Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:05 PM :  Columbus ( 190 ) at  Washington ( -220 ) —- T: 6o-15
    7:05 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 155 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -175 ) —- T: 6o-15
    7:35 PM :  Boston ( -180 ) at  Ottawa ( 160 ) —- T: 6o-15
    9:05 PM :  Calgary ( 0 ) at  Colorado ( 0 ) —- T: 0

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• nosideFX

If given the choice between knowing who will win every game of a slate but not the scores, or knowing the hands down highest scoring player (skater/goalie) of the night but not their stat line. What would you choose and why?

Just a thought exercise that I was discussing with another dfs player, and thought I would pose the same scenario here.

• nosideFX

And by highest scoring I meant fantasy point wise.

• Canuckage

@nosideFX said...

If given the choice between knowing who will win every game of a slate but not the scores, or knowing the hands down highest scoring player (skater/goalie) of the night but not their stat line. What would you choose and why?

Just a thought exercise that I was discussing with another dfs player, and thought I would pose the same scenario here.

I would take knowing the highest scoring fantasy player/goalie. Knowing the player will help build the LU since you can correlate with his linemates. If it was the goalie then you can just plug him in every line up and have a pretty strong edge.

• stellagirl

FD is a joke today. Just throwing a bunch of .12 cent qualifiers in to keep building tickets for the $33 on 1/9. The rest of my money is in DK tonight.

The DeBrusk issue is an interesting one. 100% of my lineups have him, which is allowing me to stack all of the studs. But i know everyone else will be there, too. So it has taken some discipline to include some 2nd and 3rd line one-offs and duos, plus leaving a little cash on the table times.

I decided to take the free square. If he bombs, it wont kill me. If he hits, we all move up together.

• tristanwolf

my dk lu’s a are way too chalky, not a fan of this slate. think i’ll make 2 that make me gag just for leverage.

• Southie777

@stellagirl said...

FD is a joke today. Just throwing a bunch of .12 cent qualifiers in to keep building tickets for the $33 on 1/9. The rest of my money is in DK tonight.

The DeBrusk issue is an interesting one. 100% of my lineups have him, which is allowing me to stack all of the studs. But i know everyone else will be there, too. So it has taken some discipline to include some 2nd and 3rd line one-offs and duos, plus leaving a little cash on the table times.

I decided to take the free square. If he bombs, it wont kill me. If he hits, we all move up together.

I think this is the wise choice. One, I think he hits. Two, you’ll be kicking yourself a lot more if he you fade him and he hits than if you take him and he busts.

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 30 Player – Top 5 (12/10 – 7:00 PM)

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/82691966

• Felixxberg

RG Overall Ranking

@stellagirl said...

Exactly. Never fade a free square.

The only reason for a fade is if you leave more on the table than what you think is his real value. Even in that situation, playing him doesn’t hurt much.

• keephustlincuz

@Steverino01 said...

Just getting around to looking at tonight’s slate.

Is Noah Dobson really skating on NYI PP1?

Seems like it. Is this a confidence boost before they let him play world juniors?

Col big 3 back together.

• nosideFX

@Canuckage said...

I would take knowing the highest scoring fantasy player/goalie. Knowing the player will help build the LU since you can correlate with his linemates. If it was the goalie then you can just plug him in every line up and have a pretty strong edge.

I was thinking it would be very beneficial to know the winner to every game because among other things you could get upsets which would also help identify great value goalies who got a win you weren’t expecting, and a lot of times will see a ton of shots.

• yisman

ran out of time to do a real lineup after spending a bunch of time making the gimmick one, lol

• hautalak

@yisman said...

ran out of time to do a real lineup after spending a bunch of time making the gimmick one, lol

Sometimes those crush! Good luck.

• Zieg30

@nosideFX said...

I was thinking it would be very beneficial to know the winner to every game because among other things you could get upsets which would also help identify great value goalies who got a win you weren’t expecting, and a lot of times will see a ton of shots.

It’s a fun question.

My immediate gut answer is to pick the highest scoring fantasy player/goalie, as that’s immediately useful. As Canuckage said, you either get a great line to target knowing that one of them is going to go off, or you automatically get a great goalie pick. But you’re right that knowing the winner of every game is also useful for goalies, because you can grab the cheap away goalies who have upsets, but of course you don’t know that they do well, as they could win 5-4 after saving 20 shots. And it’s useful to know, generally, what teams have to score at least one goal that night!

As for tonight’s slate, I went to enter a bunch in the Breakaway at 5:30, and was very sad to see that it was filled already. That sucked, as I really wanted to have some fun with the price error. I would have gone 90% DeBrusk, but left a few regular ones out there. The only way they’d succeed is if two full lines did well, and almost no one would have one of the full lines because everyone dropped at least one winger from one stack.

• nosideFX

My stab at the winners tonight are Islanders, Blue Jackets, Bruins, Avalanche

• mr_papageorgio

@keephustlincuz said...

Col big 3 back together.

Ugh I missed this and Landeskog is way too cheap on DK now. I ended up with a lot of TB and some CGY with Ovi tonight.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

anyone take the “PEI to NYI” stack of Ross Johnston and Noah Dobson. If not, your loss.

• mr_papageorgio

@nosideFX said...

I’d take knowing who will win every game, quit DFS, and move to Vegas and break every book in town.

Lol, I think for DFS purposes I’d much rather know who the highest scoring player is. If it’s an obvious choice then you know to stack linemates and if it’s a non obvious choice (especially a cheap one) you could load up on studs and gain a ton of leverage.

• mr_papageorgio

Holtby can get hit by a bus. At home against one of the worst offenses in the league and gives up a goal on the second shot…this is the third time I’ve played him this season and he’s been a pile of dog crap the first two times so why not tonight as well. I really like seeing my team go negative it’s the best.

• Felixxberg

RG Overall Ranking

@Canuckage said...

For me that sums it up. I would max enter every contest and have 100% of that guy.

• zovyn

FWIW – Debrusk is only 53% owned in the FD Breakaway. Hmmm.

• Southie777

@zovyn said...

FWIW – Debrusk is only 53% owned in the FD Breakaway. Hmmm.

Wow, that’s crazy, just saw that. Legit thought it might be more like 80-90%.

• mr_papageorgio

Holtby on pace for 60 saves so I’ll forgive the early goal. Gonna need a lot more from the Kucherov line though…

• ifthethunder

@mr_papageorgio said...

Holtby can get hit by a bus. At home against one of the worst offenses in the league and gives up a goal on the second shot…this is the third time I’ve played him this season and he’s been a pile of dog crap the first two times so why not tonight as well. I really like seeing my team go negative it’s the best.

Holtbeast saved 19 of 20 shots, Mister.
    ~

• tristanwolf

tampa washington boston zero goals so far. of course. my gimmick lu outscoring my other 20.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

feels like Bruins took 30 shots only 3 made it to the net.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Use our links to sign up and deposit on sites listed in this thread to get these bonuses:

• FanDuel

Get 1-month of RotoGrinders Premium for FREE (a ~$40value) by signing up through one of our links!

Learn More
  • DraftKings

Sign up for DraftKings using a RotoGrinders link & receive our DraftKings Premium content FREE for 1 month. That’s a ~$40 value! No DraftKings promo code necessary!

Learn More
  • FantasyDraft

FantasyDraft strives to put players first, with a mission to “provide a fun and fair experience for all.” To this end, the site has a well-built, easy-to-use interface and a the first of its kind in offering “Rake-Free” fantasy contests.

Learn More

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week. Our goal is to help all of our members make more money playing daily fantasy sports!

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler