7:35 PM :  Dallas ( 165 ) at  Tampa Bay ( -190 ) —- T: 6o-25
    8:05 PM :  Montreal ( 145 ) at  Nashville ( -165 ) —- T: 5½o-15
    8:05 PM :  Colorado ( 145 ) at  Winnipeg ( -165 ) —- T: 6½o-30
    8:35 PM :  New Jersey ( 135 ) at  Chicago ( -155 ) —- T: 6½o-15
    9:05 PM :  St. Louis ( -150 ) at  Arizona ( 130 ) —- T: 5½u-15
    10:05 PM :  Toronto ( 105 ) at  Vegas ( -125 ) —- T: 6½o-15
    10:35 PM :  Washington ( 145 ) at  San Jose ( -165 ) —- T: 6½o-20
    10:35 PM :  Vancouver ( 125 ) at  Los Angeles ( -155 ) —- T: 6u-20

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterdays games will be moved to yesterdays NHL thread. Any off topic posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted..

• PocketsSloppy

Yesterdays 20 player – top 5 results:

zekethedane – 36
    nhejda – 34.1
    keephustlincuz – 33.6
    TnCowboys – 33
    OttawacityMadman – 32.2

• PocketsSloppy

$1 – 20 player – top 5

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/69266858

• PhoFever

Yahoo RG Forum NHL $1 4-Team 50/50: https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/4290419

• Zieg30

Tonight’s slate is interesting. No favourites that I feel all that confident in. Perhaps SJ2 is my favourite of the bunch.

Chicago’s scoring is now completely uncertain. L1 or L2!? I’m going both, but not pleased with it.

• PhoFever

Biggest questions after initial glance at the slate:

-Is it a “keep picking on COL night”?
    -Does the STL train keep rolling?
    -Can CHI get back on the winning wagon and will NJ let themselves get pummeled for a second game in a row?

Curious to see what hautalak thinks of DET tonight; liking Larkin as a cash staple.

• Felixxberg

Congrats to yesterday’s winners (I believe you won a GPP PhoFever?)!

I made a quick gut lineup and it has some CHI1 and SJ2, so we’re thinking the same Zieg!

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

Curious to see what hautalak thinks of DET tonight; liking Larkin as a cash staple.

Larkin in cash is fine but I don’t trust that team as a whole. The did just get a W against the Preds and OTT lost to CAR so the play has merit and they’re home. Idk how many I’ll play but it seems you can only “count on” Larkin and maybe Nyqvist at this point. AA and Mantha but they have been just ok this year.

• LJR102788

After a beatdown from STL, I’m liking Toews & Kane to have a big night at the UC vs NJ. The Colorado/Winnipeg game intrigues me because playing in Winnipeg could scare the field off the Mckinnon line and they are matchup proof in my opinion, plus the Jets have given up goals at home this season so its not hard to see COL1 pot a couple.

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

I made a quick gut lineup and it has some CHI1 and SJ2, so we’re thinking the same Zieg!

The gut build I have is a duos line-up with CHI2/SJ1/LA3. We’ll see if I stick to that. Only playing one line-up and entering it into everything $50 or less. Wish I had the budget for that $400 one.

• Felixxberg

@sizzlebeans said...

The gut build I have is a duos line-up with CHI2/SJ1/LA3. We’ll see if I stick to that. Only playing one line-up and entering it into everything $50 or less. Wish I had the budget for that $400 one.

You found my third duo! We have the same three teams!

• PhoFever

@Felixxberg said...

Congrats to yesterday’s winners (I believe you won a GPP PhoFever?)!

Yeah, just a .25er but a win is a win, thanks!

I just pulled up the NHL DFSR picks article and Larkin was the first C listed. Love to see when other people’s opinions coincide with your own.

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

You found my third duo! We have the same three teams!

Kahun and Kitty are on fire for CHI, and so are Hertl/Kane for SJ. Hard to pick which lines to use for CHI/SJ. That is my research project for today, time permitting. Burns is a lock.

EDIT: Although Vlasic’s salary being so low makes it tempting to spend up on the forwards, but it’s so hard to fade Burnzie

• PhoFever

Three slates on Yahoo means:

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

Three slates on Yahoo means:

And I have to use my “”(player-popup #kevin-love)Kevin Love”:/players/kevin-love-1347” points to enter them. BR is not happy right now… Been bad at Yahoo lately for a change.

• PhoFever

@hautalak said...

And I have to use my “”(player-popup #kevin-love)Kevin Love”:/players/kevin-love-1347” points to enter them. BR is not happy right now… Been bad at Yahoo lately for a change.

I think that you are going to ride Sharks and Kings back to Microbooster fame and fortune tonight!

• PhoFever

My D punts tonight have a food theme: Pickles, and Travis Hamon(Ham on, Ham on whole wheat, or white)ic.

Name that song, panters.

• sizzlebeans

Eat It by Weird Al

Also, “Hamon” is how you pronounce ham in French, right?

• hautalak

@PhoFever said...

I think that you are going to ride Sharks and Kings back to Microbooster fame and fortune tonight!

I’ll get it figured out?

Can’t stop on Hertl/Kane now! And it’s been Kopitar/Toffolli on the Kings getting it done so perhaps I’ll start there.

• PhoFever

@sizzlebeans said...

Eat It by Weird Al

Also, “Hamon” is how you pronounce ham in French, right?

Nice work on the song, sizzle. Nice to see see there are some other children of the 80’s in here!

You are thinking of “jamón” in Spanish. In French, there is a “b” in there I think, and the “j” is a voiced consonant (“zsh” sound)

• footballbutts

Someone give me a reason not to play Kronwall tonight.

• Felixxberg

In French it’s “jambon”. The pronunciation is a little hard to explain, but first you pronunce the “j”, which is like like an English “j” but without the “d” sound that goes in front of it.

I realize how hard it is to explain the rest of the word so I won’t even try!

It’s easier to explain how to pronunce my name in French. It’s fay-licks instead of fee-licks!

• Felixxberg

@footballbutts said...

Someone give me a reason not to play Kronwall tonight.

Daley is back so his minutes may be cut a little, but he’s on PP1.

• sizzlebeans

@PhoFever said...

You are thinking of “jamón” in Spanish.

you’re right. It was a Spanish tapas restaurant where i got that. They have a really fantastic jamón ibérico…or did until the placed closed.

• sizzlebeans

@Felixxberg said...

It’s fay-licks instead of fee-licks!

Ah, good to know. I was pronouncing it wrong in my head all this time, haha

• mr_papageorgio

@PhoFever said...

Is it a “keep picking on COL night”?

WPG wins a lot at home but they always give up a few goals. I could see this one being a 5-4 game with both sides being viable. COL has been putrid though…

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.