7:35 PM :  Carolina ( -145 ) at  Ottawa ( 125 ) —- T: 6o-25
    7:35 PM :  Calgary ( 140 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -160 ) —- T: 6½o-40
    8:05 PM :  Philadelphia ( 135 ) at  Minnesota ( -155 ) —- T: 6u-20
    8:05 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 180 ) at  Winnipeg ( -220 ) —- T: 6½u-10
    8:05 PM :  New Jersey ( 175 ) at  St. Louis ( -210 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    8:05 PM :  Detroit ( 185 ) at  Nashville ( -225 ) —- T: 5½o-25
    9:05 PM :  Toronto ( -135 ) at  Colorado ( 115 ) —- T: 6½o-20
    10:05 PM :  Arizona ( 200 ) at  Vegas ( -240 ) —- T: 5½o-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• Syzltuth

I rarely play these huge slate in nhl but threw one in tonight. I’m used to the nba gpp ownership #’s but are nhl percentages usually spread out pretty evenly? Only ask because I have everyone going right now except my goalie and my ownership ranges from a high of 7.84% to a low of 1.53%. Not sure if I strayed way off the chalk or if this is sort of normal.

• Felixxberg

@yisman said...

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/69173740

Thanks!

• Felixxberg

@Syzltuth said...

I rarely play these huge slate in nhl but threw one in tonight. I’m used to the nba gpp ownership #’s but are nhl percentages usually spread out pretty evenly? Only ask because I have everyone going right now except my goalie and my ownership ranges from a high of 7.84% to a low of 1.53%. Not sure if I strayed way off the chalk or if this is sort of normal.

It really depends! In large slates, you shouldn’t see anything higher than 20%-25%. Having players under 10% is great in my opinion!

• the_shashi

@canuck1995 said...

Bos1/TB2 is a combo you could have had, didn’t even think to throw it together unfortunately.

I didn’t make that combo either. Not sure why lol.

• yisman

mad at myself for forcing in Dal Colle rather than full BOS1. Missing Marchand because I had Heinen, Gourde, Miller, and Colle

gotten the ice time but done nothing with it

• Syzltuth

@Felixxberg said...

It really depends! In large slates, you shouldn’t see anything higher than 20%-25%. Having players under 10% is great in my opinion!

Ok thanks! Just used to the nba big skates where the chalk and good plays still range 25-40%with few below 10%. What I have tonight is competing though a little underwhelmingvat the moment, hoping they pick it up and I can cruise up the standings lol

• footballbutts

@Syzltuth said...

There’s a ton more variance in NHL and very rarely are there obvious chalk plays due to injuries and whatnot, especially on larger slates. NHL probably has some of the most evenly distributed ownership percentages of any DFS sport.

• yisman

much more reasonable payout structure for the last gen of the Tuesday special

flat

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/69205274

• yisman

@footballbutts said...

There’s a ton more variance in NHL and very rarely are there obvious chalk plays due to injuries and whatnot, especially on larger slates. NHL probably has some of the most evenly distributed ownership percentages of any DFS sport.

very similar to MLB

you don’t see huge chalk unless the sites screw up with an obvious pricing error like listing Yandle 50% off

• Iceman10000

Kuch to good of a price. Yet Looked at him and went Ovie…

• Syzltuth

Haha cehlarik my 1.53%er nabs a goal

Edit: followed immediately by a full line nsh1 score. Actually looking good right now :)

• Iceman10000

There should have been a lot more chalk tonight very surprising numbers on a few guys that moved up lines thanks to injuries but under 4k

• Iceman10000

@yisman said...

much more reasonable payout structure for the last gen of the Tuesday special

flat

https://www.draftkings.com/contest/gamecenter/69205274

Yeah We all need to voice to DK about supporting hockey more and they need to lower/flatten some prizes. (It’s ridiculous how much DK makes on their take)

Yet doesn’t do much to appreciate their regulars with more contestant hockey prizes and in general better fields to play in.

Like where is the $8 hockey tonight

• Felixxberg

Still sitting good everywhere for about +$5K but a Nilsson shutout would have been nuts!

• tristanwolf

i’ve got 7 players under 7% and 34 points and i’m not even in the top 200 of the forecheck yet. the competition is crazy, seems everyone is pretty sharp these days.

• footballbutts

@tristanwolf said...

i’ve got 7 players under 7% and 34 points and i’m not even in the top 200 of the forecheck yet. the competition is crazy, seems everyone is pretty sharp these days.

Nah, I think today was a weird kind of day where the pool was rather decisively cut in half, but mixing and matching the best lines was difficult. There’s also been quite a bit of scoring today already; none of the more popular lines have busted.

• canuck1995

@tristanwolf said...

I’m sitting inside the top 40 for the forecheck right now and Heiskanen doing everything he can to anchor the lineup with a 0

• Iceman10000

CBJ getting the shutout breaking the slate?? Screw Ovie big price tag wingers (and I told myself Kuch is slumping bound to break out but had to go more consistent lately) all weren’t that appealing but went there

• Zieg30

@Felixxberg said...

Still sitting good everywhere for about +$5K but a Nilsson shutout would have been nuts!

Lots of PMR behind you in those GPPs, though! You need a Nilsson win resulting from an OTT2 goal badly!

• sizzlebeans

@canuck1995 said...

Bos1/TB2 is a combo you could have had, didn’t even think to throw it together unfortunately.

I need to go back to doing my pricing sheet. Usually I’ll build a sheet based on projections, build the lines in the sheet and total the projections and salary for the full line, then make a column that shows the remaining salary left to spend after the full line salary plus $13k (about the price of a goalie and two min priced defensemen). That sheet helps identify these sort of combos I would normally think aren’t possible.

• canuck1995

@sizzlebeans said...

I need to go back to doing my pricing sheet. Usually I’ll build a sheet based on projections, build the lines in the sheet and total the projections and salary for the full line, then make a column that shows the remaining salary left to spend after the full line salary plus $13k (about the price of a goalie and two min priced defensemen). That sheet helps identify these sort of combos I would normally think aren’t possible.

Yeah it was definitely a tough one to overlook today. Do you build it in excel?

The Khudobin shutout has me inside the top 10 now but Hanifin and Heiskanen didn’t want to help.

• sizzlebeans

@canuck1995 said...

Do you build it in excel?

Yes

Good luck hanging on the rest of the way

• jjwd

Josi and Big Buff: INCOGNITO! wtf guys, I need ya

• jjwd

edit: big buff semi-incognito

• yisman

@jjwd said...

Josi and Big Buff: INCOGNITO! wtf guys, I need ya

yeah, Josi absolutely killing me

Had a lot of money left so figured I’d spend up for him

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.