Comments

• bhdevault

• Lead Moderator

• Blogger of the Month

7:08 PM :  San Jose ( 128 ) at  Winnipeg ( -148 ) —- T: 6o-25
    7:08 PM :  N.Y. Rangers ( 112 ) at  Columbus ( -132 ) —- T: 5½u-13
    7:08 PM :  New Jersey ( 190 ) at  Carolina ( -225 ) —- T: 6u-12
    7:08 PM :  Montreal ( 170 ) at  Pittsburgh ( -200 ) —- T: 6u-15

Admin Note: The mod team is working to keep these daily threads more on topic – NHL strategy talk for today’s games. Post referring to yesterday’s games will be moved to yesterday’s NHL thread. Any off topic posts, troll posts or posts containing full lineups will be deleted. While the use of GIF’s are acceptable, content must be posted along with them.

• ifthethunder

@ifthethunder said...

I loaded up on PIT plus Jarry as goalie.

P.S. I see I wasn’t the only one with this strategy.
    ~

I see the smart people have Jason Zucker. And I don’t.

P.P.S. Also I have Malkin, not Crosby. Damn the danged Penguins anywho. GOOD NIGHT.
    ~

• yisman

I ended up dropping Simon because I didn’t need the savings and he hadn’t been playing a lot.

12 minutes last game but looks like 16 tonight.

Good news is I have Zucker twice. Bad news is I didn’t pair him with Crosby. I originally had full PIT1 but just too much salary left.

I wound up spending for Rust/Aho and each lineup had exactly $100 remaining.

• PocketsSloppy

DK $1 – 25 Player – Top 5 (2/15 – 7:00 PM)

https://www.draftkings.com/draft/contest/86005600

• yisman

Kassian got seven games for the kick.

Just announced.

• damionismyname

I picked Malkin over Crosby, no matter the sport. I still take the wrong guy. lol

• Southie777

Gonna be a wild ride in these 3rd periods with every game ending at once and these bigger contests! Fun, but stressful. Have a couple of lineups that could win the $20K in the $8 DK contest, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if they fell all the way down to min cashing or not even. My advice is to just not count any chickens before they hatch. You might get a goal that throws you into the top ten, then two goals could happen in the next two minutes to knock you down 1000 spots. Try to keep an even keel.

• Zieg30

@Southie777 said...

Gonna be a wild ride in these 3rd periods with every game ending at once and these bigger contests! Fun, but stressful. Have a couple of lineups that could win the $20K in the $8 DK contest, but I also wouldn’t be surprised if they fell all the way down to min cashing or not even. My advice is to just not count any chickens before they hatch. You might get a goal that throws you into the top ten, then two goals could happen in the next two minutes to knock you down 1000 spots. Try to keep an even keel.

Yup! Can’t get ones’ hopes up at all until the final whistle sounds. So many possible ENGs to possibly change things.

• mr_papageorgio

@mr_papageorgio said...

Zucker got a nice raise on DK but he looked really good the other night so I think I may start with him and Sid.

This aged well. Someday when I start taking my own advice I’m going to be good at this.

• yisman

Aho, it’s ok to shoot

Green light. Let’s go.

• Zieg30

@yisman said...

Aho, it’s ok to shoot

Green light. Let’s go.

Carolina is possibly the most frustrating team to pick from in the NHL. L1 is so fricken unreliable, and their goals are so often spread out, a la tonight.

• sirrobert6

• Blogger of the Month

Helly costing me thousands.

• maibockaddict

Moon walk for Joel Edmonson lol

• gmen81

I have no idea how the Jets haven’t scored here.

• yisman

Kyle Connor literally missed an open net with 30 seconds left

Would’ve forced OT

17 Jets shots in the third and a number of glorious chances but no goals.

• yisman

Nailed the goalies.

Georgiev in one lineup, Mrazek the other. It didn’t help.

83.9 and 101.9 on DK, not enough to cash

Rust, Dubois, Werenski, Slavin busts

• yisman

even lost my 25 QM with NIN due to Strome’s goal and Domi getting me a negative

https://sports.yahoo.com/dailyfantasy/contest/6708384/110938986/110939017

and lost about $100 on fantasydraft

didn’t cash with any of three lineups. Even my Zucker/Crosby one there didn’t cash.

• maibockaddict

Giggity

• Southie777

Refused to check my score on DK for the last 10 minutes of the 3rd periods, didn’t want to deal with the rollercoaster. Just kept up to date on who scored. Pleasantly surprised to see one of my lineups shot up to 7th in the Puck Drop. I could ask myself what if, but I’m gonna choose to be very happy with that and acknowledge that it’s far better than I expected to do!

• gmen81

So I fell out of cash in the puck drop and was confused why. I guess Gallagher didn’t score then.

• Steverino01

I really need to play more when there’s a small slate instead of going less. 2nd time in a week I’ve a killer night when not playing much. Had a PIT1 and WPG1 with Jarry in net score 144.6. 6th in Quarter Jukebox and 8 dime times that finished 1-4. $4.20 in and $75.28 out. I need to start not giving a crap every night.

• jjwd

@Steverino01 said...

I need to start not giving a crap every night

this is the holy grail

• stellagirl

@Steverino01 said...

I really need to play more when there’s a small slate instead of going less. 2nd time in a week I’ve a killer night when not playing much. Had a PIT1 and WPG1 with Jarry in net score 144.6. 6th in Quarter Jukebox and 8 dime times that finished 1-4. $4.20 in and $75.28 out. I need to start not giving a crap every night.

Well done!

• baahstonbotfly

@ifthethunder said...

Congrats, baahstonbotfly!

My forum entry didn’t do so well, but at least the CAPS snapped their losing streak.
    ~

Thanks!! Sorry for late response… valentine’s day commitments…

• Stashu

@Zieg30 said...

Carolina is possibly the most frustrating team to pick from in the NHL. L1 is so fricken unreliable, and their goals are so often spread out, a la tonight.

Agreed!
    I had 2 lineups based around PIT1, one paired with CAR1, and one paired with WPG1. Because I overthought it, AGAIN, I only used the PIT1-WPG1 (which finished at 149.20) in a single $10 double up, and used the PIT1-CAR1 in most of my other entries. I was for a very brief time up near Southie777 in the $8 contest, but that was with the CAR1 lineup.
    If I would have just gone with my gut instead of over thinking it, I would have easily tripled my money with the 149.20 lineup, and we all know what happened to my PIT2 lineups :-/

Ok, vent over, time to move on to today!

• Volkster6

I felt that “every game at one time” hard

At one point I was winning $16,825 after the 2nd periods. By the end of the 3rd I was down to $988…stat correction off a blocked shot I believe brought me down to $170.

I went in the $222, $88, and the $12. Thankfully the times are more staggered tonight

Brutal swings this week – brutal. But my orocrss

• X Unread Thread
  • X Thread with New Replies*
  • *Jumps to your first unread reply

Subforum Index

RotoGrinders.com is the home of the daily fantasy sports community. Our content, rankings, member blogs, promotions and forum discussion all cater to the players that like to create a new fantasy team every day of the week.

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling 1-800-GAMBLER (1-800-426-2537) (IL). Gambling problem? Call 1-800-Gambler (NJ/WV/PA), 1-800-9-WITH-IT (IN), 1-800-522-4700 (CO) or 1-800-BETS OFF (IA). 21+. NJ/PA/WV/IN/IA/CO/IL only.