7:08 PM :  Florida ( -132 ) at  New Jersey ( 114 ) —- T: 6½u-18
    7:08 PM :  Philadelphia ( 106 ) at  N.Y. Islanders ( -122 ) —- T: 6u-18
    8:08 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 115 ) at  Winnipeg ( -135 ) —- T: 6½u-10
    8:08 PM :  Vegas ( -135 ) at  Minnesota ( 115 ) —- T: 6o-15
    8:38 PM :  Carolina ( 110 ) at  Dallas ( -130 ) —- T: 5½u-25
    9:08 PM :  Ottawa ( 250 ) at  Colorado ( -300 ) —- T: 6½u-10
    9:08 PM :  Chicago ( 112 ) at  Edmonton ( -129 ) —- T: 6½u-22
    10:08 PM :  St. Louis ( -153 ) at  Anaheim ( 133 ) —- T: 5½u-26

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• stellagirl

Just enough NYI2 mixed with VAN players to make a small profit last night.

Have a few contests reserved by making a same-day turn-around trip to SLC for business, so will be building lineups at the airport waiting for my return flight home.

GL today everyone!

• PMaravich44

Been entering .25 gpp on DK with a couple entries in to get back into things. Cashed and came in 338th with one entry last night. Can’t wait to play again tonight.

• Zieg30

That the expected-VAN2 of Petey-Miller-Virt hit rather than the new lines is so frustrating. I was 5/9 expected-VAN2 on FD, and changed 4 of them to a new line. It’s always annoying when being more informed turns out to be a disadvantage.

On to tonight! Another big slate with a ton of good teams in prime spots.

AM at home. Eichel against Detroit (though he failed the last time we had this matchup). WPG against NYR (though Shesty is in net so gotta be a bit wary). And, of course, COL at home against OTT.

I am also going to have some NJ at home against FLA on a B2B, and some EDM at home against CHI.

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 Results

gair-z – 144.6
    hautalak – 124.6
    nhw72179 – 118.5
    Boooooourns – 107.4
    TeamNinjaBoot – 105.9

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 (2/11 – 7:00 PM)

Full 25/25

• Southie777

@stellagirl said...

Just enough NYI2 mixed with VAN players to make a small profit last night.

Have a few contests reserved by making a same-day turn-around trip to SLC for business, so will be building lineups at the airport waiting for my return flight home.

GL today everyone!

I never travel for business and it works out, as I’m really not a big fan of flying. So, the only time I ever fly is when I’m on vacation and happy to do so! I just don’t think I could fly somewhere and then fly back in the same day and not even be doing it for fun. But, then again, I guess you just get used to it, if that’s what you do!

That Oilers split squad against the Blackhawks and Ducks is gonna be rough! Kind of want to go back to the well with Eichel and Co. after so many got burned last week with the same matchup, but Bernier has been solid! Definitely gonna have to have some exposure to the Leafs, too.

• ifthethunder

@PocketsSloppy said...

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 Results

gair-z – 144.6
    hautalak – 124.6
    nhw72179 – 118.5
    Boooooourns – 107.4
    TeamNinjaBoot – 105.9

Congrats to gair-z! (And shakes fist at the accursed Islanders.)
    ~

• PhoFever

@Zieg30 said...

That the expected-VAN2 of Petey-Miller-Virt hit rather than the new lines is so frustrating. I was 5/9 expected-VAN2 on FD, and changed 4 of them to a new line. It’s always annoying when being more informed turns out to be a disadvantage.

On to tonight! Another big slate with a ton of good teams in prime spots.

AM at home. Eichel against Detroit (though he failed the last time we had this matchup). WPG against NYR (though Shesty is in net so gotta be a bit wary). And, of course, COL at home against OTT.

I am also going to have some NJ at home against FLA on a B2B, and some EDM at home against CHI.

You nailed the hot spots. I really want to believe that the deadly WPG offense from last year is back…

Yesterday I made the case that recent history matters for the WSH-NYI matchup, and sure enough, history repeated itself with yet another road team victory in that series. Today, if we want to believe in the same line of thinking, we should be wary of those damn Coyotes, who have won their last 8 trips to Toronto (or maybe more, I’ve lost count).

• alyeska_skibum

Recent trends say go with whoever is in net for Detroit That damn new scoring system……

• gairz

@ifthethunder said...

Congrats to gair-z

Thanks. Did 6X last night with 3 of 4 lineups hitting.

• gairz

Just heard on sirius radio MD97 is out 2 to 3 weeks

• yisman

@EdmontonJack
    ·
    31m
    McDavid a quad injury; out 2-3 weeks according to Ken Holland.

=====

The odds for EDM/CHI now -110/-110

• lwilly

Zucker slotting in next to Crosby tonight and likely to get some PP2 time, only 3.9k. Will probably have a lot of him but I’m sure he’ll be quite popular.

Also lots of GTD’s for Toronto, including Tavares, Hyman and Holl. Going to have to keep an eye on pregame skate today, might make for a bit of a scramble because I want to get to a lot of TOR1 today.

• zovyn

Ugh McJeebus is my go-to. Going to miss him. :(

• gairz

Seth Jones out 8-10 weeks. Nightmare for torts.

• Volkster6

Goalie pool for tonight on DK

Top 3 to Use
    1. Shesterkin
    2. Lehner
    3. Vasilevsky

Top 3 to Target
    1. Domingue
    2. Motembault
    3. Hill

*subject to change based on confirmed starters. Information is simply based on projected starters for the time being.

• mgv1208

@Volkster6 said...

Goalie pool for tonight on DK

Top 3 to Use
    1. Shesterkin
    2. Lehner
    3. Vasilevsky

Top 3 to Target
    1. Domingue
    2. Motembault
    3. Hill

*subject to change based on confirmed starters. Information is simply based on projected starters for the time being.

thoughts on Hellebuyk? I’ve got him across all 4 of my lus

• yisman

• Volkster6

@mgv1208 said...

thoughts on Hellebuyk? I’ve got him across all 4 of my lus

My model tries to predict goalies that are facing colune and doesn’t necessarily care about the win. Helly is the 2nd ranked goalie tonight in terms of those who are favoured to win (Jarry 1st).

That said, both Jarry and Helly might need to the win to make value based on my model. Hope it helps

• mgv1208

@Volkster6 said...

My model tries to predict goalies that are facing colune and doesn’t necessarily care about the win. Helly is the 2nd ranked goalie tonight in terms of those who are favoured to win (Jarry 1st).

That said, both Jarry and Helly might need to the win to make value based on my model. Hope it helps

Yeah that helps, thanks for the explanation, appreciate it

• klubba575

Looks like Anthony Mantha is back tonight. Along with all your EIchel’s, dont forget to run it back with DET1. Lines have not been annouced for Detroit but I would assume Larkin/Mantha/Bertuzzi. Against Hutton in goal, I actually like Detroit to win but I also am a Red Wings fan so…..is my judgement clouded??

• klubba575

Murray is projected in goal instead of Jarry, not confirmed either way though.

• Volkster6

Never forget all – contest selection should be your first and foremost determining factor. If you’re playing a 10 man $1500 contest you likely shouldn’t fade AM… a $1 dollar SE 1189 player GPP might not even have him in the winning Lu.

Good luck all

• Zieg30

@Volkster6 said...

Never forget all – contest selection should be your first and foremost determining factor. If you’re playing a 10 man $1500 contest you likely shouldn’t fade AM… a $1 dollar SE 1189 player GPP might not even have him in the winning Lu.

Good luck all

A very good point!

• Zieg30

I do wish Colorado and Edmonton were playing at 7. Having uncertainty about lines for the later games is really frustrating.

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

Bet with your head, not over it!
Gambling Problem? Call 1-800-Gambler