NHL FORUM

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

8:05 PM :  Boston ( 0 ) at  Washington ( 0 ) —- T: 0
    10:05 PM :  Minnesota ( -125 ) at  Calgary ( 105 ) —- T: -125
    10:35 PM :  Colorado ( 245 ) at  Los Angeles ( -290 ) —- T: 245

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. Please make it a point to say if you’re talking about Cash or GPP options.

• Guigsdaddy

How do the same 3 guys always place multiple entries in the top 10? Testerone and drinks forgot his name?

• Wammer44

@Guigsdaddy said...

How do the same 3 guys always place multiple entries in the top 10? Testerone and drinks forgot his name?

…..

• DirtysBurgers

@Guigsdaddy said...

Cubasugar1 had one of the best performances I have ever seen yesterday. 7 of the top 10 in the Forecheck and the guy does not stack at all. He basically picked all of the top scoring guys except Pacioretty. Was truly remarkable…

• stellagirl

Ewww, ugly 3 game slate. I am throwing in a couple $1 prayers just for fun.

Might go scorched earth and stack the bruins and avs.

Even if it’s the right thing to do, I don’t have it in me to mix and match all chalk tonight.

• Guigsdaddy

How do they do it? I can’t afford multiple entries even in the .25 games. Going to try $1 single entry tonight. But I’m down to my last $6 then I’m just going to play free games.

• Kyle4

You can’t compete against guys with large bankrolls playing multi entries. Stick to single entry tournaments. I pretty much play the $12 knuckle puck on DK every night, and have faired pretty well. It’s more of an even playing field.

• PhoFever

On to tonight, what to make of the small slate? I think the narratives I’m going with are :

1) Caps take care of business at home with Ovi and WASH1 leading the way
    2) Kings win with Zatkoff but give up some goals
    3) CAL-MIN ends up with a close 3-2ish score with Min on a B2B

Therefore, I’m thinking for cash games: Spend big on either Dubnyk or Holtby and pair with Zatkoff. Then build around Carter and Backstrom at C, use cheap MIN players and possibly Avalanche to fill in the wings, then punt at the D position with Orlov, Dumba. Thoughts?

• Kyle4

@Seahawkto said...

On to tonight, what to make of the small slate? I think the narratives I’m going with are :

1) Caps take care of business at home with Ovi and WASH1 leading the way
    2) Kings win with Zatkoff but give up some goals
    3) CAL-MIN ends up with a close 3-2ish score with Min on a B2B

Therefore, I’m thinking for cash games: Spend big on either Dubnyk or Holtby and pair with Zatkoff. Then build around Carter and Backstrom at C, use cheap MIN players and possibly Avalanche to fill in the wings, then punt at the D position with Orlov, Dumba. Thoughts?

I agree with all three points. I’m paying up for Holtby at home tonight, he is 10-2-0 career against Boston with 3 SOs. Zatkoff probably gets the win tonight, but he scares me. I like Kuzy and the Caps2 tonight, a little salary relief off the 1st line.

• Tsrobertson

I not convinced Budaj doesnt get thrown out there again. Zatkoff has been terrible.

Biggest question for me tonight is whether its Carter and Pearson or Kopitar and Gaborik.

• sizzlebeans

I’m paying up for Holtby tonight and using Nieto as my punt play again – pairing him with Duchene. The rest will be CGY2 and WAS1. Only going to throw this LU at a couple single entry contests and wait for tomorrow to play more.

• steelcitydozer

@DirtysBurgers said...

Cubasugar1 had one of the best performances I have ever seen yesterday. 7 of the top 10 in the Forecheck and the guy does not stack at all. He basically picked all of the top scoring guys except Pacioretty. Was truly remarkable…

Stacking on a 14 game slate to win a gpp would not be the smartest approach. 28 teams with 4 lines someone is gonna be top scorer on each team . Cubasugar nailed it for sure props. Stacking tonight might win a gpp ,but who knows

• Codith

You all forgetting how well Aves have done recently against the Kings……just saying.

• Tsrobertson

@Codith said...

You all forgetting how well Aves have done recently against the Kings……just saying.

You’re forgetting that in the last 20 games they have won two. Have lost eight games in a row, score the fewest goals in the entire league, and give up the most goals in the entire league.

Im from Denver, and sadly an Avs fan. But the only time this year I was not stacking against them is with a team coming into Denver on the second of a B2B with a rested colorado team. Thats their only shot.

• steelcitydozer

@Tsrobertson said...

Im from Denver, and sadly an Avs fan. But the only time this year I was not stacking against them is with a team coming into Denver on the second of a B2B with a rested colorado team. Thats their only shot.

Well the Aves are on 2nd night of b2b as well .unless you mean rested cause they stand there and watch the other teams score

• Codith

@Tsrobertson said...

You’re forgetting that in the last 20 games they have won two. Have lost eight games in a row, score the fewest goals in the entire league, and give up the most goals in the entire league.

Those are the perfect times to take them. At least GPP wise.

• rgreuli

@Tsrobertson said...

I not convinced Budaj doesnt get thrown out there again. Zatkoff has been terrible.

Biggest question for me tonight is whether its Carter and Pearson or Kopitar and Gaborik.

At the Kings optional skate this morning Zatkoff and Toffoli were putting in a lot of work so they are both probably out tonight.

• steve716

@Wammer44 said...

Testosterown crushes every night it seems like.
    I’ve personally fared better in the 100 man leagues as opposed to the big $3 where your going up against 150 lines of Testosterown, BeepImaJeep, etc.

I’m so intrigued on how he chooses what teams to focus on

• Codith

I tend to beat Test in cash games, but he always seems to be top5 in GPP’s I play in.

• sizzlebeans

@Codith said...

I tend to beat Test in cash games, but he always seems to be top5 in GPP’s I play in.

ahh, the leverage of max entries.

i used to beat him a lot when I still played cash games, too. I switch to only GPP this season, since I prefer the upside of them compared to cash games.

it would be nice to have the bankroll and available time to max enter every contest. I’m curious what the results would be.

• Codith

Even in the single entries $12+ he nails the top5 quite a bit. So I can’t even say he is just maxing out in those cases. I have been trying to study his plays but still not sure how he is picking and choosing for the different modes.

• Tsrobertson

@steelcitydozer said...

Well the Aves are on 2nd night of b2b as well .unless you mean rested cause they stand there and watch the other teams score

I was trying to explain that tonight is not a night I will have any Colorado skaters.

• Tsrobertson

@Codith said...

Those are the perfect times to take them. At least GPP wise.

Right but they’re on the road and themselves on b2b. So I won’t even consider it

• TimmerRC

Tough to completely ignore a team when there are only 6 to choose from. Not sure where I’m heading tonight, yet.

• PhoFever

Thanks for feedback. Now it’s Budaj, I guess, so some shuffling. Your Kuzy suggestion will help make up for Budaj’s increased price.

• yolobet

@sizzlebeans said...

ahh, the leverage of max entries.

i used to beat him a lot when I still played cash games, too. I switch to only GPP this season, since I prefer the upside of them compared to cash games.

it would be nice to have the bankroll and available time to max enter every contest. I’m curious what the results would be.

Max enter the .25 gpp. It will only cost you 12.50.

I’ve been max entering it for about 3 weeks now and I’m not doing as well as I expected.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).