7:08 PM :  Tampa Bay ( -165 ) at  Florida ( 145 ) —- T: 6o-15
    8:08 PM :  Ottawa ( 175 ) at  Winnipeg ( -200 ) —- T: 6½u-25
    8:08 PM :  Detroit ( 170 ) at  Nashville ( -190 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    8:08 PM :  Columbus ( -105 ) at  Chicago ( -115 ) —- T: 5½u-20
    8:38 PM :  Carolina ( -125 ) at  Dallas ( 105 ) —- T: 5½u-10
    10:08 PM :  San Jose ( -115 ) at  Los Angeles ( -105 ) —- T: 5½o-25
    10:08 PM :  Anaheim ( 200 ) at  Vegas ( -230 ) —- T: 5½o-20
    10:08 PM :  Calgary ( -145 ) at  Vancouver ( 125 ) —- T: 6½u-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• cplatt87

I will be playing Connor McDavid this evening. Thank you for reading my article

• PhoFever

Not sure about that yet myself. MTL on b2b is obviously noteworthy. But I’m really sick of EDM slates already and they burned us with lackluster offense vs Ottawa.

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

I wish Nashville had a line with three players I like, rather than two and then trash.

• maibockaddict

@Zieg30 said...

I wish Nashville had a line with three players I like, rather than two and then trash.

play the two drop the third and add a D

• Southie777

@Zieg30 said...

I feel like this about so many teams/lines.

• zovyn

@Southie777 said...

Arvidsson, Ellis, Josi – there’s your NSH stack. Wings have already gotten their one February W – it’s all downhill from here!

• Zieg30

RG Overall Ranking

• 2018 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

@zovyn said...

Arvidsson, Ellis, Josi – there’s your NSH stack. Wings have already gotten their one February W – it’s all downhill from here!

Were I to do that, I’d do Forsberg-Ellis-Josi, as Arvidsson doesn’t play on PP1 with the two D-men.

I wound up going Granlund-Duchene-Josi in one on FD, though I’m losing out on some PP correlation – the numbers just fit nicely with my intended other pairings.

• cplatt87

@PhoFever said...

Not sure about that yet myself. MTL on b2b is obviously noteworthy. But I’m really sick of EDM slates already and they burned us with lackluster offense vs Ottawa.

McDavid rarely has 3 ‘duds’ in a row, so with 2 straight (arguably 4 straight), he’s firmly in my range of someone I’ll play every night until he goes off. I’m not basing it on the matchup or anything else, just simply that he’s the best player in the world and he’s been quiet the last few times out.

• zovyn

@Zieg30 said...

Were I to do that, I’d do Forsberg-Ellis-Josi, as Arvidsson doesn’t play on PP1 with the two D-men.

I wound up going Granlund-Duchene-Josi in one on FD, though I’m losing out on some PP correlation – the numbers just fit nicely with my intended other pairings.

Yeah, that’s fair on the PP correlation for Arvi. I just love his little-ball-of-hate playing style and am comfortable with the 5-on-5 matchup there for NSH1. Josi is a 100% lock for me tonight anywhere I can play him.

• zovyn

(FD) Value offense? – Roslovic (4.3) and Copp (4.0) are both priced really low compared to their ceilings and TOIIIRC Copp wasn’t even getting PP time a few games ago and he’s still near the top for TOI.

Glass is actual min salary at $3k. When do we ever get PP1 exposure in a plus home matchup like that for minimum salary?

Chicago pieces Suter (3.7), Janmark (3.7), and Kurashev (3.9) all look interesting if you don’t think CBJ is getting their shizz together tonight. BUT Blackhawks lines are shuffling again and I think Kurashev is on the outs. Suter CHI1+PP2, with Janmark CHI2+PP1 makes that a little muddled.

Goaltender is looking iffy tonight depending on which way you’re looking at it. I’m feeling a Blackhawks win and leaning Lankinen if he plays but I’m always eyeing whoever has a home game against Detroit…

Looking forward to some forum analysis from guys in the know tonight – I’ve got to get back on the right side of the moneyline!

• Felixxberg

• 2019 DraftKings FGWC Finalist

• 2019 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

Loaded day at work here. There are a whole lot of fine options tonight! Can’t play McD against my Habs!

• gairz

I’m going McD on the back to back.. Why not. He’s due.

• Southie777

All right, I’m coming strong one more night. If I fall on my face again tonight, I’m just going to have to admit defeat (at least temporarily) and dial it back. (THIS time, I mean it! ;-)) I just feel like it’s been several weird nights in a row and, one of these nights, the cosmos will realign and NHL DFS will make sense again. (Yeah, that’s gotta be it, it couldn’t be me!)

• Steverino01

I hate when teams assemble their PP1 from 3 different lines. I’m looking at you WPG.

• Steverino01

Something to keep an eye on…

EDM at MON pushed back an hour due to covid test results.

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1359959219110297601

• cplatt87

@Steverino01 said...

Something to keep an eye on…

EDM at MON pushed back an hour due to covid test results.

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/1359959219110297601

I would guess it’s Pulijarvi that is the player in COVID protocols. He wasn’t at their skate this morning.

• tristanwolf

@cplatt87 said...

I would guess it’s Pulijarvi that is the player in COVID protocols. He wasn’t at their skate this morning.

yup

Tom Gazzola
    @TomGazzola
    ·
    3h
    Jesse Puljujarvi held out of skate due to trainers recommendation. James Neal potentially on top line tonight. Zack Kassian has travelled back to Edmonton for further evaluation. Mike Smith starts.

$3700 neal poss edm1 and pp1

• Steverino01

@tristanwolf said...

yup

Tom Gazzola
    @TomGazzola
    ·
    3h
    Jesse Puljujarvi held out of skate due to trainers recommendation. James Neal potentially on top line tonight. Zack Kassian has travelled back to Edmonton for further evaluation. Mike Smith starts.

$3700 neal poss edm1 and pp1

True, but the game is pushed back an hour so that they can get other Oilers test results. More players could be out or it could get canceled or maybe it’s nothing. I only had a one off from that game, but I am in the middle of finalizing my roster anyways, so I may just totally fade that game so that I don’t have worry about it…lol

• qatman

@tristanwolf said...

$3700 neal on edm1 and possible pp1

Yes I have Neal locked in at this point. Point 6700 looks fairly cheap for him, even though I usually don’t like him. I have a fairly balanced lineup tonight actually. Still not sure about the last couple of spots… I am debating Burns vs. Barrie for the 900 savings. Burns can go off at any time, just a matter of how interested he is.

• zovyn

Currently I’m hoping the EDM@MON game and the ANH@VGK games get Covid-cancelled and as late notice as possible. Should create some nice dead lineups. :)

• marker0357

@zovyn said...

Currently I’m hoping the EDM@MON game and the ANH@VGK games get Covid-cancelled and as late notice as possible. Should create some nice dead lineups. :)

not nice bro. LOL

• thedkexperience

I didn’t get to post yesterday but I’m on day 4 of my hockey experiment. It’s going surprisingly well. I got my 2nd min cash in a row yesterday after just missing day one. I’m also what I would consider 3 for 3 in picking goalies. This really is just baseball with homers that get you half the points.

I’ll check back in with my goalie pick in a bit.

• thedkexperience

I’m taking Conor Hellebuyck from Winnipeg in goal even though I never knew who he was until I started typing this post.

The Senators qualify as what I would scientifically call a bad hockey team as evidenced by their 5 points. They also shoot a respectable 31.4 shots per game assuming I’m even choosing the right category to look at.

I will watch zero hockey this evening like usual.

And now here is a gif of an ostrich doing circles.

• cplatt87

Duclair added to COVID protocols, so he won’t play tonight. Means that Florida’s top 6 will get shuffled a bit and might open up some value depending on who gets bumped up to Barkovs wing.

• OttawaCityMadman

Edm player are showing up as we speak, so its a good sign that the game will go BUT not confirmed yet. tests should be back any time now

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-GAMBLER (NJ/WV/PA/MI), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO), 1-800-BETS OFF (IA), 1-888-532-3500 (VA) or call/text TN REDLINE 1-800-889-9789 (TN).