• Blogger of the Month

7:35 PM :  Montreal ( 0 ) at  Tampa Bay ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Boston ( 0 ) at  Washington ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:35 PM :  Philadelphia ( 100 ) at  Florida ( -120 ) —- T: 100
    9:05 PM :  Toronto ( -170 ) at  Arizona ( 150 ) —- T: -170
    10:05 PM :  Chicago ( -130 ) at  Vancouver ( 110 ) —- T: -130
    10:05 PM :  Vegas ( 130 ) at  Los Angeles ( -150 ) —- T: 130
    10:35 PM :  Calgary ( 0 ) at  San Jose ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PhoFever

@Blahaaron said...

You don’t get why people like to give their opinions on a forum? Every time a person announces lines and goalies they like and don’t like they’re influencing someone but they can’t control what anyone does. We all have free will.

I get this, I’m just talking about the super (over) confident predictions. It’s not the regular posters; it’s usually the people who post one line and disappear (“CHI3 for the win!!!”)

• Blahaaron

@Seahawktom said...

I get this, I’m just talking about the super (over) confident predictions. It’s not the regular posters; it’s usually the people who post one line and disappear (“CHI3 for the win!!!”)

TIL Chicago has a third line. I gotta play em now!

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Can’t get myself to play the $8 tonight. Going back to my quarter roots haha Did solid last night but was pretty lucky. I’ll get me some TB chalk and possibly some WSH to maybe differentiate.

• NextSignal

@Seahawktom said...

I agree. Of course all are technically free to fire off any opinion that they want for any reason, but I definitely appreciate it much more when people offer some analysis or reasoning for their bold opinions. It can definitely seem like intentional misdirection when somebody fires off a clearly contrarian claim with no support whatsoever. Reason #978 to only incorporate this board in your process, and only slightly. Definitely don’t depend on it.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Did two quick lineups and entered them in the Line Change and in the Sniper. TBL1 with VAN1 and with VAN2.

• Blahaaron

@hautalak said...

Can’t get myself to play the $8 tonight. Going back to my quarter roots haha Did solid last night but was pretty lucky. I’ll get me some TB chalk and possibly some WSH to maybe differentiate.

How close have you come to finishing top in the quarter jukebox? Which is nearly full by 509 pm. Happens almost every night. You’d think those dodo heads at DK would make it slightly bigger. I just do a couple quarters and a sniper. Contest selection is key to survival here. Think I’ll wait for the 2nd sniper to open. Those are easier.

• Blahaaron

@Felixxberg said...

Did two quick lineups and entered them in the Line Change and in the Sniper. TBL1 with VAN1 and with VAN2.

I have TBL1 with MTL4 minus Hudon. Stupid DK won’t put him as a centre.
    Those were tight squeezes weren’t they?

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@Felixxberg said...

I miss Boeser-Baert-Horvat! I’m doing some Van 1 combos myself.

Looks like Price is in net for Montreal, sadly.

• NextSignal

@Zieg30 said...

I miss Boeser-Baert-Horvat! I’m doing some Van 1 combos myself.

Looks like Price is in net for Montreal, sadly.

I have much more faith in Vancouver at home than Forsberg on the road. Surprised to see Forsberg getting a little love today as a goalie choice. I’ll have 0%.

• sizzlebeans

@NextSignal said...

I have much more faith in Vancouver at home than Forsberg on the road. Surprised to see Forsberg getting a little love today as a goalie choice. I’ll have 0%.

I don’t want either goalie in that one. VAN has allowed 3 or more goals in 9 straight games, with 5 of those games allowing 5+ goals. That game could be a gold mine tonight if both teams continue to play like they have. CHI has no defense outside of Keith, and now they don’t have Super-Crawf back there to bail them out.

• hautalak

• x2

@Blahaaron said...

How close have you come to finishing top in the quarter jukebox? Which is nearly full by 509 pm.

Well this year I luckboxed a 3 game slate and won it but that was when it was $50. LAK L3 before it became a thing.

Yeah I’m so sick of this shit filling constantly. I think like people have been saying they want people to up the ante, which I am not comfortable with. Last night I went “big” ($20 – 4 $5 lineups haha) for the Holiday Special but that was because it was only $5 and a 10K top prize and I was missing hockey. I bet we could get a 4K – 6K quarter contest every night and it would fill. Half the NBA size seems about right.

I might play both sides of the CHI/VAN game tonight. Might be a sneaky goalfest.

• Blahaaron

@hautalak said...

Well this year I luckboxed a 3 game slate and won it but that was when it was $50. LAK L3 before it became a thing.

Yeah I’m so sick of this shit filling constantly. I think like people have been saying they want people to up the ante, which I am not comfortable with. Last night I went “big” ($20 – 4 $5 lineups haha) for the Holiday Special but that was because it was only $5 and a 10K top prize and I was missing hockey. I bet we could get a 4K – 6K quarter contest every night and it would fill. Half the NBA size seems about right.

I might play both sides of the CHI/VAN game tonight. Might be a sneaky goalfest.

I know it would fill. And hell I would even be fine with them upping the entry limit if they needed to. The quarter games are fun. Although it seems like we see the same names at the top every week which is good for them I guess. I just want to know how they do it. Lol. I know they max out every night and pick a few lines to match with. Good luck!

• hautalak

• x2

@Blahaaron said...

I know it would fill. And hell I would even be fine with them upping the entry limit if they needed to. The quarter games are fun. Although it seems like we see the same names at the top every week which is good for them I guess. I just want to know how they do it. Lol. I know they max out every night and pick a few lines to match with. Good luck!

No doubt I was even fine with 150 back when you could, although I do prefer 20 now since I rarely max even at 20. Yeah those guys are good for sure and give them all the credit in the world, even when their lineup seems crazy.

If I knew I’d be playing Felix stakes haha I’m too impatient to try and build a BR but just enjoy making lineups and prefer GPP style. Good luck to you as well.

Also anybody rolling out Holtby?

• Danforth11

Whose yals favorite value D men tonight?

• kirby34

@Danforth11 said...

Martinez or Matheson on DK.

• Blahaaron

@hautalak said...

No doubt I was even fine with 150 back when you could, although I do prefer 20 now since I rarely max even at 20. Yeah those guys are good for sure and give them all the credit in the world, even when their lineup seems crazy.

If I knew I’d be playing Felix stakes haha I’m too impatient to try and build a BR but just enjoy making lineups and prefer GPP style. Good luck to you as well.

Also anybody rolling out Holtby?

Khudobin, Quick and Vasi. Maybe tonight is when BOS1 or WSH1 comes alive. So many quiet lines lately.

• Blahaaron

@Danforth11 said...

Biega, Matheson, Chychrun, Brodie, Seabrook.

• kirby34

I’m still stuck on my 2nd line. Having trouble deciding between Van2, FLA1, or SJ1. Van2 gives me the highest upside, but FLA1 and SJ1 give me a more balanced lineup.

• Blahaaron

Anyone going for Backes, Nash and Heinen.

• canuck1995

Montreal changed lines from yesterday

https://twitter.com/JFChaumontJDM/status/946532973440053248

• PhoFever

I made a LU to cover every Leaf line blow-up scenario (minus #4) and stirred in liberal quantities of FLA1, SJ1, TB2 and smattering of CHI. I’m liking TOR2 the most for GPP…think that L1&3 will be the chalkiest. If the Leafs blow it as a team, I’m really screwed. Can’t fathom that they are caught off guard by ARI again, though, especially with the Matthews homecoming narrative.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@NextSignal said...

I didn’t even consider Forsberg today!

• Blahaaron

@Seahawktom said...

I made a LU to cover every Leaf line blow-up scenario (minus #4) and stirred in liberal quantities of FLA1, SJ1, TB2 and smattering of CHI. I’m liking L2 the most for GPP…think that L1&3 will be the chalkiest. If the Leafs blow it as a team, I’m really screwed. Can’t fathom that they are caught off guard by ARI again, though, especially with the Matthews homecoming narrative.

The leafs yotes game is tricky. You have the Matthews homecoming but you also have Keller who no doubt does not want to be upstaged by the hometown boy considering he’s the top dog in Arizona now and you have Max Domi who’s always excited to play against TOR. Which is why I stacked those two lines in one game .

• walkoff9

RG Overall Ranking

stack boston and get nothing despite 2 goals in 2 minutes. smh

• Blahaaron

@Blahaaron said...

Anyone going for Backes, Nash and Heinen.

Of course Backes gets the goal.and I had his line in the sniper and changed it.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).