• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM : Washington ( -180 ) at Buffalo ( 160 ) —- T: -180
    7:35 PM : Montreal ( 145 ) at Tampa Bay ( -165 ) —- T: 145
    8:05 PM : N.Y. Rangers ( 110 ) at Nashville ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    8:05 PM : Detroit ( 115 ) at Minnesota ( -135 ) —- T: 115
    10:05 PM : Los Angeles ( -140 ) at Vancouver ( 120 ) —- T: -140
    10:35 PM : Colorado ( 150 ) at San Jose ( -170 ) —- T: 150

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options

• njo1987

@Ryanoss said...

Are people afraid of MTL still? I would imagine that line being popular today.

been fading them for their past 5 games or so, each time ownership of the players I was on, was way lower than i expected.

EDIT: might not really matter, since i have never been great at predicting ownership

• pdidawg82

SC World Cup Bracket Champion

• Blogger of the Month

@kdub said...

Yeah that was my main reason for targeting him… How do you guys feel about Pavelski/thornton stack and MIN against Mrazek

EDIT – quoted wrong post.

• pdidawg82

SC World Cup Bracket Champion

• Blogger of the Month

@dude_abides7 said...

With Calvin “Sean Luke” Pickard in net vs him I could get behind that.

Jean-Luc Picard?

• kdub

How much stock do you guys really place in ownership% for nhl? It seems to me that it doesnt matter nearly as much as in nfl

• HockeyGod91

Thoughts on a Caps 2nd line stack?

• kdub

@HockeyGod91 said...

Thoughts on a Caps 2nd line stack?

I’m using them in quite a few LU’s.. so they will suck

• dude_abides7

@pdidawg82 said...

Jean-Luc Picard?

Yeah…him too. Lol

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@kdub said...

How much stock do you guys really place in ownership% for nhl? It seems to me that it doesnt matter nearly as much as in nfl

For GPP’S, a lot. Almost every slate, there are options that will be 30% owned and similar options that are 5%.

I’m not suggesting you should always play the 5% owned player, but if you’re just plugging in the 30% guy everyday without factoring the expected ownership of the rest of your lineup, expected value of both guys, your risk tolerance, etc, you’re going to make it even harder on yourself to bink a GPP.

• Ryanoss

• 2015 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@mberkowi said...

For GPP’S, a lot. Almost every slate, there are options that will be 30% owned and similar options that are 5%.

I’m not suggesting you should always play the 5% owned player, but if you’re just plugging in the 30% guy everyday without factoring the expected ownership of the rest of your lineup, expected value of both guys, your risk tolerance, etc, you’re going to make it even harder on yourself to bink a GPP.

I agree with everything said here. I would also add that you may find it useful to look at winning gpp lineups to check %.

• statrat2929

Never had DK early slate sell completely out by 2pm PDT. Anyone have insight into that? Will this be a common occurance going forward?

Am I seeing it correctly?

• goldengoat29

@Dewoc19 said...

Burns and Pavelski seem like locks to me

I wouldn’t call Pavelski and Burns locks, rather ‘compelling options.’ Once a player gets to $8,000 (as is Burns) it’s hard to ever say he’s a ‘lock.’ Every night there are cheaper options, returning more value. Don’t get me wrong, I still see the appeal of using these pricey players in the right match-ups. What concerns me with the Sharks players is the 6-day layoff — perhaps it won’t adversely affect them at all but you never know. Certainly so much rest is not optimal and it may take a while (if not the entire game) for the Sharks to get their legs back. Who knows?

Burns was playing at a level, exponentially higher, than he ever has in his 12-season career. Will this break be enough to jar him back into a former standard of play?

Chances are I will role with Burns and Pavelski (whom I like better). While my optimism for the former may be guarded, the match-up appears too good to sleep on.

• SA16

RG Overall Ranking

Personally I have Burns engraved in my lineup

• goldengoat29

@SA16 said...

Personally I have Burns engraved in my lineup

Yeah I don’t mean to suggest he isn’t a good play.

• kdub

Ive entered quite a few lu so im pretty happy with most of them which means they will all shit the bed

• BuckeyeMC

I noticed today that the FanDuel Big Doubleups ($5 and $2) have really shrunk in size, as well as their normal Double ups for the same entry fee, is this gonna continue? Has everyone started to jump ship and go to DK?

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@BuckeyeMC said...

I noticed today that the FanDuel Big Doubleups ($5 and $2) have really shrunk in size, as well as their normal Double ups for the same entry fee, is this gonna continue? Has everyone started to jump ship and go to DK?

Started? The FD GPP’S have been a joke all year. Yesterday was really fun when a few players I won’t name each bought up 10% of the Goal.

• MrRageR

I’m still waiting for the year that NHL GPP’s get larger prize pools. I’m excited to see what the payouts will be for this years live final on DK

• epot

@goldengoat29 said...

I wouldn’t call Pavelski and Burns locks, rather ‘compelling options.’ Once a player gets to $8,000 (as is Burns) it’s hard to ever say he’s a ‘lock.’ Every night there are cheaper options, returning more value. Don’t get me wrong, I still see the appeal of using these pricey players in the right match-ups. What concerns me with the Sharks players is the 6-day layoff — perhaps it won’t adversely affect them at all but you never know. Certainly so much rest is not optimal and it may take a while (if not the entire game) for the Sharks to get their legs back. Who knows?

Burns was playing at a level, exponentially higher, than he ever has in his 12-season career. Will this break be enough to jar him back into a former standard of play?

Chances are I will role with Burns and Pavelski (whom I like better). While my optimism for the former may be guarded, the match-up appears too good to sleep on.

I think the key to stacking Pavelski – Burns is the number of PP opportunities SJ gets. They seem to click well on the PP.

• ScottyP33

@mberkowi said...

Started? The FD GPP’S have been a joke all year. Yesterday was really fun when a few players I won’t name each bought up 10% of the Goal.

I have a hard time understanding the reason for the changes to FD Double, Triple, and Quintuple Ups. The $2 QU went from selling out 170 entries down to 56 entries. I played these tourneys almost every night, many times each slate. Ninety-five percent of the time, they sold out by lineup lock.
    I have been very disappointed by the lack of guaranteed cash games.

• BuckeyeMC

I’d rather play a double up with bigger numbers. I am thinking of changing to DK, for NHL.

• Dewoc19

SJ vs COL, I like my chances of them having a good night, if not I lick my wounds and call it just another day

• qatman

I’m rolling Markstrom in the late slate. At the least he should see plenty of action. That leaves lots of money for the big guns.

• TicketRaven

DK’s Daily – gotta have King Henrik, Bishop, Kuemper, and Holtby scattered throughout your multi lineups – I am thinking LA a winner tonight – like Toffoli, Kopitar, Doughty – sprinkled in with Wild’s Spurgeon and TBay’s Hedman. Good luck tonight all! Had a great daily night on DK’s last night – raked in $606 in the end – almost got close and sniffed the $1,000 prize – gonna keep building those lineups to a victory!

• dude_abides7

Carlson is a “go” tonight.

• goldengoat29

I was really having a hard time with Carlson and Hansen or Burns and Arvidsson. I chose the latter. In 50/50s often best to follow the money.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).