• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM :  Arizona ( 110 ) at  Montreal ( -127 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    7:08 PM :  Florida ( 113 ) at  Philadelphia ( -133 ) —- T: 6½u-15
    7:08 PM :  N.Y. Islanders ( 157 ) at  Washington ( -180 ) —- T: 6u-10
    7:38 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -137 ) at  Columbus ( 118 ) —- T: 6u-17
    10:08 PM :  Nashville ( -115 ) at  Vancouver ( -105 ) —- T: 6o-15
    10:38 PM :  Calgary ( -110 ) at  San Jose ( -110 ) —- T: 6u-10

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• Zieg30

Raanta may be injured, which makes Montreal a more intriguing play. They’ve been so offensively cold, lately, though. I want to go heavy on MON1, but it could easily be a MON2 game.

I’m fading WSH for the moment, which is risky, but am hoping Greiss plays for NYI and that it’s a very low-event game. Hoping the same for TB-CBJ.

Feels wrong to fade the best player (Ovechkin) and best line (TB1) on a small-ish slate, but I don’t love either matchup. I will probably/maybe throw in an Ovy later.

• PhoFever

Fun factoid: after losing Duchene, Panarin, and Bobrovsky in the offseason, CBJ stands at 69 points currently, good for third in the division and in position for a playoff berth. This is 5 points points better than Bobs’ new team, 10 points better than the team Duchene went to, and 11 points better than Panarin’s current team, all of whom are on the outside looking in. A great story.

Defense, goaltending, coaching!

Oh, and let’s remember what CBJ did to TB in the playoffs last year. I will be rolling out some Jackets in GPP.

• klubba575

Before going heavy on Mon, keep an eye on Arizona updates. There is a chance Kuemper is back. Sounds like he practiced fully over the weekend.

• klubba575

Definitely have some FLAPHI game stacks. Philly rebounded strong after the Devils embarrassed them at home last week. Elliott should give up a few goals too.

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 Results

hoops58 – 157.1
    ryanprzy – 127.4
    TeamNinjaBoot – 122.3
    gair-z – 121.2
    jjwd – 118.5

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 (2/10 – 7:00 PM)

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/85828965

Full 25/25

• yisman

Seth Jones going to be out a while

• PMaravich44

What’s best way to get back into the swing of things? Played my first last night in about 5 years

• hautalak

@PMaravich44 said...

What’s best way to get back into the swing of things? Played my first last night in about 5 years

Not sure where you’re playing at but if DK they have “new” scoring. I’m sure you caught that if you played. Otherwise look at some winning lineups. I think the consensus this year is that “full” stacks are less important but you need to make sure you factor in bonuses. the goalie one is the biggest. Shot volume is greater than wins now. otherwise a lot of the same stuff. Look here throughout the day as well. Good luck!

• ifthethunder

@PocketsSloppy said...

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 Results

hoops58 – 157.1
    ryanprzy – 127.4
    TeamNinjaBoot – 122.3
    gair-z – 121.2
    jjwd – 118.5

Congrats, hoops58! I had the right goalie. That was about it.
    ~

• gmen81

#CBJ will be without: Seth Jones, Cam Atkinson, Josh Anderson, Dean Kukan, Ryan Murray, Alexandre Texier, Alexander Wennberg and Jooonas Korpisalo tonight.

Oh and they’re playing the #GoBolts, who are 18-2-1 in their last 21 games.

• Southie777

@gmen81 said...

#CBJ will be without: Seth Jones, Cam Atkinson, Josh Anderson, Dean Kukan, Ryan Murray, Alexandre Texier, Alexander Wennberg and Jooonas Korpisalo tonight.

Haha, just saw that tweet from Daily Faceoff and was gonna post in here about it. Might want to pump the brakes on CBJ and actually load up on TBL. Just hard to imagine them keeping up, missing all those guys! I know they’ve been fighting through it well so far, but this might be too much. Elvis scares me, but you still need a team in front of you!

• gairz

TB @ CBJ

Another “can’t miss”..

just like BOS @ DET yesterday.

• mfetzner

@gmen81 said...

Stamkos not on the ice for morning skate. If he is out that’d be pretty big as he’s been on fire lately

• PhoFever

@klubba575 said...

Before going heavy on Mon, keep an eye on Arizona updates. There is a chance Kuemper is back. Sounds like he practiced fully over the weekend.

AZ has been pretty bad of late, 2-10 in their last 12. Big time regression. Can’t say I’m scared enough of Kuemper to scale back my MTL optimism. At the very least, some Domi (“revenge”), Gallagher and Petry peppered here and there.

Oooh, Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Petry Peppered, I like how that sounds.

• mfetzner

@mfetzner said...

Stamkos not on the ice for morning skate. If he is out that’d be pretty big as he’s been on fire lately

Now caley chelios reporting he is out tonight. Palat up to line1, killorn to line2. And mcelhinney confirmed so liking Columbus a lil more now…

• mr_papageorgio

Revenge narratives are largely overblown but you have to think TB has had this game circled on the calendar since the end of last season. CBJ is not an ideal matchup but with everyone out plus TB being on fire plus I’m sure they’d love nothing more than to put up a touchdown tonight and I think I’m gonna have to play TB. Stamkos out obviously hurts but I don’t hate that since it actually makes playing TB1 realistic now without having to punt the entire rest of your lineup.

CGY/SJ could see some goals scored too I think. PHI/FLA too. If PHI keeps their same lines as last game it will be hard not to play the top line.

• PhoFever

@mr_papageorgio said...

Revenge narratives are largely overblown but you have to think TB has had this game circled on the calendar since the end of last season. CBJ is not an ideal matchup but with everyone out plus TB being on fire plus I’m sure they’d love nothing more than to put up a touchdown tonight and I think I’m gonna have to play TB. Stamkos out obviously hurts but I don’t hate that since it actually makes playing TB1 realistic now without having to punt the entire rest of your lineup.

CGY/SJ could see some goals scored too I think. PHI/FLA too. If PHI keeps their same lines as last game it will be hard not to play the top line.

That’s a decent take on TB. Still, you have to go back to Dec. 14th to find the last time CBJ ceded more than 3 goals, and that was 4, in overtime no less. Will it happen, I dunno. Some Point/Kuch duos are probably warranted.

• ifthethunder

It’s hard for me to not click Elvis whenever he’s on the list, but CBJ might be so thin I need to look around.
    ~

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

wtf is DK doing with the hockey product this week. Complete garbage.

• mr_papageorgio

One other thought on TB: They obviously are saving Vasi for the tougher offensive matchup vs the Pens tomorrow night (I’m going to the game and was hoping for McElhinney/more of a shootout so slightly disappointed there) but I also wonder if there’s some thinking of “we’re going to pile it on these guys as payback for the playoffs and could win with a traffic cone in goal tonight”.

• Southie777

@sirrobert6 said...

wtf is DK doing with the hockey product this week. Complete garbage.

Yeah, extremely disappointed in their $3/$4 tourneys this whole year, to be honest. I’ve griped about it several times on here, I just like those tourneys, as you can still have a nice hit, but they don’t break the bank and have the 20 max, so you’re not up against 150 entries. But I really am not a huge fan of the payout structure this year. Don’t like giving 20% of the pot to first. Kind of used to it now, but that doesn’t mean I like it!

• yisman

fingers crossed that none of my goalies get late scratched this week (or skaters, for that matter)

Pretty amazing that it happened 2 days in a row where a goalie got scratched during warmups.

• Felixxberg

Thoughts:

Not sure what I’m playing tonight, but I like that Giroux-Couturier-Voracek are back together!

$8.8K is a lot to stomach, but Ovechkin is scoring the next two goals at home for sure.

Calling a Josi goal once again.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

@Felixxberg said...

Thoughts:

Not sure what I’m playing tonight, but I like that Giroux-Couturier-Voracek are back together!

$8.8K is a lot to stomach, but Ovechkin is scoring the next two goals at home for sure.

Calling a Josi goal once again.

I’ve decided to go super balanced today, no Ovi/Kuch/Point, most expensive I’m going is Burns.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler