’m hoping to ride that wave a little bit longer.

i like krug tonight.

• eaglezzz

Looking cheap at Defense tonight I like Zadorov (with Barrie out) and Chychrun with PP2 time and getting back healthy. Both 3500 punts with upside on FanDuel.

At Forward like Compher 3800, Bjorkstrand 4500, Connor 4200 as cheap options.

I think you pay up at Center. I also don’t mind a Tavares/Barzel play on FD makes sense.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Well splurging for me tonight with 4 entries into the Holiday skate. Tough to get a top score but that 10K looks awfully nice.

I think as usual I’m going to have to have both sides of this DET/NJ game (Detroit homer that thinks they’ll prolly lose but score a few where you should know where it’s coming from). Gotta get some BOS L1 in and liking Varlamov in net.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@hautalak said...

I think as usual I’m going to have to have both sides of this DET/NJ game (Detroit homer that thinks they’ll prolly lose but score a few where you should know where it’s coming from).

I like DET2 as a cheap line to stack with more expensive lines. Their away S% is absurldy low (4 goals on 125 shots, 3.2%), so they are overdue for a positive correction.

• hautalak

• x2

@Felixxberg said...

I like DET2 as a cheap line to stack with more expensive lines. Their away S% is absurldy low (4 goals on 125 shots, 3.2%), so they are overdue for a positive correction.

Well looking at their lines now, idk what to do. Blashill is really starting to piss me off with this AA on L4 nonsense. Might have to play him with Frk in one.

I guess just about all DET lines are “cheap” so there’s that. We’ll see how it goes.

• Felixxberg

@hautalak said...

Well looking at their lines now, idk what to do. Blashill is really starting to piss me off with this AA on L4 nonsense. Might have to play him with Frk in one.

I guess just about all DET lines are “cheap” so there’s that. We’ll see how it goes.

He should switch AA and Abdelkader in my opinion. AA and Larkin on the same line would be lethal!

• hautalak

• x2

@Felixxberg said...

He should switch AA and Abdelkader in my opinion. AA and Larkin on the same line would be lethal!

Pretty much! I think they already had the “young guns” line and put up some nice points together.

• Felixxberg

Also, Kase at $3.3K is a steal! Odds are against him for scoring in 4 straight games but still, $3.3K is definitely too low.

• hautalak

• x2

Also gotta get some Brian Boyle in. He’s cheap (3.8K) and kills the Wings!!!

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@scsa1998 said...

Its been like that for a few seasons. I’ve been playing Zibanejad and Kreider lately just because they shoot so much. Taking a wait and see approach with these new NYR lines

Rangers’ line shuffle actually streamlines things a bit. Only that first line has real GPP winning upside.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #97

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

I like the new L1! A lot of teams have new lines but at least every team has a morning skate today.

Notable changes from the teams that interest me:
    NJD1: Bratt – Hischier – Hall
    PIT1: Sheary – Crosby – Hornqvist
    PIT2: Guentzel – Malkin – Kessel
    MIN1: Zucker – Koivu – Granlund (not playing MIN2 but: Ennis – Staal – Coyle)
    NYR1: Nash – Zibanejad – Zuccarello

More to come with later morning skates.

Thanks for pointing this out! Made me rush to change up the entries I’d set yesterday before having to get back to family time which could last until the games begin.

Apart from fixing things, I added a few Pittsburgh entries (on FD, though) on account of those lines, and a couple more NYR entries. The one line I really like tonight that I have zero shares of is MIN L1. I hope Bishop gives up three goals to the MN 3rd and 4th lines tonight (as I also have no Bishop)!

• Blahaaron

MacKinnon jumped up one thousand dollars before the last Arizona game. It would be funny if in his the game tonight he got no points. A huge price jump with nothing to show for either games where he was expected to kill it. Wonder how far his price will crash then.

• Felixxberg

@Zieg30 said...

Thanks for pointing this out! Made me rush to change up the entries I’d set yesterday before having to get back to family time which could last until the games begin.

Apart from fixing things, I added a few Pittsburgh entries (on FD, though) on account of those lines, and a couple more NYR entries. The one line I really like tonight that I have zero shares of is MIN L1. I hope Bishop gives up three goals to the MN 3rd and 4th lines tonight (as I also have no Bishop)!

Today is my family time break, the only one until January 1st, so I’m throwing a lot of lineups to compensate for the next few days! I have shares of MIN1, but I also have shares of 18 other lines.

• Felixxberg

@Blahaaron said...

MacKinnon jumped up one thousand dollars before the last Arizona game. It would be funny if in his the game tonight he got no points. A huge price jump with nothing to show for either games where he was expected to kill it. Wonder how far his price will crash then.

He’s still a good play but not a value play anymore.

• Blahaaron

O’Reilly missrd his last game because his wife just had their child. Do you think he will have a good game because of that and that he is with Kane?

• TurkishDelight

Since when is Compher on the 4th line?

• Blahaaron

@Blahaaron said...

O’Reilly missrd his last game because his wife just had their child. Do you think he will have a good game because of that and that he is with Kane?

My final decision is whether to go with Draisital or O’Reilly. I think the baby factor moves me towards O’Reilly. Some players have big games after a baby is born.

• JimmyTango

That new NJ1 line looks tempting.

• JimmyTango

@Blahaaron said...

Some players have big games after a baby is born.

I have no data on post-baby performance.

• Blahaaron

@JimmyTango said...

I have no data on post-baby performance.

Still though there are many recent examples of players upping their games after major life events. Boyle more recently coming back after his cancer treatment. Backes turned into an offensive producer when he came back from a colon resection. Anderson after his wife was diagnosed with cancer. I recall many times players having inspired games after their wives had babies. I wouldn’t be surprised if O’Reilly dedicates this game to his child. So thats why I’m going that way.

• JimmyTango

@Blahaaron said...

Still though there are many recent examples of players upping their games after major life events. Boyle more recently coming back after his cancer treatment. Backes turned into an offensive producer when he came back from a colon resection. Anderson after his wife was diagnosed with cancer. I recall many times players having inspired games after their wives had babies. I wouldn’t be surprised if O’Reilly dedicates this game to his child. So thats why I’m going that way.

I’m not doubting you. It’s as good a reason as any to roster a guy.

• Blahaaron

Did DK kill the sniper? I figured this 5 dollar game today was supposed to be the sniper but there isn’t even a sniper for tomorrow..

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).