7:35 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( -130 ) at  Detroit ( 110 ) —- T: -130
    7:35 PM :  Columbus ( -135 ) at  Ottawa ( 115 ) —- T: -135
    8:05 PM :  Nashville ( -115 ) at  Minnesota ( -105 ) —- T: -115
    8:05 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 128 ) at  Winnipeg ( -141 ) —- T: 128
    8:35 PM :  St. Louis ( 125 ) at  Dallas ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    9:05 PM :  Chicago ( 0 ) at  Edmonton ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    9:05 PM :  Toronto ( 0 ) at  Colorado ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    10:05 PM :  Calgary ( 125 ) at  Anaheim ( -175 ) —- T: 125

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• Ranked #96

RG Tiered Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

Great slate tonight.

Also using my ticket for the $333 FHWC qualifier, and finding it real tough to settle on a lineup for it. NJ, WPG, and EDM seem to be in fantastic matchups. With Carolina, Tampa, Anaheim, and Colorado tempting as well.

• rannas23

Can anyone explain why in the Marketplace section, NHL is the only major sport that doesn’t get an package offered throughout the season? I see a season preview but that’s it. A lot of things change after the season starts. I don’t know a lot about NHL so I was hoping to try out a package deal from an expert and see how it goes. I mean they have one for MMA and not NHL. Is the contests just not that popular in NHL?

• PhoFever

@Zieg30 said...

Great slate tonight.

Also using my ticket for the $333 FHWC qualifier, and finding it real tough to settle on a lineup for it. NJ, WPG, and EDM seem to be in fantastic matchups. With Carolina, Tampa, Anaheim, and Colorado tempting as well.

I agree with you about EDM. I have lots of Connie McD and Leo in my first 3 lineups. WPG has some good value tonight, especially L2. I’m also counting on ANA do do tonight what SJ couldn’t last night, that is, pot more than one goal against the Flames weak PK.

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

+$100 yesterday with only two lineups. I’m on a roll! No obvious pick for tonight, which makes it a nice slate!

• PhoFever

@Felixxberg said...

+$100 yesterday with only two lineups. I’m on a roll! No obvious pick for tonight, which makes it a nice slate!

Nice work. What were the entry fees?

• Blahaaron

All my lineups are based around Schneider, EDM2.

• Blahaaron

@Felixxberg said...

You did awesome. Good job. And may the good luck keep rollin

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

No obvious pick for tonight

Seems like EDM is top chalk of the night coming off back to backs and getting womped last night. They have no one to help stop the bleeding at the moment.

• Blahaaron

@sizzlebeans said...

Seems like EDM is top chalk of the night coming off back to backs and getting womped last night. They have no one to help stop the bleeding at the moment.

Agreed. And it doesn’t feel like old stars returning has helped them one bit. No help from Sharp or Saad.

• Blahaaron

I think I’ll start keeping track of the goalies and how well they do and how much they went up or down before the games. Maybe I’ll make a thread for that so everyone can see. There has to be some useful information there.

• yisman

looking over last night. Kadri played three minutes and left to ruin my yahoo 7 and 8 PM lineups.

Anisimov played 3 minutes and left to ruin my DK pick’em lineup.

• Blahaaron

@rannas23 said...

Can anyone explain why in the Marketplace section, NHL is the only major sport that doesn’t get an package offered throughout the season? I see a season preview but that’s it. A lot of things change after the season starts. I don’t know a lot about NHL so I was hoping to try out a package deal from an expert and see how it goes. I mean they have one for MMA and not NHL. Is the contests just not that popular in NHL?

When NBA, NFL or MLB, hell even golf, when those are on no one really cares about the NHL except for a small group of people. But we can help you. There is a website called daily faceoff or leftwing lock where you can find the lines to play if you want to play like that.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/

Last night a line went off and got 35 points. That is A LOT.
    My suggestion is to just take note which lines people say they are playing and see what you can do with those. Some lines are hotter than others and when players get rolling they can go on a tear for a few games.its vital to check out what lines or players have done in the last 5 games and who their opponent is. If their opponent is weak and lets in many goals it’s a good idea to pick a line that is playing against them.

• Blahaaron

@rannas23 said...

To get you started, lines I like tonight that are reasonably priced (you can easily fit with other lines):

Edmonton Oilers 2 (Draisital, Strome, Khaira)

Edmonton Oilers 1 (Mcdavid, Lucic, Puliarvji)

New Jersey Devils 1 (Hirschier, Hall, Bratt)

Tampa Bay Lightning 2 (Point, Johnson, Palat)

New York Islanders I2 (Barzal, Johnson, Ladd)

Winnipeg Jets 2 (Little, Ehlers, Perreault)

Toronto Maple Leafs 1 (Matthews, Nylander, Hyman)

Columbus Blue Jackets 1 (Dubois, Anderson, Panarin.

Carolina Hurricanes 1 ( Staal, Aho, Terravinen)

I am mixing and matching those tonight.

You may want to spend up on a goalie also..ive been finding lately that the best goalies are the most money. Sometimes rhough, they arent. It really just depends who is playing.

• PhoFever

What’s the general sentiment towards CBJ skaters tonight? I almost always make a homer stack with them. DIdn’t last game after Atkinson and Wenneberg went down, and of course they had a pretty good game in PIT. So I’m back to thinking I should thrown in a stack. My reservations come down to the fact that although Ottawa has been a mess lately, they’ve also played 9 of their last 12 on the road, and the blind squirrel will find a nut eventually.

• tyman200

Am I the only one who prefers the islanders side over the winnepeg side of that game?

• Blahaaron

@Seahawktom said...

What’s the general sentiment towards CBJ skaters tonight? I almost always make a homer stack with them. DIdn’t last game after Atkinson and Wenneberg went down, and of course they had a pretty good game in PIT. So I’m back to thinking I should thrown in a stack. My reservations come down to the fact that although Ottawa has been a mess lately, they’ve also played 9 of their last 12 on the road, and the blind squirrel will find a nut eventually.

I think CBJ will have a good game tonight. Seth Jones has been pushing the plays. If it weren’t for him they’d be lost out there. So he’s gonna have another big night.

• Blahaaron

@tyman200 said...

Am I the only one who prefers the islanders side over the winnepeg side of that game?

That game looks like a high scoring all hell breaks loose kind of game. You could probably line stack that one. Watch out for Perreault. Seems like any time he is promoted to the top 6 he explodes. And then they put him back down for some dumb reason. I know spots are limited but I think he is a better player than Connor.

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Going after this COL/TOR game and might have to go with the COL side since Pickard was their backup and should have a better idea of where he’s weak at. COL is also at home so I think that’s where I’ll start for today.

• Blahaaron

@hautalak said...

Going after this COL/TOR game and might have to go with the COL side since Pickard was their backup and should have a better idea of where he’s weak at. COL is also at home so I think that’s where I’ll start for today.

Yep
    Could be the game where COL1 crushes it after so many disappointments.

• Felixxberg

@Seahawktom said...

Nice work. What were the entry fees?

Thanks! 2 entries in the Line Change (2 x $33) and 2 entries in the Sniper (2 x $3) with the same lineups.

• Felixxberg

@Blahaaron said...

You did awesome. Good job. And may the good luck keep rollin

Thanks! I’ll do my best to keep rollin rollin rollin on!

• Blahaaron

Are we even sure Pickard is playing? He was just recalled this morning. I would think Andersen is gonna play again as other goalies have played back to back because of injuries. It would be an extremely dumb move to make his first game against his old team who know all his weaknesses.

• mberkowi

• 2018 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@rannas23 said...

You’re on the wrong site if You’re looking for NHL experts my friend. And TBH, there are at most 5-10 NHL experts who are respected winning players. You should check out DailyRoto. Drewby crushes.

• Blahaaron

@mberkowi said...

You’re on the wrong site if You’re looking for NHL experts my friend. And TBH, there are at most 5-10 NHL experts who are respected winning players. You should check out DailyRoto. Drewby crushes.

No, he’s on the right site to learn. There are many players who post here every day who know what they are doing. But I never see you post and I don’t know who you are. I’m sure you’re “someone” but don’t come on a forum you never post in and talk down about everyones skill here. I think we all do quite well thanks.

• epot

looks like it might be pickard in leaf net..certainly enhances a col1 play?

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).