12:35 PM :  St. Louis ( 137 ) at  Nashville ( -151 ) —- T: 5½u-05
    3:05 PM :  Detroit ( 144 ) at  Chicago ( -160 ) —- T: 6o-11
    3:05 PM :  Winnipeg ( -135 ) at  Buffalo ( 115 ) —- T: 6½u-10
    3:05 PM :  Colorado ( 165 ) at  Boston ( -190 ) —- T: 6u-15
    3:05 PM :  Carolina ( -140 ) at  New Jersey ( 120 ) —- T: 6u-10
    3:05 PM :  Minnesota ( 130 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -144 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    6:05 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -149 ) at  Florida ( 135 ) —- T: 6o-13
    7:05 PM :  Toronto ( -160 ) at  N.Y. Rangers ( 144 ) —- T: 6½u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PocketsSloppy

Stay thirsty my friends!

• LJR102788

Anybody doing Showdown on DK for STL/NSH?? How do you go about attacking those?

• panters

@LJR102788 said...

One quick thing you can do is look at yesterday’s forum. I asked the same question and hautalak gave some info.

• tyman200

Hey all

quick update from DK support regarding taxes in canada. I figured it out, its super easy!

Non U.S. residents will complete a W-8BEN form for tax related purposes. You can find and complete the form here:

https://www.draftkings.com/w8ben

You would need to select the following box, “I qualify for an exemption from U.S. income tax withholdings per Article 22 of the tax treaty between the United States of America and your country of residence or citizenship.”

Just need your SIN # and basic name address info and you’re all set 👍

• keephustlincuz

DK has heinen at $2900.

• Wingman

@LJR102788 said...

I try to avoid goalies, I feel like the ROI is not there unless it’s a 1-0 game or less than 3 total goals scored my thinking is this. Each goal scored offers 20 points to be given out (if there is 2 assist) if your goalie makes 40 saves and gives up two goals and gets the W that’s only 18 points

Used to think picking one guy from each line was good too, that way you’d have someone on the ice to generate points all game but I think still line stacking is the way to go

• rgreuli

@Wingman said...

I try to avoid goalies, I feel like the ROI is not there unless it’s a 1-0 game or less than 3 total goals scored my thinking is this. Each goal scored offers 20 points to be given out (if there is 2 assist) if your goalie makes 40 saves and gives up two goals and gets the W that’s only 18 points

Used to think picking one guy from each line was good too, that way you’d have someone on the ice to generate points all game but I think still line stacking is the way to go

My personal favorite strategy is to look at this years game logs between the 2 teams in the particular slate and look for under the radar players that have had success in the series.

For this St.L/Nash slate a closer look over the 3 previous games you will find that the skater with the most points is………Robert Thomas(1G, 4A) in the three games. Pair him with Barbashev (1G,1A). I would imagine very few are going to pair a couple of 4th liners. Others with multiple points would by Schenn, Forsberg, Johansen, and Ekholm.

• Syzltuth

@LJR102788 said...

I too generally avoid goalies, however if you think the game is going to be lopsided it’s perfectly ok go go with who you think will win. I took 1st at the beginning of the season with a bos1/halak lineup where bergy or pasty got a hat trick & halal got the shutout I believe.
    Usually though, I go pretty balanced with skaters. 3 on each side or 4/2 if I think the game will favor one team more. I always try to get pp guys in all my spots as they get more opportunity to score. My build always starts with the 1 or 2 guys that have the most consistent showing fpts wise, I always go through the top guys and see who consistently score double digit point and plug them in. After that I fill in the last couple spots with linemates or pp guys, even if they’re on the third line or something.
    I’m no expert of course and small potatoes but I’ve done well in showdowns for the most part this season. Hope this helps and gl!

• thegeneral391

@tyman200 said...

Hey all

quick update from DK support regarding taxes in canada. I figured it out, its super easy!

Non U.S. residents will complete a W-8BEN form for tax related purposes. You can find and complete the form here:

You would need to select the following box, “I qualify for an exemption from U.S. income tax withholdings per Article 22 of the tax treaty between the United States of America and your country of residence or citizenship.”

Thanks for the info!

• Syzltuth

@rgreuli said...

My personal favorite strategy is to look at this years game logs between the 2 teams in the particular slate and look for under the radar players that have had success in the series.

For this St.L/Nash slate a closer look over the 3 previous games you will find that the skater with the most points is………Robert Thomas(1G, 4A) in the three games. Pair him with Barbashev (1G,1A). I would imagine very few are going to pair a couple of 4th liners. Others with multiple points would by Schenn, Forsberg, Johansen, and Ekholm.

Lol Thomas & ekholm are my two cheapie punts today to go with the bigger names in my lu

• Wingman

@rgreuli said...

Yes that’s the other piece. Could do duos like in this situation the blues 4th and the NASH 1st then some one offs in good spots

• Wingman

Does anything have a winning formula for showdown yet? And do we think it will become a “Captain “ mode eventually

• Syzltuth

Hope not, I prefer the non-captain version

• Syzltuth

Thomas @ 4% hope he hits with a goal or assist!

• Wingman

I’m 1 of 4 with Thomas in the $20 SE

• Syzltuth

There’s the assist :), he’s already paid off his price

• tyman200

Thomas 🍎 There you go!

• PhoFever

Anyone paying attention to the real slate today or are we a “showdown only” crowd?

• panters

@PhoFever said...

Anyone paying attention to the real slate today or are we a “showdown only” crowd?

I’m in a non-Showdown mood. Figured I would go with some from Oddssharks-liked games. Thinking CHI, CAR, BOS, and TOR.
    Good luck to everyone!

• hautalak

• x2

2021 Blogger of the Month

Haven’t looked at the slate enough yet but I like chalk today with CHI, TB, and TOR.

• hcassidy

Well here’s to my punt of the day one Matt Hunwick, playing only his 4th game of the season @2.5K on DK and I think I might have been the only one to play him in the .25 Jukebox as he is 0.1% owned.

• sizzlebeans

Only built one, and threw it at every contest $33 to $1 and some quarter sattys. Went duo/trio with CHI1, BOS2, TOR2, and Myers for one Jet…Sparks in nets.

• sizzlebeans

LOL, Ducks FINALLY fire RC

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@tyman200 said...

Hey all

Thanks! It confirms what I thought!

• keephustlincuz

God damn Blackhawks. Ward playing. Bunch of dicks.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).