7:05 PM :  Toronto ( -130 ) at  Vancouver ( 110 ) —- T: -130
    7:05 PM :  Washington ( -110 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    7:05 PM :  Detroit ( 180 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -220 ) —- T: 180
    7:05 PM :  Winnipeg ( 170 ) at  St. Louis ( -200 ) —- T: 170
    7:05 PM :  Florida ( -125 ) at  Ottawa ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    8:05 PM :  Columbus ( -140 ) at  Arizona ( 120 ) —- T: -140
    9:05 PM :  Dallas ( -110 ) at  Colorado ( -110 ) —- T: -110
    10:05 PM :  Anaheim ( -105 ) at  Edmonton ( -115 ) —- T: -105

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• sooted72

cant find jimmy waite on fan duel…

• Olhausen

It’s pretty dead in here for an 8 game slate. Columbus the chalk tonight?

• Scumpunch

@Olhausen said...

It’s pretty dead in here for an 8 game slate. Columbus the chalk tonight?

PIT will be mega-chalk. CBJ should be in the next tier along with STL

• bdvratoric

I don’t have any Pens in my lineup. I feel like with the pricing it’s hard. To me, Tarasenko has the highest ceiling on the slate, and with him locked in to my lineup I can’t really fit Hornqvist or Crosby in. That would leave someone like Sheary at 5.4k, but for the same price you can have Draisatl.

I like the Dal Col game a lot. Bourque has some nice upside at his 4.5 price

Who does everyone have at goalie? I’m using bob tonight, 200 less than Fleury and obviously a lot better

• Poochy16

I think Frederick Anderson is in play for goal tonight. High ownership is probable, but I’m going to be spreading some lineups across PIT, CLS, WPG, STL, and WSH. I think Ovi is due to go off tonight against a TB team that gives up above average g/gp and s/gp, and has 4th most PIM/game.

• TimmerRC

I’ve got bits of Pitts StL and edm wrapped around clm.

I actually managed a dk lineup with Crosby mcdavid and ovechkin that works!

• DirtyDylz

Mike smith is too scary for me to like the Blue Jackets… guy has the ability to shut a team down when he’s on, and he has been on often lately

• McDavid97

Letestu at 3k on fanduel? Playing on first power play unit

• TicketRaven

Zett playing hard tonight.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@TicketRaven said...

Zett playing hard tonight.

first night in a few I decided to completely fade his line… I hope that’s it from them tonight.

• goldengoat29

For a DraftKings 50/50 — can’t decide which one of these 3 for my UTL slot. Price not an issue:

Erik Johnson (vs Dallas)
    Ekman-Larsson (vs Columbus)
    Vrbata (vs Columbus)

Whichever one I take will be the only player I have from Colorado and Arizona.

I’m really liking Vrbata and Ekman without Bob in net, but as of right now I have in Johnson.

• awilson45

@goldengoat29 said...

For a DraftKings 50/50 — can’t decide which one of these 3 for my UTL slot. Price not an issue:

Erik Johnson (vs Dallas)
    Ekman-Larsson (vs Columbus)
    Vrbata (vs Columbus)

Whichever one I take will be the only player I have from Colorado and Arizona.

I’m really liking Vrbata and Ekman without Bob in net, but as of right now I have in Johnson.

Ekman-Larsson IMO

• goldengoat29

@awilson45 said...

Ekman-Larsson IMO

I wound up using Erik Johnson … or so I thought.

I was making edits to the live scoring page and I absentmindedly failed to realize I was only making edits to a lineup in a single contest.

One of my contests has a combination of Foligno/Erik Johnson (what I intended) and the rest have Saad/Vrbata. Earlier I was going back and forth between Foligno and Saad. Hopefully this is a happy accident.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@awilson45 said...

Ekman-Larsson IMO

I have him in a lineup tonight, but he’s been so ineffective lately. He is not the DFS player he was last season, that’s for sure.

• goldengoat29

@Zieg30 said...

I have him in a lineup tonight, but he’s been so ineffective lately. He is not the DFS player he was last season, that’s for sure.

What makes you say that? So much season left.

• goldengoat29

I hope I don’t get burned by this unintended hedge — if you would call it a hedge, I have 80% of my money on a previous draft of my lineup. In the bulk of my lineups I have no Avalanche exposure, not exploiting the Stars is a dangerous proposition. I wound up using (or so I thought) Erik Johnson because he averaged over 5 DK pts per game in 4 contests against the Stars last year. I guess Johnson’s combination of shooting and shot blocking is a good match against a porous and pressuring Stars team.

Second night in a row something happened — although if there’s a silver lining I have a starting netminder tonight. Eh — it’s Fleury. Maybe I should have used Bobrovsky…

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

Holy crap scoring has been so spread out tonight. Does a single line have two goals yet?

• goldengoat29

@Zieg30 said...

Holy crap scoring has been so spread out tonight. Does a single line have two goals yet?

Doesn’t matter in cash.

I was convinced Shattenkirk was the Blues blueliner to use. Given how undisciplined the Jets are and him being the one to soak up the most PP time. Using such logic in hockey doesn’t always pay off. I fell $100 short of a very nice lineup but I insisted on keeping in Shattenkirk instead of going with Pietrangelo to make it work.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

Super low scoring night thus far.

Could come down to the ANH/EDM game.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@goldengoat29 said...

What makes you say that? So much season left.

Oh of course, tons of season left, and he could still prove otherwise. My general sense at the moment is that he simply doesn’t have the floor that he did previously.

• goldengoat29

@Zieg30 said...

Super low scoring night thus far.

Could come down to the ANH/EDM game.

It has been — at least the chalky Penguins erupted or you would have heard my diatribe.

I got none of EDM/ANA in cash. Draisaitl and Getzlaf are the best plays per $ IMO.

One problem I have is seeing guys like Gelzlaf wickedly cheap but it’s hard to even pay the discounted price because you haven’t seen anything yet. You’re waiting to get aboard the regression to the mean train but you’re uncertain at one time it’ll pull into the station. I have a spreadsheet with all my calculations and Getzlaf should be averaging 4+ PPG on DraftKings. I don’t think he’s past his prime. He has a skillset which should age well and last year he started strong then was 4 PPG player in the second half if I’m not mistaken.

Another guy like this is Jamie Benn. Only $7100 on DraftKings. Such a palatable price for a player of his caliber but he has been astoundedly dull this year, with the exception of a few games. He kills the Blues of all teams…

• depstein1985

There is a $0 goalie who may start in FD tomorrow night

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@depstein1985 said...

There is a $0 goalie who may start in FD tomorrow night

Absolutely no reason he’d start. Darling will be.

Still a mistake, one of many from FD’s NHL DFS pricing department, but this one shouldn’t change much. In no way shape or form should anyone be picking a $0 non-starting goalie.

• goldengoat29

@Zieg30 said...

Absolutely no reason he’d start. Darling will be.

Still a mistake, one of many from FD’s NHL DFS pricing department, but this one shouldn’t change much. In no way shape or form should anyone be picking a $0 non-starting goalie.

I don’t play on FanDuel but couldn’t wasting the goalie slot and going all out on the best skaters be an idea?

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

@goldengoat29 said...

I don’t play on FanDuel but couldn’t wasting the goalie slot and going all out on the best skaters be an idea?

The only time I can see it making any sense to punt a position is if a d-man is incorrectly priced at $0. Otherwise I can’t see it making any sense at all.

You can’t win a GPP (on any normal night) with a 0 at goalie.

I don’t play cash, so can’t say how viable it could be there.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).