• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Carolina ( 170 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -200 ) —- T: 170
    7:05 PM :  Toronto ( 110 ) at  Florida ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    7:35 PM :  Montreal ( 0 ) at  Tampa Bay ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    8:05 PM :  Philadelphia ( 125 ) at  St. Louis ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    10:05 PM :  Los Angeles ( -145 ) at  Vancouver ( 125 ) —- T: -145

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• goldengoat29

These hockey sites are so slow loading. Where do they have their servers? In the Yukon?

• goldengoat29

Thanks again, Scumpunch. This is the site I have been looking for.

• scsa1998

And the RG Forum league contest has filled today with 5 hours to go. Great job guys.

• epot

thx scum I guess 20 is the magic number…also in reading the first page of todays forum it;s not hard to see what leaf line is going to be well played. :)

• cchap2

Thoughts on Simmonds/Schenn at St. Louis? I think Voracek/Giroux draws Petro/Jay Bo and Simmonds/Schenn will get Shattenkirk/Gunnarsson

• JPep2370

Hey all, I’m kinda new to both NHL and NBA but trying to build a bank roll by doing 50/50’s(was told this was a good way), anyway, looking for some cash plays tonight other than standard Crosby, Tarasenko, I’ve built 1 lu buy not thrilled with it, been missing that pay line on DK in my 50/50’s by anywhere from 2-8 points over the last week or week and half so getting a little frustrated I’m missing something, I usually punt the D and util positions so perhaps that’s my problem, any advice or tips on 50/50 guys or a basic play 1-2 studs and rest mid tier guys recommendations?? thx guys

• Scumpunch

@epot said...

thx scum I guess 20 is the magic number…also in reading the first page of todays forum it;s not hard to see what leaf line is going to be well played. :)

We’ll see, I may end up on Matthews after all. I’ve rostered him almost every game this year, why stop now?

• epot

@Scumpunch said...

We’ll see, I may end up on Matthews after all. I’ve rostered him almost every game this year, why stop now?

ya ive used him mostly with hyman or brown. what i haven’t done is used all three yet? I’m seriously thinkin of Car tonight? just not sure which ones.

• rosineater

@zshoom said...

Arizona and Colorado are probably the two worst teams in the league. I don’t think they should be used as a benchmark for anything.

I think Florida will match the Barkov line with the JVR line.

They usually put Barkov’s line vs the opposing second line. On paper that’s the JVR line but in reality it’s tough to say.

Pretty sure they’ll try and keep them away from the Kadri line, so that’s where I’m going.

• zshoom

• 2016 Single Entry Series Finalist

@Scumpunch said...

I don’t think the quality of the teams is very relevant, unless you believe their coaching staffs are incompetent (which is fair).
    Looking back a little further, it seems BOS, VAN, CGY, and MTL all focused more on the Bozak/JVR/Marner line, but this was before Matthews scored 10 goals in 14 games. I think it could go both ways.

Quality of teams is relevant. The players AZ and Colorado used against Matthews are also the players they rely on for offense – it is possible they wanted to get Hanzal, Macinnon etc away from the Kadri/JVR/Marner line and thought they could exploit Matthews head to head.

Either way, 10 goals in 14 games definitely gets people’s attention so I guess we will have to wait and see. Personally I am more interested in the Panthers anyway – as long as Barkov is not up against Komarov and Kadri I’m good with the matchup.

• zshoom

@rosineater said...

They usually put Barkov’s line vs the opposing second line. On paper that’s the JVR line but in reality it’s tough to say.

Pretty sure they’ll try and keep them away from the Kadri line, so that’s where I’m going.

Toronto’s listed second line is a basically a first line, the first line is a checking line, the third line has an elite goal scorer….

I guess we are just going to have to wait and see. Probably a pretty safe bet that Florida will not want Barkov going up against Kadri though.

• JENSGT

@Scumpunch said...

Unfortunately, yesterday’s forum league contest did not fill. I lowered the entries to 20 today, so let’s fill ‘er up! As always, let me know if you would like an invitation to join (it’s on DK).

Jensgt I will join

• zshoom

@Scumpunch said...

I use the game logs on http://www.hockeyviz.com/
    Great site, especially if you love graphs!

http://www.leftwinglock.com/line-matching/

This one is pretty useful too.

• Doornumber03

@Indycrocodile said...

Do I trust Carter Hutton against the 1,000 shots he’ll face tonight? He’s only 7.7K on FD.

God I was shaking my head at this comment this morning, but it does make sense. Just don’t know if I have the balls to play him. I don’t think Budaj is going to see enough shots for a GPP goalie

• Indycrocodile

• Blogger of the Month

@Doornumber03 said...

God I was shaking my head at this comment this morning, but it does make sense. Just don’t know if I have the balls to play him. I don’t think Budaj is going to see enough shots for a GPP goalie

I just couldn’t do it. I do have plenty of alcohol at home thanks to the holidays, though. I read that VAN is averaging over 28 shots per game, but that’s not always against LA and their possession-mongering ways. I heard some rumblings for Luongo and Mason in chat today.

• Doornumber03

@Indycrocodile said...

I just couldn’t do it. I do have plenty of alcohol at home thanks to the holidays, though. I read that VAN is averaging over 28 shots per game, but that’s not always against LA and their possession-mongering ways. I heard some rumblings for Luongo and Mason in chat today.

I kinda see Luongo, but I think Philly gets lit up.

• goldengoat29

You guys really think Hutton is gonna see so many shots? I think he has the lowest upside of any goalie on the slate to be honest.

• kirby34

@goldengoat29 said...

You guys really think Hutton is gonna see so many shots? I think he has the lowest upside of any goalie on the slate to be honest.

Who do you think has the highest upside? I am having a tough time deciding between Lu and Murray.

• Scumpunch

@zshoom said...

Quality of teams is relevant. The players AZ and Colorado used against Matthews are also the players they rely on for offense – it is possible they wanted to get Hanzal, Macinnon etc away from the Kadri/JVR/Marner line and thought they could exploit Matthews head to head.

Either way, 10 goals in 14 games definitely gets people’s attention so I guess we will have to wait and see. Personally I am more interested in the Panthers anyway – as long as Barkov is not up against Komarov and Kadri I’m good with the matchup.

That makes a lot of sense actually. Thanks

• keephustlincuz

Anyone using players from the Carolina Valuecanes?

• rosineater

@JPep2370 said...

Hey all, I’m kinda new to both NHL and NBA but trying to build a bank roll by doing 50/50’s(was told this was a good way), anyway, looking for some cash plays tonight other than standard Crosby, Tarasenko, I’ve built 1 lu buy not thrilled with it, been missing that pay line on DK in my 50/50’s by anywhere from 2-8 points over the last week or week and half so getting a little frustrated I’m missing something, I usually punt the D and util positions so perhaps that’s my problem, any advice or tips on 50/50 guys or a basic play 1-2 studs and rest mid tier guys recommendations?? thx guys

There’s no magic formula to winning at DFS, it takes practice and learning.

Some basic points to get you thinking..

- hockey is a high-variance DFS game. A week or 2 is way too small a sample to judge whether or not what you’re doing is working.

- for cash games, don’t overlook shots and blocked shots. These are more predictable than scoring and guys who do a lot of this give you a nice floor. If you punt defenceman, consider the big shot blockers.

- look for underpriced guys. Often these are guys who have moved to better line situations and/or gained PP time.

- emphasize expected time on ice for cash games

• kirby34

Any idea why the Penguins line keeps falling? Was at -195 now it’s at -163 and still falling.

• sportznutt

I’m going heavy on Phi/StL

• goldengoat29

@kirby34 said...

Any idea why the Penguins line keeps falling? Was at -195 now it’s at -163 and still falling.

Penguins ravaged blueline? Although Daley returns tonight.

• rosineater

@kirby34 said...

Line too high to begin with?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).