• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Carolina ( 170 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -200 ) —- T: 170
    7:05 PM :  Toronto ( 110 ) at  Florida ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    7:35 PM :  Montreal ( 0 ) at  Tampa Bay ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Philadelphia ( 125 ) at  St. Louis ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    10:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( -145 ) at  Vancouver ( 125 ) —- T: -145

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Indycrocodile

• Blogger of the Month

Do I trust Carter Hutton against the 1,000 shots he’ll face tonight? He’s only 7.7K on FD.

• Doornumber03

@Indycrocodile said...

Do I trust Carter Hutton against the 1,000 shots he’ll face tonight? He’s only 7.7K on FD.

if you do, make sure you have plenty to drink. I see the play, just can’t trust him.

• RollinNolan

I would honestly rather pay a little more for Budaj.

• Indycrocodile

• Blogger of the Month

With Budaj I just worry VAN will jump out to a 1-0 lead and grind it out with defense. He’s probably where I’ll end up though.

• Scumpunch

Unfortunately, yesterday’s forum league contest did not fill. I lowered the entries to 20 today, so let’s fill ‘er up! As always, let me know if you would like an invitation to join (it’s on DK).

• RollinNolan

@Indycrocodile said...

With Budaj I just worry VAN will jump out to a 1-0 lead and grind it out with defense. He’s probably where I’ll end up though.

I really think the Kings come out of the break with a vengeance. I also dont see Jeff Carter slowing down anytime soon. The Canucks are pretty bad so I dont see how he doesnt score a goal or 2.

• Indycrocodile

• Blogger of the Month

I hope you’re right, Nolan. I’ll definitely have pieces of Carter tonight. Maybe they’ll put him on a line that isn’t atrocious.

• RollinNolan

@Indycrocodile said...

I hope you’re right, Nolan. I’ll definitely have pieces of Carter tonight. Maybe they’ll put him on a line that isn’t atrocious.

Tanner Pearson has been coming alive as well.

• Indycrocodile

• Blogger of the Month

Looks like that whole line practiced as PP1 yesterday as well. I thought Carter was on LA3, but maybe that was for last game only? Not too expensive.

• Doornumber03

@Scumpunch said...

Unfortunately, yesterday’s forum league contest did not fill. I lowered the entries to 20 today, so let’s fill ‘er up! As always, let me know if you would like an invitation to join (it’s on DK).

Thanks scum, hopefully today fills

• babaloos

@Indycrocodile said...

I watched the first LA vs Van game and vancouber hardly touched the puck after the first period. 12 shots and 1 goal allowed i could see for budaj

• awilson45

@Scumpunch said...

I’ll play, awilson32214

• flip4flop

Why is Matthews displayed on TOR 3rd line on the RG lineups page? Is that a change I thought he was still skating on the 2nd?

• bstreich9

@flip4flop said...

Why is Matthews displayed on TOR 3rd line on the RG lineups page? Is that a change I thought he was still skating on the 2nd?

DFO has him paired with Hyman on 3rd line with Connor Brown. Nylander is paired with Komarov and Kadri on L1

• Indycrocodile

• Blogger of the Month

He practiced on the 3rd line yesterday.

• flip4flop

@Indycrocodile said...

He practiced on the 3rd line yesterday.

thanks, missed the last two days of movement and news

• Scumpunch

Bozak might be back tonight. It’s fairly arbitrary which Toronto line you consider 1, 2, and 3. If you asked Mike Babcock, I doubt he would know what you are talking about. At home, the Matthews and Bozak lines are the “scoring” lines, and the Kadri line is the “shut-down” line. On the road, it’s harder to deploy Kadri in a shut down role, which is why you often see Nylander on his wing on the road. This makes it very difficult for the opposing team to decide which line to try to shut down, as all 3 lines can burn you.

Florida typically matches the Barkov line against opposing teams’ top lines. This line is has been very strong defensively, and I want to avoid whichever Toronto line they match up against. The problem is, which line will that be tonight? In the Leafs’ 2 most recent road games, Arizona and Colorado treated the Matthews line as the top line, so my gut says it will be the same tonight. If so, I’m likely off the Matthews line and on the other two lines.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@flip4flop said...

Looks like Bozak may return tonight, so the lines were jumbled again. It isn’t certain Bozak is playing, though, which is always a really frustrating situation. I presume if he sits out Kadri will go back to playing between Marner and JVR.

EDIT: I see that SP commented about the same a couple minutes before I did!

• goldengoat29

Bozak was activated from the IR, I guess that indicates he is playing.

• zshoom

• 2016 Single Entry Series Finalist

@Scumpunch said...

Bozak might be back tonight. It’s fairly arbitrary which Toronto line you consider 1, 2, and 3. If you asked Mike Babcock, I doubt he would know what you are talking about. At home, the Matthews and Bozak lines are the “scoring” lines, and the Kadri line is the “shut-down” line. On the road, it’s harder to deploy Kadri in a shut down role, which is why you often see Nylander on his wing on the road. This makes it very difficult for the opposing team to decide which line to try to shut down, as all 3 lines can burn you.

Florida typically matches the Barkov line against opposing teams’ top lines. This line is has been very strong defensively, and I want to avoid whichever Toronto line they match up against. The problem is, which line will that be tonight? In the Leafs’ 2 most recent road games, Arizona and Colorado treated the Matthews line as the top line, so my gut says it will be the same tonight. If so, I’m likely off the Matthews line and on the other two lines.

Arizona and Colorado are probably the two worst teams in the league. I don’t think they should be used as a benchmark for anything.

I think Florida will match the Barkov line with the JVR line.

• goldengoat29

Pens blueline is cursed: Dumoulin out 4-6 weeks with broken jaw.

• Scumpunch

@zshoom said...

Arizona and Colorado are probably the two worst teams in the league. I don’t think they should be used as a benchmark for anything.

I think Florida will match the Barkov line with the JVR line.

I don’t think the quality of the teams is very relevant, unless you believe their coaching staffs are incompetent (which is fair).
    Looking back a little further, it seems BOS, VAN, CGY, and MTL all focused more on the Bozak/JVR/Marner line, but this was before Matthews scored 10 goals in 14 games. I think it could go both ways.

• goldengoat29

@Scumpunch said...

I don’t think the quality of the teams is very relevant, unless you believe their coaching staffs are incompetent (which is fair).
    Looking back a little further, it seems BOS, VAN, CGY, and MTL all focused more on the Bozak/JVR/Marner line, but this was before Matthews scored 10 goals in 14 games. I think it could go both ways.

What site do you use to get this data?

• Scumpunch

I use the game logs on http://www.hockeyviz.com/
    Great site, especially if you love graphs!

• goldengoat29

@Scumpunch said...

I use the game logs on http://www.hockeyviz.com/
    Great site, especially if you love graphs!

Thanks!

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).