7:05 PM :  Florida ( 0 ) at  Philadelphia ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    7:05 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( -135 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( 115 ) —- T: -135
    7:05 PM :  Vancouver ( 150 ) at  New Jersey ( -170 ) —- T: 150
    8:05 PM :  Montreal ( 110 ) at  St. Louis ( -130 ) —- T: 110
    8:05 PM :  Colorado ( 175 ) at  Nashville ( -210 ) —- T: 175
    8:05 PM :  Detroit ( 125 ) at  Winnipeg ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    8:35 PM :  Calgary ( 125 ) at  Dallas ( -145 ) —- T: 125
    8:35 PM :  Arizona ( 0 ) at  Chicago ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• cplatt87

Kane/Panarin will probably take a lot of the skater ownership with Arizona on a B2B, so they would be my pick for the chalky skaters.

• julieduke33

@cplatt87 said...

Kane/Panarin will probably take a lot of the skater ownership with Arizona on a B2B, so they would be my pick for the chalky skaters.

I agree with you on that and team them with a cheap Darling…(at least on FD)…

• tristanwolf

Agree. 9 game slate but i bet kane comes in around 30%? 25% panarin? I know i’m not fading.

• cplatt87

@julieduke33 said...

I agree with you on that and team them with a cheap Darling…(at least on FD)…

Ya Darling is actually pretty pricey on DK. I prefer Schneider at a similar price in just as good a matchup (for probably lower ownership as well)

• cplatt87

@tristanwolf said...

Agree. 9 game slate but i bet kane comes in around 30%? 25% panarin? I know i’m not fading.

I’m also eating the chalk with Kane/Panarin tonight. I think there’s enough good plays out there to differentiate elsewhere. Matchup is too good to ignore IMO

• keephustlincuz

Do I get tarasenko at < 7%

• julieduke33

It also seems that all of my big cashes the last two years have come with Kane/panarin in the LU…

• julieduke33

@keephustlincuz said...

Do I get tarasenko at < 7%

Don’t know about that low with all the mass entry guys but will be significantly lower than Kane I would think…

• julieduke33

Little/ehlers or Stepan/zuccarello???

• dude_abides7

I know it’s chalky by that Kane/Panarin/Anis line correlates rather well when they go off. Not saying tonight is the night, but it is hard to fade them tonight if you are only running a few lineups.

• PScotty85

Rinne, Darling, or Mason in cash? I kind of like Jake Allen tonight as well as I think Montoya will blow it for the Canadiens

• deejones49

Johnny Boychuk
    Will miss tonight’s game due to illness.

• choppadown

Went with a CHI1/CGY1 4-4 stack and Reimer on FD. Feeling pretty froggy tonight, haven’t won in NHL in a week.

• NextSignal

Let’s go Philly. Good luck folks.

• TheRyanFlaherty

Stinks, My second Center was what I was debating on most, wound up going with O’Reilly because of his activity (shots/blk shots) and so far it’s a big fat 0…Even a worse a 0 from the Defenseman I wound up going with since O’Reilly was the Center selection….
    Frustrating when it looks like you made the wrong call on a decision you agonized over. Oh well…

• goldengoat29

Amazed at how low Patrick Kane ownership is in my 50/50s. None of the pros took him or much of Chicago. Seguin, whom I couldn’t get into my lineup, is only owned by one guy. I could see both of them going nuts tonight. I could only get a piece of the Stars PP1 through Spezza. They should do some damage there.

• deejones49

@goldengoat29 said...

Amazed at how low Patrick Kane ownership is in my 50/50s. None of the pros took him or much of Chicago. Seguin, whom I couldn’t get into my lineup, is only owned by one guy. I could see both of them going nuts tonight. I could only get a piece of the Stars PP1 through Spezza. They should do some damage there.

Your boy Saahilsud might get me tonight

https://www.fanduel.com/games/17215/contests/17215-204866226/entries/1104162669/scoring

• goldengoat29

A bit different in DK:

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/34155177?uc=597458576

Fade of the Hawks either way.

Scroll up to top for him.

• Olhausen

Man I had a good lineup in the super breakaway going into the 3 period of the Chicago and Calgary games. I was thinking just one time please let both teams go off and I might win some big cash. Of course one fucking goal is scored and little else happened. But if I was at the top I could bet my ass that game would go off and I would surely get passed for the big 💰. Sorry for the rant but just had to vent😏

• Fsudrew17

First time playing Saahil in a h2h and I guess I hopped on at the wrong time. He crushed on DK and I lost by 8. Rip $50

• goldengoat29

@Olhausen said...

Man I had a good lineup in the super breakaway going into the 3 period of the Chicago and Calgary games. I was thinking just one time please let both teams go off and I might win some big cash. Of course one fucking goal is scored and little else happened. But if I was at the top I could bet my ass that game would go off and I would surely get passed for the big 💰. Sorry for the rant but just had to vent😏

I feel your pain.

Tonight was my last for cash. It bothers me that others could fade one of the most chalk-licious plays I’ve seen all year and demolish me in cash. I was looking hard at Hossa. My strategy (in cash) is usually to get exposure to the top two lines in matchups I really like. Should have gone that direction instead of Duncan Keith, a defenseman I don’t typically care for in DFS apart from this particular matchup.

My winning percentage in 50/50s has now dropped below 60% and I’ll focus on small, single-entry tourneys with what I have left. Perhaps a GPP or two.

• Olhausen

@goldengoat29 said...

I feel your pain.

Tonight was my last for cash. It bothers me that others could fade one of the most chalk-licious plays I’ve seen all year and demolish me in cash. I was looking hard at Hossa. My strategy (in cash) is usually to get exposure to the top two lines in matchups I really like. Should have gone that direction instead of Duncan Keith, a defenseman I don’t typically care for in DFS apart from this particular matchup.

My winning percentage in 50/50s has now dropped below 60% and I’ll focus on small, single-entry tourneys with what I have left. Perhaps a GPP or two.

Do you play on fantasy aces at all? That’s the only site I play cash games on and I’ve done pretty decent so far.

• goldengoat29

@Olhausen said...

Do you play on fantasy aces at all? That’s the only site I play cash games on and I’ve done pretty decent so far.

No I haven’t. I’ve played on DraftKings exclusively since 2015. Maybe it is time I branched out. Not only do I have to beat pros every night but DraftKings’ rake.

• Codith

Had 185 last night and only made $7…..whomp whomp

• Aparisi33

On fantasyaces…since you’re only allowed two centers I’m guessing you just stack two lines and some dmen that play with them and hope for the best? Curious to see what the strategy is

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).