Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM :  San Jose ( 128 ) at  Winnipeg ( -148 ) —- T: 6o-25
    7:08 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 112 ) at  Columbus ( -132 ) —- T: 5½u-13
    7:08 PM :  New Jersey ( 190 ) at  Carolina ( -225 ) —- T: 6u-12
    7:08 PM :  Montreal ( 170 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -200 ) —- T: 6u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• timc9842

Which generally has higher NHL scoring…FD or DK? Also, what is a good score to shoot for in a FD NHL GPP? I am a dfs NBA player that cannot take the day off. I am sure I will be food for the sharks! Any help is appreciated.

• Volkster6

@yisman said...

https://www.draftkings.com/lp/2020-nhl-hockey-week

Saw that. Exciting times

• stellagirl

@timc9842 said...

Which generally has higher NHL scoring…FD or DK? Also, what is a good score to shoot for in a FD NHL GPP? I am a dfs NBA player that cannot take the day off. I am sure I will be food for the sharks! Any help is appreciated.

Depends on the slate, but FD generally is a little bit higher scoring.

175-200 is a good DK score, and frequently they peak over 200.

180-210 range is a good FD score, but can get up into the mid-200s in a crazy night.

• SA16

So all you need to do to win those bonuses is have the best lineup anyone has had on the entire season no big deal

• stellagirl

@SA16 said...

So all you need to do to win those bonuses is have the best lineup anyone has had on the entire season no big deal

I think it was $2,500 for the best of the week and another $2,500 bonus if you beat the best so far this season.

I will probably chase the shot block bonus in some .10 cent games, just for fun, but only on the nights where the shot blockers are out and about. But those lineups will be largely un-correlated and will have zero chance of winning. Roll a 3rd D in the util spot, pick fowards who also block shots.

Tomorrow would be a good slate to try. DAL, MTL, OTT, COL, CGY, WSH, and NYI all have some great shot blockers at the blue line. Sun EDM and VAN are on the same slate…..

To tie the season high blocks a person would need 3.5 BS from each of the 8 position player slots.

• PhoFever

Anyone have insight as to whether it will be Murray or Jarry tonight? I’ve been looking at the past few games and it appears that they’ve been on an alternating pattern.

• mr_papageorgio

Last day of DFS for me this month as I head out for vacation. I posted a massive 51.3 DK points last night so pretty much have hit rock bottom. As for today’s games:

I don’t see a way to not play the CAR chalk so I’m sure they will bust. PIT/MTL feels like it’s gonna be a playoff like game so I could see that being lower scoring. As I said earlier, Zucker looked good last game so I think he’s in play as is Crosby but not expecting a ton of fireworks from that game. NYR on the road isn’t a great spot but CBJ is really injured so I could see NYR scoring a few (Elvis can’t do this forever). WPG, good luck trying to figure out. I’m tempted to play some Sharks but not sure yet.

• mr_papageorgio

@PhoFever said...

Anyone have insight as to whether it will be Murray or Jarry tonight? I’ve been looking at the past few games and it appears that they’ve been on an alternating pattern.

Haven’t seen anything confirmed but Murray looked great the other night so I wouldn’t be surprised if they roll him out again tonight.

• stellagirl

@mr_papageorgio said...

Last day of DFS for me this month as I head out for vacation. I posted a massive 51.3 DK points last night so pretty much have hit rock bottom. As for today’s games:

Have a fun vacation, you will be missed here!

And, dont feel too bad about that 51.3.

I had a FLA1/NYI1 lineup last night, good for a solid 42.

• yisman

well, at least it’s not a 2 game slate

yet another day where we can’t do the two a day achievement, though, as has been the case for most of the days in 2020.

DK goalie pool:

CAR goalie, NYR goalie, Carey Price

as for the DK promo, yes there is a prize for being the best of the week, which is key, but you may have to enter it into the featured contests they list. Not sure if dime time counts. I’m probably only playing dime time.

• PhoFever

Thanks, I hate when they fee like they need to wait to tell everyone. Valentines Day, people! Many of us will be at a dinner table, not daring to whip out the phone to check hockey news.

*replying to StellaGirl

• FantasySultan

I see this goalie pool daily but never pay attention to it. Should it? How’s it been going?

• jjwd

@timc9842 said...

Don’t worry about hitting a score. Just think about correlations. NHL is like MLB in many ways. But Vegas lines are arguably more accurate in NHL. That’s because MLB games have an unlimited ceiling, and NHL games don’t.

• Boooooourns

• 2016 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

@yisman said...

as for the DK promo, yes there is a prize for being the best of the week, which is key, but you may have to enter it into the featured contests they list

Yes you do. They only count for the Hockey Week contests listed on the promo page.

• mr_papageorgio

@stellagirl said...

Have a fun vacation, you will be missed here!

And, dont feel too bad about that 51.3.

I had a FLA1/NYI1 lineup last night, good for a solid 42.

Yeah it happens. Honestly I’d rather have that than finishing just short of the cash line. And thanks, I’ll miss you guys here but I think the beach/warm weather will be a good substitute lol,

Fair warning, I’m coming back refreshed and after a few weeks you’re all going to accuse be of being a time traveler because of how much I’m winning. GL to anybody here in the FHWC, can’t remember if we got any forum members in.

• Zieg30

@stellagirl said...

I think it was $2,500 for the best of the week and another $2,500 bonus if you beat the best so far this season.

I will probably chase the shot block bonus in some .10 cent games, just for fun, but only on the nights where the shot blockers are out and about. But those lineups will be largely un-correlated and will have zero chance of winning. Roll a 3rd D in the util spot, pick fowards who also block shots.

Tomorrow would be a good slate to try. DAL, MTL, OTT, COL, CGY, WSH, and NYI all have some great shot blockers at the blue line. Sun EDM and VAN are on the same slate…..

To tie the season high blocks a person would need 3.5 BS from each of the 8 position player slots.

It looks like the bonuses are only applicable if you’re playing in the tournaments listed. Right now there aren’t any cheapies listed, so your plan won’t work out.

Just didn’t want you trying it in the .10 cent games, succeeding in breaking the season record, and getting super excited when, in fact, it wouldn’t count.

• Zieg30

@PhoFever said...

I really hope Jarry. I have a complete fade of MTL going on the basis that I don’t see them having a big game against Jarry at home.

• yisman

we currently only have four confirmed goalies out of 8

I made two DK lineups and the second one only works if Lundqvist is not the starter. If he is, I’m 200 short on salary and back to the drawing board.

Igor was named the #1 goalie on the NYR so if he’s ok to go, he should start, but we don’t have news yet.

• Krausehouse

• 2020 DraftKings FHWC Finalist

I finished 2/1700 in the late quarter last night with a single bullet (147.00). i never play the late slate, of course when i do play it i put 0.25 on it haha! Feeling pretty good about my line tonight, so we all know how that usually ends up.

Have a good trip Papa, breaks always help me come back stronger so hopefully it allows you to do the same!

• Zieg30

@mr_papageorgio said...

I don’t see a way to not play the CAR chalk so I’m sure they will bust. PIT/MTL feels like it’s gonna be a playoff like game so I could see that being lower scoring. As I said earlier, Zucker looked good last game so I think he’s in play as is Crosby but not expecting a ton of fireworks from that game. NYR on the road isn’t a great spot but CBJ is really injured so I could see NYR scoring a few (Elvis can’t do this forever). WPG, good luck trying to figure out. I’m tempted to play some Sharks but not sure yet.

While you haven’t had a good stretch lately, it is still too bad that your vacation coincides with the best 6 days of the NHL DFS season.

Biggest prize pools inflated by mostly very weak competition. It’s the perfect storm of goodness for NHL DFSers.

As for your hockey comment, the NYR-CBJ game feels like a 2-0 win by either team to me, but I could also see the Rangers winning 4-3.

• keephustlincuz

I assume we are all using Nutivaara as a D punt tonight.

• FantasySultan

• Stashu

@FantasySultan said...

Who

He is a CBJ Dman, paired with Werenski on line 1, also on PP2

• maibockaddict

No tony deangelo tonight

• Balibraun

@Zieg30 said...

It looks like the bonuses are only applicable if you’re playing in the tournaments listed. Right now there aren’t any cheapies listed, so your plan won’t work out.

Just didn’t want you trying it in the .10 cent games, succeeding in breaking the season record, and getting super excited when, in fact, it wouldn’t count.

Does it not only count in the specific contests listed each day? Like the 8$ one today. Maybe I misread the rules. It would be nice if the bonus winner could come from any contests. It would let a small fish like me have a chance

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.